Who has the best after-sales service ?
1208 7 2016-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cuington
lvl.1

I am soliciting the forum's feedback on how you feel after-sale service is best handled. I am a a P2V+ owner but will be upgrading to the P4 sometime this week. I'm wanting to take advantage of the great deal DJI is offering with 2 extra batts, but I'm really nervous about future assistance and/or service when dealing directly with DJI.

I've only had to solicit help from DJI once, and it was a complete waste of time with no resolution given. I had always heard that the customer service really stinks, but until I experienced it myself I had a hard time believing that such a successful sales company could survive if it was really that awful.

I contacted DJI for only the second time 3 days ago through the chat. I was abruptly disconnected, with no goodbye when I inquired about after-sale servicing if I purchased directly through DJI. I don't think he liked my question. That makes me nervous about my future with dealing directly with them.  

But, there is no way I can believe it's this bad all the time. My choices are to purchase through a vendor, where I'll receive acceptable levels of feedback and assistance, and not get the DJI 2 battery deal. Or take my chances and hope my P4 is as outstanding as my P2+ has been. I've had zero issues with it. (The previous issue was with 2 of my batts that went south)

So the question I'm asking is, "what is the consensus out there about using online dealers to purchase through, vs. DJI direct, as a result of service history?  

Please offer any comments in this regard for me.  

Thanks in advance!
2016-5-10
Use props
Cuington
lvl.1
United States

Did anyone get this post?
2016-5-10
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Sorry for your experience, Cuington. Did you contact our tech support via live chat or email? What was your issue at that time?
2016-5-10
Use props
Cuington
lvl.1

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-11 09:32
Sorry for your experience, Cuington. Did you contact our tech support via live chat or email? What w ...

It wasn't through email. I was inquiring about the bundle package, and whether or not it was available through any vendors online, or through the Apple Store. I asked about the level of service during after-sale needs, if I ever needed it. I asked if it would be a quicker response if I used a vendor, or if the levels of service had improved over the past. I hadn't needed any service in a long while. (It's not a secret that a lot consumers are concerned about the way DJI lacked greatly in the service area)  
I just wanted to know if any areas had improved enough for me to trust purchasing directly with DJI, or would he/she recommend I purchase through an approved vendor for faster response and/or good service.

I want to take advantage of the 2 extra battery deal, but not at the expense of not being happy with little-to-no service later, if ever needed. I'm reading a lot of negatives about some of the Phantom 4's issues after updates, gimble lean issues, altitude drops, etc., that aren't being addressed, as well as how long service tickets are taking, and being charged for service things that should've been covered (maybe a matter of the owner's opinion or case-by-case).

I just want to know what to expect? I find it hard to believe that DJI is that awful, yet continues to exist and put out awesome products.
2016-5-10
Use props
adonis422002
New

United States

How do I find a place (with experience) to take off the filter to my P3 Pro, I fear I will damage it.  It is on so tight it will not budge.
2016-5-10
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Cuington Posted at 2016-5-11 10:58
It wasn't through email. I was inquiring about the bundle package, and whether or not it was avail ...

Your purchasing channel won't influence the product's after-sales service. You can choose to buy it directly from DJI's official online store or our authorized dealers like Apple. If you have any issues when using the drone, feel free to contact our tech support via support@dji.com or http://www.dji.com/support/product. You can read the details of our after-sales policy here: http://www.dji.com/service
2016-5-10
Use props
Cuington
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-11 11:21
Your purchasing channel won't influence the product's after-sales service. You can choose to buy i ...

So, either way it all runs through DJI? An example scenario would be this:

My Dad bought a P3P and the camera took pictures with the edges not being sharp. He called up the online dealer and they took care of it for him. Did the vendor have to send it back to DJI, or is it possible they repaired it themselves?  It was handled ASAP, then repaired and returned really fast.
I don't hear of this happening as quickly when dealing directly with DJI.

Would the process have been handled any differently lif this situation was handled directly through DJI?

I'm having to ask these things because my only 2 encounters were not pleasant, and I'm about to drop almost $2000 upgrading to the P4. I know that not everyone is always happy about service, and that some just like to complain about the smallest issues, but reading and viewing other similar issues about simple things makes me nervous.
2016-5-10
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Cuington Posted at 2016-5-11 12:19
So, either way it all runs through DJI? An example scenario would be this:

My Dad bought a P3P an ...

To my knowledge, most of our dealers are not authorized to handle camera issues, which means they will send the item to DJI for repair after you give it to them. Besides, if you contact DJI directly for repair, normally our turn-around time is around 2 weeks. 捕获.JPG
2016-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules