Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery Extender Defective
12Next >
5753 78 2016-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
seanemclean
lvl.3
Flight distance : 223061 ft
United States

So, nearly a month later I finally received my Battery Extender (of course without any meaningful explanation, apology, or compensation) and it is not functioning properly.  When hooked up to a charged Inspire battery, the camera initializes, then the the gimbal deactivates.  Over, and over, and over again.  Sometimes after five cycles of powering on and off, it will remain powered on.  It seems to work normally when connected to a battery charger, but the use with the battery is absolutely terrible.
Is this unit defective? If so, OVERNIGHT ME ONE RIGHT NOW.
Is this normal? If so, LOL.

What's going on here, DJI?  Took a video of the issue.  In case you just want to go ahead and send me another one, and some free accessories for screwing this order up so badly, it's order 001173436119.

Click for video:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3r0eue ... 2009.57.09.mov?dl=0

2016-5-9
Use props
seanemclean
lvl.3
United States

Err0xx Posted at 2016-5-11 01:32
I have this exact same problem with 2 different battery extenders but the battery extenders work fin ...

I don't have an X3 camera. If I turn it off and on a half a dozen times, it'll finally stay on.  I'll just deal with it, I'm done interacting with DJI directly.  Support basically told me to go piss up a rope. Not going to send it back and wait for several weeks while they do nothing, and then send it back to me on the slow boat.
2016-5-11
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello!
Sorry about the problem!
Firstly, could you please check if you've upgraded the firmware successfully?
If it's not out of the firmware, then please contact your dealer or our support team for an exchange or repair.

Thanks for your understanding!
2016-5-9
Use props
seanemclean
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-9 23:08
Hello!
Sorry about the problem!
Firstly, could you please check if you've upgraded the firmware succ ...

Yes, the firmware is up to date. You have my order information, process the exchange.
2016-5-10
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

seanemclean@gma Posted at 2016-5-10 19:18
Yes, the firmware is up to date. You have my order information, process the exchange.

I'm sorry that I can't handle any sales issue.
Please contact support.us@dji.com for further help.
I'm afraid you need to open a ticket for after-sales service.

Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for your cooperation!
2016-5-10
Use props
seanemclean
lvl.3
United States

I already opened a ticket. Guess this'll take another month to sort out.

2016-5-10
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

seanemclean@gma Posted at 2016-5-10 20:12
I already opened a ticket. Guess this'll take another month to sort out.

Please wait for the response patiently.
If you need any help, please let me know.
Have a nice day!
2016-5-10
Use props
seanemclean
lvl.3
United States

Yes, I'll be super patient waiting for the replacement device for something that I received a month later that promised.  I'll get right on that.
2016-5-10
Use props
Err0xx
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I have this exact same problem with 2 different battery extenders but the battery extenders work fine with the x3 camera. It appears to be an x5 issue and I don't think a replacement battery extender will behave any differently. I have multiple and they all do this with the x5 but work great with x3.  Try your extender with x3 and see if it works?
EDIT: Scratch above, apparently I have 2 defective battery extenders. I had access to a third this afternoon and it powered the X5 fine. Apparently some of them will work with X3 but not X5 when they should work with both the X3 and X5.
2016-5-10
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Strange mine works fine. I'm sure you'll get it fixed ASAP.
2016-5-11
Use props
seanemclean
lvl.3
United States

dopeytree Posted at 2016-5-11 13:49
Strange mine works fine. I'm sure you'll get it fixed ASAP.

Funny joke.
2016-5-11
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you emailed them? Or tried the online live chat? through that I got my last parcels upgraded to express. Basically from china to UK in 3 days.
2016-5-11
Use props
seanemclean
lvl.3
United States

dopeytree Posted at 2016-5-11 13:55
Have you emailed them? Or tried the online live chat? through that I got my last parcels upgraded to ...

Yep. They want me to send it back to CA (5 Days), expected turnaround time of 2-3 weeks, and then return shipping back (another 5 days).  Absolutely ridiculous.

I'll just deal with the half-assed product, especially since others are reporting the same issue.  
2016-5-11
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Err0xx Posted at 2016-5-11 13:32
I have this exact same problem with 2 different battery extenders but the battery extenders work fin ...

Hi,
For any similar issue,
First, please make sure you've upgrade the Osmo/Osmo Pro/Osmo Raw to the latest firmware versions.
Second, please test if it works OK with the ordinary battery.
Usually, with the latest firmware, the battery extender should work with X3/X5/X5R perfectly without fail.
If that's not true, please contact your dealer for returning.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation!
2016-5-11
Use props
seanemclean
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-12 03:08
Hi,
For any similar issue,
First, please make sure you've upgrade the Osmo/Osmo Pro/Osmo Raw to t ...

It's clearly a product defect, Adela.  You should just send out new ones when they are revised.
2016-5-12
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

seanemclean@gma Posted at 2016-5-13 00:42
It's clearly a product defect, Adela.  You should just send out new ones when they are revised.

Please contact support.us@dji.com, our support representative will response to you ASAP with a reasonable solution.
For a better understanding of our after-sales policy, kindly please review our official website: http://www.dji.com/service

Sorry for any trouble caused!
2016-5-14
Use props
seanemclean
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-15 03:04
Please contact , our support representative will response to you ASAP with a reasonable solution.  ...

Enough, Adela. It's defective, there are multiple reports of the same issue. I'm not going to send it back for another month+. I don't really care what the policy is, but after this debacle, DJI should do the right thing and proactively replace them. Obviously I know that will not occur, as customer service is still not a priority for DJI.
2016-5-16
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

seanemclean@gma Posted at 2016-5-16 19:34
Enough, Adela. It's defective, there are multiple reports of the same issue. I'm not going to send ...

Make sure you turn the battery on when using the extended, you have to double click the button like your turning on your drone
2016-5-16
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

seanemclean@gma Posted at 2016-5-16 19:34
Enough, Adela. It's defective, there are multiple reports of the same issue. I'm not going to send ...

Make sure you turn the battery on when using the extended, you have to double click the button like your turning on your drone
2016-5-16
Use props
seanemclean
lvl.3
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-5-16 11:15
Make sure you turn the battery on when using the extended, you have to double click the button lik ...

Yep, I know.  I have to turn the Osmo on and off a half a dozen times before it stays on.  Works fine on the Osmo battery, and works fine if the extender is plugged into a DJI charger, it only behaves this way when connected to my inspire batteries (tried 47 and 48).
2016-5-17
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

seanemclean@gma Posted at 2016-5-17 08:28
Yep, I know.  I have to turn the Osmo on and off a half a dozen times before it stays on.  Works f ...

Yes, that 2 prong plug for the osmo extender sucks, it's loose and is very poorly designed. Also the cord is short.
2016-5-17
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

seanemclean@gma Posted at 2016-5-17 20:28
Yep, I know.  I have to turn the Osmo on and off a half a dozen times before it stays on.  Works f ...

Hi,
If you are sure that the problem is out of the 2 PIN cable to the Inspire batteries, could you please just contact your dealer for a better one.
So, the external battery extender is not the issue, right?

Thanks for your confirmation in advance.
2016-5-17
Use props
seanemclean
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-17 23:42
Hi,
If you are sure that the problem is out of the 2 PIN cable to the Inspire batteries, could you ...

DJI is my 'dealer', and I'm not dealing with sending it back, waiting a month, and getting a new one.

You have my order information, you can either do the right thing and send me a new one, or not.
2016-5-18
Use props
Burlbark
lvl.2

Not only did I get sent 2 defective OSMOS I now find that my battery extender is also defective. It will not power on either of my OSMO...... I am going to do my best to tell the whole world of this disaster. This is the worst quality control I have ever seen.
2016-5-19
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Burlbark Posted at 2016-5-20 13:59
Not only did I get sent 2 defective OSMOS I now find that my battery extender is also defective. It ...

May I have more details about your trouble so that we can do the right service for you?

Thanks.
2016-5-19
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

seanemclean@gma Posted at 2016-5-18 21:25
DJI is my 'dealer', and I'm not dealing with sending it back, waiting a month, and getting a new o ...

Hello.
Sorry, it's out of my power to process any after-sales procedures.
If you wanna our repair or replacement service, please contact support.us@dji.com directly for help.

If there's anything that I can do for you, please let me know.
Thanks for your cooperation.
2016-5-19
Use props
seanemclean
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-20 03:29
Hello.
Sorry, it's out of my power to process any after-sales procedures.
If you wanna our repair  ...

Well, they're entirely unsympathetic. Forget it, Adela. I'm not even sure what you do here.
2016-5-20
Use props
Burlbark
lvl.2

seanemclean@gma Posted at 2016-5-20 19:10
Well, they're entirely unsympathetic. Forget it, Adela. I'm not even sure what you do here.

Not only are they unsympathetic they will email you back and forth half a dozen times asking for this and that hoping you just give up and keep the product. I was able to get my adapter working. There was a varnish of plastic on the small center pin not allowing continuity. I had to twist and turn and remove the plug a dozen times until it made contact. Its working but the gimbal is still unusable. I am letting the world know....  

2016-5-20
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Burlbark Posted at 2016-5-21 03:00
Not only are they unsympathetic they will email you back and forth half a dozen times asking for t ...

Hello.
May I know your Ticket No.?
Please understand that some procedures are needed to investigate and collect the necessary information so that we can help figure out the issue.

According to your video, it seems that the camera can't track your movement quickly, have you tried to adjust the Gimbal Profile in the DJI GO App? Please also try to reset and calibrate the camera/gimbal.

Any further feedback would be appreciated.
2016-5-22
Use props
o.nobuo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26060 ft
Brazil

I have the same problem with my battery extender and I am using X3 camera. The only way the get it working is doing a hard reset everytime I power on the OSMO (holding movie and photo buttons pressed while powering on). Is there some kind of firmware in the Battery Extender??
2016-6-5
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

o.nobuo Posted at 2016-6-6 08:37
I have the same problem with my battery extender and I am using X3 camera. The only way the get it w ...

Hello.
Do you mean you get it resuming work by pressing Record+Shutter+Power Switch at the same time?
Technically, it doesn't need to reset the firmware to support the Battery Extender.
When the battery extender can't work normally, what's the appearance of your Osmo, please?

Thanks.
2016-6-5
Use props
o.nobuo
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-6 13:01
Hello.
Do you mean you get it resuming work by pressing Record+Shutter+Power Switch at the same ti ...

Hi Adele,

Did you see the video posted by seanemclean? My OSMO with X3 camera using 2 pin cable acts the same way as in that video. It power up, gimbal is positioned in their standard position and after a few second gimbal shuts off and the power led remains lighted in red color.
When I power up with Record+Shutter pressed it works once every 3 to 5 tries.
Battery extender should have some kind of firmware inside it that send signals using the 2 center contacts in the extender...
2016-6-6
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

o.nobuo Posted at 2016-6-7 03:48
Hi Adele,

Did you see the video posted by seanemclean? My OSMO with X3 camera using 2 pin cable a ...

Hello.
Sorry about the problem.
If you've upgraded the firmware to the latest version, and your Osmo can be powered on with the normal battery, in that situation, please send your external battery extender in for repair. We'll analyze the cause further on your returned defective entity.

2016-6-6
Use props
info
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4114101 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hi,
I've a same problem with my extender battery.
My osmo can be powered with the normal battery and my firmware is to the latest version.
I've a X3 camera.

2016-6-7
Use props
Burlbark
lvl.2

info@dronediffu Posted at 2016-6-8 03:29
Hi,
My osmo can be powered with the normal battery and ...

From what I have seen pretty much all the battery extenders have failed..... Perhaps the OSMO wants to see the authorized battery data and the extender is not providing it properly?

I had half the voltage coming from my inside data pins compared to my stock standard battery. It appears that one of the inside pins is providing +8v to Osmo and the outside pins are +11v and -ground. On my battery extender my inside pin was putting out 4.35 which would indicate to me that one of the voltage regulators internally on the OSMO was not up to the task and had failed.
2016-6-7
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

info@dronediffu Posted at 2016-6-8 03:29
Hi,
My osmo can be powered with the normal battery and ...

Hello.
Based on your description, your battery extender may need to be sent in for further test.
Please contact our technical support with more details for further help.

2016-6-7
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Burlbark Posted at 2016-6-8 03:52
From what I have seen pretty much all the battery extenders have failed..... Perhaps the OSMO want ...

Thanks for your feedback.
Our engineers have acknowledged the situation and will look into it further.
We'll try our best to improve the quality in the future.

2016-6-7
Use props
o.nobuo
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-7 15:37
Hello.
Sorry about the problem.
If you've upgraded the firmware to the latest version, and your Os ...

Hi Adela,
The problem is that I live in Brazil and have acquired the OSMO Battery Extension in a trip to Japan last month. So any try to repair it will cost me more than acquire a new one, but I must be 100% sure that the new one will work... So I will wait until DJI engineers find a solution to this problem...
2016-6-8
Use props
seanemclean
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-8 02:22
Thanks for your feedback.
Our engineers have acknowledged the situation and will look into it furt ...

Does this include sending REPLACEMENT ones to affected parties, of which there are many?
2016-6-9
Use props
Burlbark
lvl.2

seanemclean@gma Posted at 2016-6-9 22:53
Does this include sending REPLACEMENT ones to affected parties, of which there are many?

I bought mine directly from DJI so I would hope that they would just send me out a proper replacement and acknowledge the error..... One can hope.
2016-6-9
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules