P4 Propeller Installation Kits
767 3 2016-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alvinl
lvl.2

Singapore

Hi there,

How often does the P4 Propeller Installation Kits need to be changed?

The P4 QR props seem to look the same as the Inspire 1 (v1) QR props.

The Inspire 1 QR Prop installation kits needed to be replaced regularly.  Is this the same for the P4?

thanks!
2016-5-9
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is not official but I replace my inspires every 150-200 flights or as needed and will be doing the same on the p4. If you make prop contact with anything I would dispose of the prop and carefully look over the motor locking side as well.
2016-5-9
Use props
Cale262
lvl.3

Canada

I don't know but I'm guessing the Inspire props are under a lot more load when you factor in weight etc. I'm also guessing the P4 won't require them to be changed out frequently but I bought 4 sets just in case. I'm a big believer in routine preventative maintenance and will make it a practice to change them anytime accidental contact is made or when in doubt. I haven't heard or read of anyone needing to change one yet but it sure would be a pain in the butt to be without if needed...I have a lot of kit at hand but I've always believed and lived by the motto of "better to have and not need than to need and not have".
Funny enough, just as I was typing this up DHL came to my door with my latest DJI store shipment...very weird!

2016-5-9
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good idea I will order a set, I did buy the spare screw pack just in case

2016-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now