When some calls and I'm flying??
2433 11 2016-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
frogburner
lvl.2
Flight distance : 173294 ft
United States

I just recently purchased the P4 and mighty add that it's an awesome piece of equipment. I use my iPhone 6 as the FPV and started wondering what happens when I'm flying and someone calls? Does the call even go through or do you just decline it and keep on going.
2016-5-9
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The call will come through.
If you don't want the distraction you can switch the phone to airplane mode (how appropriate)
2016-5-9
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

just turn off calls and texts!
  You can pull up the bottom menu and hit the moon which is the do not disturb.  First to configure it to stop calls and texts: go under settings and open the tab for do not disturb, under the silence section check always.     this way when your flying put on do not disturb and calls and texts will not pop up!
2016-5-9
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

It is recommended to switch the phone to airplane mode in the flight. When the call comes, actually the live feed on the screen will be interrupted, which may make users feel tense, I think.
2016-5-9
Use props
Ribfeast
lvl.2
Australia

Doesn't flight mode disable the wifi?
2016-5-9
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Ribfeast Posted at 2016-5-10 13:37

Yes, it does, it disables all services that transmit, WiFi, Cellular and Bluetooth.
2016-5-9
Use props
Ribfeast
lvl.2
Australia

Makes it hard to control the drone then   I'd just disable cellular or enable DND mode as described above.
2016-5-9
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Ribfeast Posted at 2016-5-9 20:37

Yes, but after enabling airplane mode you can also enable wifi if you need it, which would only be on the Standard and the P34k,  I think,  as all other P3's and the P4 connect via usb cable.
2016-5-9
Use props
sergio.go
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-9 23:31
It is recommended to switch the phone to airplane mode in the flight. When the call comes, actually  ...

where does it say this?? ive looked everywhere. putting it in airplane mode will disable the gps so maps wont show up.
2016-6-11
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

sergio.go Posted at 2016-6-12 08:50
where does it say this?? ive looked everywhere. putting it in airplane mode will disable the gps s ...

1.  GPS doesn't supply maps at all
2.  Airplane mode only disables transmitting so GPS is not affected
3.  It doesn't say that anywhere .. it's just DJI-Paladin saying it

Airplane mode or not, the only difference it will make is whether you get calls while flying.
2016-6-11
Use props
sergio.go
lvl.2

United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-6-11 19:31
1.  GPS doesn't supply maps at all
2.  Airplane mode only disables transmitting so GPS is not affe ...

that's the same thing that I thought. but yesterday I flew for the first time in DND and I saw a map on the lower left pop up. not shown when I usually fly on airplane mode
2016-6-12
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

sergio.go Posted at 2016-6-13 03:35
that's the same thing that I thought. but yesterday I flew for the first time in DND and I saw a m ...

GPS only supplies location data ... Lat and Long numbers.
The maps come from Google or Apple and use the location dtat to show where you are on the map.
The only way a map can show up in your app is that either you have cached that map area before or you have mobile data enabled on your device which allows the app to download the map from Apple or Google.
2016-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules