Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
X5 adapter no power
1218 18 2016-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
runi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1548743 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Hi,
I just got my adapter today, I had upgraded the X5 and handle to the latest firmware prior to arrival, but when I put the X5 onto the adapter and turn it on nothing happens. There is no power going to the X5, no green light showing (the one beside the lens) and there are two green lights constantly lid on the handle. Also it does not show up as a wifi either. I tested the handle with a X3 and all works well. Anybody had the same issue or did I just receive a faulty adapter?

2016-5-9
Use props
runi
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

I might add that I have two handles, one original Osmo and one that I bought separately (handle kit), and they both act the same when the adapter is attached.
2016-5-9
Use props
runi
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

runi@photopop.d Posted at 2016-5-9 10:14
I might add that I have two handles, one original Osmo and one that I bought separately (handle kit) ...

now after some fiddling around I manage to get the X3 to function with the adapter, that means that there is going some power through the adapter. But nothing happens with the X5 adapter though. This is as strange as can be...
2016-5-9
Use props
runi
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

UPDATE.. I manage for one time to get the adapter to work, mounted the X5 on my Inspire Pro and then moved it over onto the Osmo handle and it worked. Then I turned it of and dismounted/mounted it back and now its back to not connecting.. this is frustration.
2016-5-9
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi,
I'm afraid there's something wrong with your operation.
Please note that the X5 adator is for X5 camera with the Osmo handle. If you mount the X3 camera on the Osmo handle, no adaptor is needed.
When upgrade the Osmo Pro firmware, please mount the X5 camera and the X5 adaptor on the handle and follow our official upgrade tutorial to upgrade the firmware.
About the X5 adaptor, please find more information at http://forum.dji.com/thread-49172-1-1.html
About the Osmo Pro firmware upgrade, please refer to this thread: http://forum.dji.com/thread-50032-1-1.html
Also, please read our official Osmo download webpage for any useful update at http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#downloads

For any question, please feel free to contact us!
Thanks for your understanding!
2016-5-9
Use props
runi
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-9 12:13
Hi,
I'm afraid there's something wrong with your operation.
Please note that the X5 adator is for X5 ...

Hi Adela.

This is indeed what I did, I followed the instructions point-by-point. I only took the X3 into play when I did not get any response from the X5 gimbal, just to make sure there was a signal going through the adapter.
My point is that there must be some malfunction with my adapter since it only works randomly. I have mounted/dismounted the X5 gimbal around 50-60 times and only 2 times managed to get it to start up normally. Would you not say that this is abnormal?!
2016-5-9
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

runi@photopop.d Posted at 2016-5-9 06:10
UPDATE.. I manage for one time to get the adapter to work, mounted the X5 on my Inspire Pro and then ...

You may want to take it apart and have a look???? There might be a loose or crimped wire
2016-5-9
Use props
runi
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-5-9 12:31
You may want to take it apart and have a look???? There might be a loose or crimped wire

I just don´t want to take something apart that is brand new, it should work 100% out of the box. Otherwise DJI must take it back and replace it with a new one.
2016-5-9
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

runi@photopop.d Posted at 2016-5-9 18:33
I just don´t want to take something apart that is brand new, it should work 100% out of the box.  ...

Hi,
If you've upgraded the firmware successfully, it should work.
If you mounted back the X5 camera to your Inspire and it didn't work, the problem may also be out of the camera.
As you stated that you managed to make the Osmo Pro worked twice, so maybe there's something wrong with the connection. Please double check.

If you can confirm that any part malfunction, please contact your dealer or our support team for further help.

Thanks for your cooperation!
2016-5-9
Use props
media100
lvl.2

Germany

I have the same problem with my X5 adapter...has been delivered yesterday from DJI China Online Store. The X3 works without problems with the X5 adapter, but the X5 is dead on the adapter (no movement and no wifi Signal with X5 connected). Everything is locked on the Osmo and the connectors are not bend or anything. I guess there's a hardware problem with my X5 Adapter.
2016-5-10
Use props
runi
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-10 08:16
Hi,
If you've upgraded the firmware successfully, it should work.
If you mounted back the X5 came ...

Hi Adela

Its frustrating when you "misread" my words, I never stated that I put it on my inspire and it did´t work. I wrote that I put it on the Inspire and it "did work" (it always connects straight away on the Inspire).. and when I transferred it back on the Osmo It worked.. but only for one time. If I dismounted it and put it back on, I was powerless again. I tried continuously for somewhat 20-30 times and only twice did it connect to the X5.
So as of now, I can make it work but Its random, sometimes it connects and sometimes it does not. I would say that there is a connection issue on the adapter. Another user has surfaced with that same issue so I guess that there is something to my statement that some of the adapters suffer a failure.
2016-5-10
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

media100 Posted at 2016-5-10 18:00
I have the same problem with my X5 adapter...has been delivered yesterday from DJI China Online Stor ...

Hello!
Have you tried to upgrade the Osmo Pro firmware v1.1.0.10 after you received your X5 adapter?
In case you haven't read some information about the new Osmo Pro firmware v1.1.0.10, please review this thread: http://forum.dji.com/thread-50032-1-1.html

Wait for your reply!
2016-5-10
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

runi@photopop.d Posted at 2016-5-10 22:31
Hi Adela

Its frustrating when you "misread" my words, I never stated that I put it on my inspire  ...

Sorry for the misunderstanding!
OK, let me confirm the situation with you again.
1) After the upgrade of Osmo Pro firmware,
    X5+X5 adaptor+Osmo handle: worked normally
    X5+Inspire pro: worked normally.
2) Afterwards,
    X5+Inspire pro: worked normally.
    X5+X5 adaptor+Osmo handle: can't work normally
Correct?

If above are all true, could you please return your unit to us for our further analysis?
Thanks for your cooperation!
2016-5-10
Use props
runi
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-11 04:20
Sorry for the misunderstanding!
OK, let me confirm the situation with you again.
1) After the upgra ...

Your checklist is a bit misleading duo to the fact that I already had updated my X5 prior to the arrival of the adapter. I am one of those people that have been using a 3D printet locking ring so I was able to update my X5 when the firmware came out.

So if you want a checklist, it should be about the adapter and not the firmware.

1. before the adapter arrived:
X5+Handle: worked normally
x5+inspire: worked normally

2. after adapter arrival:
x5+adapter+handle: not working normally
x5+inspire: works normally

2016-5-15
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

runi@photopop.d Posted at 2016-5-15 16:35
Your checklist is a bit misleading duo to the fact that I already had updated my X5 prior to the ar ...

Thanks for your confirmation!
There might be something wrong with the X5 adaptor. Could you please return it to us for further check?

Any other feedback would be appreciated!
2016-5-15
Use props
runi
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-16 06:01
Thanks for your confirmation!
There might be something wrong with the X5 adaptor. Could you please ...

I have been in contact with another user that has the same issue and recently returned his adapter, he was told that DJI was out of stock and would not be able to replace it at this point. I do not want to be In that situation!
Another thing is that if in fact the product has a failure, then all shipping costs should be paid by DJI and not me! I don´t recall if there was a return shipping ticket with the original order.. can you confirm that there was? Does DJI have a european office that I would ship to or does it have to go back to Asia?
2016-5-17
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

runi@photopop.d Posted at 2016-5-18 02:29
I have been in contact with another user that has the same issue and recently returned his adapter ...

Hello.
If you are based on Europe, please contact support.eu@dji.com for further after-sales service. For any details, our support representatives will explain to you clearly in email.
You can find more official information about our after-sales service at http://www.dji.com/service/repair

Thanks for your understanding.
2016-5-17
Use props
runi
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-18 05:20
Hello.
If you are based on Europe, please contact  for further after-sales service. For any detail ...

Thanks for the info.
I will look into it and decide if I want to send it back. At the moment there seems to be a shift going on. It looks like its getting better contact for every time I mount the gimbal on the adapter, so my thoughts are that if it continues to do so I will reach a point where it connects every time. If so then I will save my self the hassle of returning it.
2016-5-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

United States

runi@photopop.d Posted at 2016-5-18 04:12
Thanks for the info.
I will look into it and decide if I want to send it back. At the moment ther ...

OK.
Any further feedback would be appreciated.
2016-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules