Having to update RC after charging
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
drag line
lvl.3
Flight distance : 151299 ft
United States

I have a Phantom 3 Pro and noticed that I have to reload the latest firmware on the RC after I charge it back up. It was  down to just about 50% and recharged it and got up Saturday morning to catch the sunrise and missed it because I had to update the RC. This has happen twice and just wanted to know if it was normal
2016-5-9
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Sounds like you might be looking at the "About" screen before you turned on the Phantom.  

I've got all the latest updates but if I look at the "About" screen before the Phantom has a chance to link with the controller it will show a "N/A" for both the Version and Remote controller.

Power on the remote, power on the Phantom, make sure you've got a green light on the RC before you tap the "Camera" link on the App.

If you're still showing an incorrect version or something else equally wonky that is NOT normal.

About_FW188.jpg
2016-5-9
Use props
drag line
lvl.3
United States

I few on Friday evening and everything was good. Decided to charge up the RC. Setting up Sat. Morning to fly. Connected to app and drone. And got the RC needs to be updated. The message said. "Current firmware not recognize   Update" so I had to wait till it did its update. And everything was fine  this is the second time I was getting ready to fly and had to do update on RC. The only common denominator is I had charged up the day before
2016-5-9
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

Just to be clear: charging of the RC and it needing to update are two items that are not related. The notice for an update had nothing to do with you haven't charged it or not.

That said, you should always be sure that any device you are updating the firmware on should have a good charge.
2016-5-9
Use props
drag line
lvl.3
United States

Correct I had the latest RC firmware on Fri. I charged the RC after I finished flying Fri. The RC and phantom are all updated to the latest but after charging I had to update the RC sat morning
2016-5-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not A Speck Of  Posted at 2016-5-10 01:51
Just to be clear: charging of the RC and it needing to update are two items that are not related. Th ...

Correct, charging your RC wouldn't have anything to do with firmware.
You probably had a prior firmware and this time you had an internet signal and sensed that there was an update. BUT, it should also say aircraft requires update as well.
2016-5-9
Use props
Show Me Drone
lvl.2

I will NEVER update my Phantom again     EVER
2016-5-9
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

Show Me Drone Posted at 2016-5-10 02:44
I will NEVER update my Phantom again     EVER

... he says in a thread where nobody was asking that question ...

2016-5-9
Use props
drag line
lvl.3
United States

Just for the record my P3P is using 1.8.80 firmware and my RC is using 2.8.0 firmware. I have had both updated as soon as they came out. Had no problems was trying to get everything ready for Sat. morning . Double checked everything and when I set up to fly Sat morning I got the need to update the RC. I have always had either a wifi signal or a strong cellular signal when or both. Went to set up and got the need to update RC which was fine the night before, the only thing I did was to charge up the RC to make sure I would not run short on flight time. Very confusing
2016-5-9
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The RC should be at 1.6 of its firmware, the DJI GO App' on your display device is version 2.8.0, and as you say the aircraft is at 1.8.80.
2016-5-9
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you power up your display before the remote, then you may get a false report that the firmware needs updating. Try powering up remote first and then display device.
2016-5-9
Use props
drag line
lvl.3
United States

Sorry l do have 1.6 on RC and yes I turn on RC before I start to go app have done dozen of times with no problems. Not sure why it did this
2016-5-9
Use props
Show Me Drone
lvl.2

Not A Speck Of  Posted at 2016-5-10 02:46
... he says in a thread where nobody was asking that question ...

F OFF punk
2016-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules