Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery Extender Defective
4810 78 2016-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

o.nobuo Posted at 2016-6-8 22:45
Hi Adela,
The problem is that I live in Brazil and have acquired the OSMO Battery Extension in a t ...

Thanks for your reply.
Our engineers will deal with this issue properly. Please don't worry too much.
If the situation is really urgent for you, I will still suggest you to return your unit for a replacement, and our engineers will have further tests or checks on your unit for a better solution.

Your cooperation would be appreciated.
2016-6-11
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

seanemclean@gma Posted at 2016-6-9 22:53
Does this include sending REPLACEMENT ones to affected parties, of which there are many?

Hello.
If there's any problem or defect, we'll take the responsibility to solve it for our customers according to our official after-sales policy. For sake of our mutual benefits, kindly please review the details about our after-sales policy at http://www.dji.com/service.

Please feel free to contact us.
Thanks for your understanding.
2016-6-11
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Burlbark Posted at 2016-6-10 09:44
I bought mine directly from DJI so I would hope that they would just send me out a proper replace ...

Hi Burlbark,
We'll surely send you a qualified replacement if it's necessary, each case will be recorded in our management system so that we can improve our service and products accordingly.
If you need any help about your case, please let me know the Ticket No. or Case No. for checking.

Thanks for your cooperation.
2016-6-11
Use props
Catchup
lvl.1
Switzerland

The same here. Oslo pro latest Firmware, with Battery extender and phantom 4 Battery, it power up, gimbal is positioned in their standard position and after a few second gimbal shuts off and the power led remains lighted in red color.
2016-6-12
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Catchup Posted at 2016-6-13 15:54
The same here. Oslo pro latest Firmware, with Battery extender and phantom 4 Battery, it power up, g ...

Hello, Catchup
About this issue, we've paid high attention on it and our engineers are trying to fix the issue to the most. A solution will be definitly coming if you're so kind to wait for a while with patience.
Right now, if you need any further help urgently, you may email to support.eu@dji.com directly.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks.
2016-6-13
Use props
hungdang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4831962 ft
  • >>>
Australia

dopeytree Posted at 2016-5-12 03:49
Strange mine works fine. I'm sure you'll get it fixed ASAP.

strange, how on earth your battery extender works.
DJI has confirmed that it is a bug and will roll out new firmware to fix it soon. lolz
2016-6-14
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

hungdang Posted at 2016-6-15 07:07
strange, how on earth your battery extender works.
DJI has confirmed that it is a bug and will rol ...

Hi Hungdang,
Some of the battery extenders do work well.
To avoid any potential issue or to solve the reported problems, our engineers are working on the new firmware to improve the situation.

Thanks for your understanding.
2016-6-14
Use props
nivong
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2267251 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

So a new firmware is going to fix it? I just got. I've from the new batch and same issue....
2016-6-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

nivong Posted at 2016-6-19 15:21
So a new firmware is going to fix it? I just got. I've from the new batch and same issue....

Hi,
Sorry for the problem.
Please just wait for the next firmware update, our engineers are working on it to solve the issue.
If you're really urgent, you may email to support.eu.com for any possible temporary solution.

Thanks for your patience.
2016-6-18
Use props
seanemclean
lvl.4
Flight distance : 223061 ft
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-12 00:41
Hello.
If there's any problem or defect, we'll take the responsibility to solve it for our custome ...

What a load of shit.
2016-6-19
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi Seanemclean,
We're terribly sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Our engineers have worked out a solution to the problem, you may contact support.us@dji.com for further help.

Thanks for your cooperation.
2016-6-19
Use props
nivong
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-20 05:37
Hi Seanemclean,
We're terribly sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Our engineers have worked out a ...

I emailed them and they said I have to send it back. Isn't there a firmware beta version that we can download?
2016-6-20
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

nivong Posted at 2016-6-20 21:03
I emailed them and they said I have to send it back. Isn't there a firmware beta version that we c ...

Hello Nivong,
There isn't an available beta firmware yet.
If it's allowable, could you please just wait for a little longer for the final solution? Our engineers are working hard on it to solve this issue.

If you have tried the "temporary solution" to no avail, please send it back for our further analysis.
Thanks.
2016-6-21
Use props
nivong
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-22 04:11
Hello Nivong,
There isn't an available beta firmware yet.
If it's allowable, could you please jus ...

What is this temporary solution?
2016-6-21
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

nivong Posted at 2016-6-22 14:54
What is this temporary solution?

Hello.
You may email to support.eu@dji.com for more information about the "temporary solution".

Thanks.
2016-6-21
Use props
nivong
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-22 09:59
Hello.
You may email to  for more information about the "temporary solution".

This is their respons:
"Dear Niels,

Thank you for contacting the DJI technical support.
I am sorry we where not aware of this new firmware fix.
I am however afraid, i am not able to apply you for beta firmware.
For repairs you have to send it back following the RMA form attached.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks for choosing DJI

With kind regards,"

Your turn again DJI-Adela ;)
2016-6-22
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

nivong Posted at 2016-6-22 17:45
This is their respons:
"Dear Niels,

Thanks for your reply.
There might be some misunderstanding in your communication with our coworkers.
Could you please tell me the ticket number so that I can help to check your case?

Wait for your response.
2016-6-22
Use props
aididhaiqal
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1132822 ft
Malaysia

nivong Posted at 2016-6-22 17:45
This is their respons:
"Dear Niels,

Dont ask for beta firmware,Go to support chat and tell them your issue.They may give you new firmware
2016-6-22
Use props
nivong
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-22 12:42
Thanks for your reply.
There might be some misunderstanding in your communication with our coworke ...

I dont have a case number since I am not going to return that thing and wait another 3 months to receive one (took DJI 6 weeks to send this broken unit) if a firmware can fix it.

Spoke with DJI tech support this is what they said:Your order should have been arrived otherwise talk to sales department.
After explaning it more than 3 times I got an anwser saying:
Your osmo is broken or the X5R so send both back
and after push I got:
Your battery extender is broken send it back.....

How fn stupid are the guys and or girls that work at the chat department? What is this "fix" you are talking about, care to PM it???
2016-6-23
Use props
nivong
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2016-6-23
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

nivong Posted at 2016-6-24 15:31
Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield?What happened there lol

Hi Nivong,
Sorry for any trouble.
Could you please tell me your contact email address? I'll send the "solution" to you by email.
In addition, is your unit Osmo, Osmo Pro or Osmo Raw?

Wait for your confirmation.
2016-6-24
Use props
nivong
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-24 12:08
Hi Nivong,
Sorry for any trouble.
Could you please tell me your contact email address? I'll send t ...

I am using the OSMO RAW
2016-6-24
Use props
o.nobuo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26060 ft
Brazil

Hi Adele,

I have been made a lot of tests with my battery extender and I am 100% sure that the OSMO firmware checks some information at power on time that must come from battery extender 2 inside pins. If I put a tape over the 2 inside pins of battery extender, the OSMO simple doesn´t power on, so it is obviously that the firmware checks some kind of signal from that 2 pins.
I am 100% sure that OSMO firmware power on reset routine checks if the battery is a genuine DJI one.
So it is just a matter to bypass this check at power on reset routine and that is why sometime when you power on the OSMO keep pressing both the shoot and video buttons at power time, OSMO works fine...
2016-6-25
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

o.nobuo Posted at 2016-6-26 06:55
Hi Adele,

I have been made a lot of tests with my battery extender and I am 100% sure that the OSMO ...

Hi o.nobuo,
Thanks for your information.
I appreciate your effort and knowledge, what you've found might be true, however, I beg your pardon that I have no available confirmation for you on this issue.

If you have any problem with our products, we'll help you solve it and our engineers will be always our strong supporters.
Any good suggestion would be appreciated.
2016-6-26
Use props
nivong
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Adela,

Thanks for sending me the temp fix, works !
2016-6-27
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

nivong Posted at 2016-6-27 20:18
Hi Adela,

Thanks for sending me the temp fix, works !

Hi Nivong,
Thanks for your feedback.
2016-6-28
Use props
steven.dieveney
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26 ft
United States

Wow... I just got my battery extender yesterday... Shocker... it doesn't work. Can someone please tell me what the "temp fix" is? I've read through this entire thread and don't see the solution. Will there be a real fix coming?  Thanks, Steve
2016-6-29
Use props
steven.dieveney
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26 ft
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-24 18:08
Hi Nivong,
Sorry for any trouble.
Could you please tell me your contact email address? I'll send t ...

Adela,
Can you please send me the "temp fix" for the battery extender for OSMO X5R? Got mine yesterday. Doesn't work. PLEASE HELP!!!!!
2016-6-29
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

steven.dieveney Posted at 2016-6-29 23:32
Adela,
Can you please send me the "temp fix" for the battery extender for OSMO X5R? Got mine yester ...

Hello Steven,
To help you judge the issue, could you please show me the problem firstly with details?

Wait for your further information.
Thanks.
2016-6-29
Use props
RoryG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1471450 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi,

I've just bought a battery extender from DJI and having the exact same issues with my X5 on the latest firmware. This unit switches on and the gimbal initialises, then after three seconds it shuts off and the power light turns red. I've tried using a TB48, TB47, 100w charger and 180w charger with the same results. The Osmo Pro works perfect with the internal battery. I contacted live support and they said this was a known issue and to contact support.eu@dji.com which I did, and they replied telling me to email beta@dji.com to request the firmware. I'm still waiting for a reply so have a useless battery extender which was bought specifically for a job this weekend which we now can't do - very frustrated! Can support or someone send me the fix please? I'm using the Osmo handle with the X5.

Cheers,

Rory
2016-7-9
Use props
bitnaut
lvl.1
Canada

Just received my DJI 2 pin cable to battery extender and DJI Osmo battery extender to use with my Osmo and X5R. I'm having the same problems as reported in this thread when using Ronin batteries. I turn on the Ronin battery then turn on the Osmo with X5R. The Osmo begins to boot up but then shuts down with a right-side red light before I can even have a chance to connect my iPhone to the Osmo wireless.

I have found a small workaround to this...if I pull out the SSD and then turn everything on, it works! After it's all up and running, I put in the SSD and it continues to work

Otherwise, the regular Osmo battery works fine with the X5R so hopefully this is just a firmware thing that needs to be fixed and not a hardware thing.
2016-7-9
Use props
RoryG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1471450 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

On Friday morning I contacted DJI Support and emailed the beta address as requested but still not heard anything back. I need to know if my extender is defective so I can return it if there's no firmware fix. Anyone from DJI help? See my post two up from here for my problem.

Cheers,

Rory
2016-7-11
Use props
hoffan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 71253 ft
Sweden

The same problem here. Osmo with X3 and  latest Firmware, with Battery extender and Inspire Battery(Same withe Inspire Charger) , it power up, gimbal is positioned in their standard position and after a few second gimbal shuts off and the power led remains lighted in red color. Works good withe the OSMO battery
2016-7-12
Use props
hoffan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 71253 ft
Sweden

Have now tolk too DJI support online, And they didn't know anything about this issue. And the only thing they told me
was to go back to the shop and get a new one, but i don't think this we solved my problems... What do you think??
2016-7-12
Use props
purchasest
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7 ft
United Kingdom

Burlbark Posted at 2016-6-10 02:44
I bought mine directly from DJI so I would hope that they would just send me out a proper replace ...

After waiting a month for my OSMO extender it finally arrived defective like everyone else's has.  It's quite clear when I connect the extender to a Phantom 3 Advanced battery that the fit is loose.  When comparing it at the same time alongside a Phantom 3 Advanced charger two blade connector in another battery, that is a firm solid fit.

The regular Phantom 3 charger connector goes fully home into the battery.  The battery extender connector stays about 1.5mm short of fully home and rocks from side to side.  I'm convinced this is purely a case of poor quality control in manufacturing which DJI could easily sort if they put their mind to it.

2016-7-13
Use props
J0HN
lvl.1

Netherlands

o.nobuo Posted at 2016-6-26 00:55
Hi Adele,

I have been made a lot of tests with my battery extender and I am 100% sure that the OSMO ...

Hi Adele,
I've two OSMO's and both units react exact as discrypt above by 'o.nobuo', powers up, initialises, aligns the gimbal and cuts off the power and freezes with the right LED on RED.
When left in this condition after a few minutes it restarts again and everything repeats it selfs.
I read somewhere that the power plug could be the problem, so I cut off the standard DC plug and soldered a nieuw mini-XLR kind of plug on it, now I can use it on a adjustable lab power supply and checked if it is a power source issue or not.
I also checked on different voltages from 12 to 24 volts but same results so power source can be ruled out, I think.
O, btw, on previous firmware releases it was not a probleem or at least it never happened to me.
2016-7-28
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

J0HN Posted at 2016-7-28 13:25
Hi Adele,
I've two OSMO's and both units react exact as discrypt above by 'o.nobuo', powers up, ini ...

We're very sorry for the inconvenience. Please contact the seller for a replacement, or contact support@dji.com for a repair/replacement. Thank you.
2016-7-29
Use props
yuukishimizu
lvl.1

France

Same problem here...

power it on  and a Few seconds after shuts off and osmo shows a red light.Osmo and X5R

What is that firmware ?
2016-8-3
Use props
yuukishimizu
lvl.1

France

What is that "solution" ..?
2016-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules