Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Strange motor issue problem?) notification in flight.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1609482 ft
Greece

Hi,
yesterday in a small flight i saw a strange notification for the first time.
On the top left screen, i saw something about motor obsucle or something like that i cant remember the word. I landed , everything was fine.
I had seen the output propulsion etc thing before, i am ok with that.
But for this one i am worried, so i ask here if someone knows what motor notifications can come up in my screen?
I have the P3P one year, more than 200 flights everything fine. I have a worry if sometime a motor dies, or generally, if i should change motors , their life expectance etc..!!!
Here is my flight log.
http://healthydrones.com/main?share=KGzaAx

Cheers
Roi

2016-5-9
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Whew, looking at your log there were all kinds of mode changes and messages.  Sounds like you might have gotten a  "Motor obstructed" error.  Take a can of compressed air and blow out your motors.  After 200 flights you may have picked up some sand or bug bits or some other debris that is causing the motor to sense some resistance.  

Also, depending on how aggressively you may have been flying it might be time to actually swap out the motors (they do NOT have an infinite lifespan)
2016-5-9
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Greece

Thanks Gil, that was it. The motor obstructed error.
I will do bow out them and if i see the message again i will change all four of them.
I am listening on the sound of motors usually for estimating their life.
In my old rc helis motors it was easier to check bearings and inside motor....

Roi
2016-5-9
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Roi, when the props hit something or there are some objects trying to stop the motors (such as rope,branch or plastic bag etc), this error will come up. But if your drone flies normally in the air and doesn't hit anything, don't worry about this. Besides, you can download the flight data (DAT files) from the drone and send them to support.eu@dji.com for a data analysis.
2016-5-9
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Greece

Great thanks Paladin, i did checked the motors, they seem to be fine, nothing strange on turning by hand, sound and on the bech check, did some flights after that everything is ok.
But i will do send the dat files just for security reasons. I use my P3P proffesionally and want to make sure is as safe as possible.
I must say with all these notifications and flight logs, DJI gives so much help to prevent unpleasant surprises.

Thank you
Roi
2016-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules