Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

New Tool in the arsenal. Arrived today.
Putting it through the paces now.
Overall first impressions are good. Well designed and fabricated.
The main objective is to charge up to 4 batteries, PLUS, it can also charge the 2 RCs and 2 ipod at the same time.
Plus the deep cycle feature was the deal maker.
More after I use it a few days...............

Smart Powercharge

Smart Powercharge
2016-5-9
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

I have been using it for a while and couldn't be happier.
Nice purchase.
2016-5-9
Use props
Nigpd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 597677 ft
United Kingdom

Isn't this the discontinued model??  I bought the latest one, which is black
2016-5-9
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

How much are they charging now? (no pun intended)
2016-5-10
Use props
DFWdude4DJI
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1505531 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just got mine (the latest version in black) that matches my black inspire batteries. I absolutely love mine. Charges up really well and no need to wait for one battery at a time. I can't wait until they make one for the Phantom 4.
2016-5-10
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Take one of your fully charged packs from this charger and then connect it to the stock charger. Report back..
2016-5-10
Use props
Nigpd
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2016-5-10 22:07
Take one of your fully charged packs from this charger and then connect it to the stock charger. Rep ...

why would you be asking for this to be done?
2016-5-10
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Does this charge them all at once or like the DJI hub,  One at a time ?
Very smart to have all your pack numbered as well, I do the same......GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE !

Also How much do these run?

Thanks - donnie
2016-5-11
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
  • >>>

This will charge 4 TB47 or TB48 (or a mix thereof), 2 RCs and 2 ipads (or android) all at the same time.
Not in succession like the DJI hub.
Plus the deep cycle feature is awesome. Run your battery down to 30% (or below) insert it and the unit discharges the remainder then charges it.
You can do the deep cycle on any or all bays independent of the others.

I number by batteries plus my FAA reg number is on them along with my phone number. Per the FAA regs, reg number need not be on the outside of the craft, so long as it can be accessed without the use of tools.
2016-5-11
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
  • >>>

Donnie Posted at 2016-5-11 21:41
Does this charge them all at once or like the DJI hub,  One at a time ?
Very smart to have all your  ...

They sell for $499.95 plus shipping. Not cheap but I feel worth it in the longrun. Click Here for Info.
They must be selling well because last week on their site it indicated that they had 48 in stock. Today - Zero.
I got mine for a little less on eBay. Brand new in sealed box.
To accomplish the same task, you would need 4 DJI chargers plus 2 for mobile device(s) and that would not do the RCs. Plus, no deep cycle.....

2016-5-11
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2016-5-11 08:57
This will charge 4 TB47 or TB48 (or a mix thereof), 2 RCs and 2 ipads (or android) all at the same t ...

And all for the low low price of...................?

I know its rude to ask but what the hell....

donnie
2016-5-11
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
  • >>>

Aeromirage Posted at 2016-5-11 22:04
They sell for $499.95 plus shipping. Not cheap but I feel worth it in the longrun. Click Here f ...

http://www.smartpowercharge.com/proddetail.php?prod=SPCM100
2016-5-11
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Of course I click on the link and the music bout had me pee myself.........thanks for the  link mate !

Cheers -donnie

Now I must excuse meself and change me boxers......
2016-5-11
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
  • >>>

Have had this for over 2 weeks now and am glad to report there have been no problems whatever with it. I have enough confidence in it that I have sold off my DJI chargers.
So nice to be able to charge everything at the same time. It does take a tiny bit longer to charge a battery than the 100 watt DJI charged did, but I'm OK with that. Bearing in mind that 4 can be done at once, that is insignificant, since charging 4 with the stock charger would take 4 cycles.
I especially like the deep cycle feature.  I fly batteries down to about 15% then deep cycle them. Simple.
Build quality is impeccable. I am curious to know what differences there are between this model and the newer black model. There is nothing on their website indicating any design mods, and they even show this model in the tacky little video.
The only flaw I can find is the illustration that comes in the instructions shows inserting the batteries backwards!

bassackwards

bassackwards
2016-5-26
Use props
Nigpd
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I don't think there is any difference.  I think they had two almost identical models going, one for the Inspire and one for the Matrice and just decided to drop the Inspire version and keep the Matrice version for both.

I contacted them recently regarding the rumours about a firmware update that would provide a discharge down to storage levels (50%).  They said it was in beta testing, but nothing has been forthcoming so far

2016-5-26
Use props
ayrshireuav
lvl.3
Flight distance : 957297 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

been using mine (black model) since last year.  Love it.  Easy to use, Much more organised and far better than the dji one at a time one.  Why did the dji moderator ask you to connect them to their charger afterwards?
2016-5-26
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
  • >>>

ayrshireuav Posted at 2016-5-27 04:49
been using mine (black model) since last year.  Love it.  Easy to use, Much more organised and far b ...

I have no clue why they asked that. Someone else chimed in and asked why to which there was no reply.
When I put the charged batteries in the bird they read as 100% charged.
2016-5-26
Use props
ayrshireuav
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Exactly like mine.  I have the smart charger travel usb connector too.  It plugs into the Inspire battery and lets you charge iPads etc in the field using the inspire battery.  Great for emergencies etc.  Also great for camping.  take the inspire battery fully charged and use it to power phone, light, radio.  happy days.
smart-powercharge-adapter-pre-nabijanie-z-usb-xtreme.sk-bratislava-1-200x200.jpg
2016-5-26
Use props
ayrshireuav
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

this was the only image i could find on google.
2016-5-26
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have had mine for about one year and it works great. There are many threads from the past on this subject and most all show glowing reports.

Donnie, yes all four batteries charge at the same time plus 2 remotes and 2 iPads. the power supply handles everything quite well and highly recommend this product with great customer service too.

Rich
2016-5-26
Use props
dickfantastic
New
Flight distance : 584829 ft
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2016-5-26 14:54
I have no clue why they asked that. Someone else chimed in and asked why to which there was no rep ...

I assume its because they want to see if the aftermarket charger balanced the cells all the way up to 100%, but this is a silly way to check that.  Really the only reliable way is the DJI go ap, and since all the smart functions are built into the battery itself and the stock DJI charger just supplies a charging voltage, there should be no reason to doubt the new charger's abilities.  

This looks like an awesome unit for 500, I kind of went a different route with a DIY mobile charger so I can charge on the go. Had a couple of lawn tractor batteries so I built a box for them, hooked up to a 800 watt power inverter so I can charge in the field.  It basically has about half the capability of this as far as charging, 2 batteries and one pad at a time, but I can expand it.  Really like the auto deep cycle feature on this though, that could be handy.  And I'm sure yours is way lighter lol.  
2016-8-4
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I have been using mine for a year without any problems.... Love this thing. I am surprised that Donnie did not know about the SPC after all this time. We have posted it in many threads.

Glad you have one and I see that it is the same color as mine (old style) Richie of SPC told me that they will be able to release firmware to keep your charger up to date if it becomes necessary.

Rich
2016-8-4
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1997861 ft
Canada

I just got mine today (black) version. Awesome product so far! Question... how can I put the batteries in storage mode?
2017-8-3
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cabralkev Posted at 2017-8-3 11:49
I just got mine today (black) version. Awesome product so far!  Question... how can I put the batteries in storage mode?

As far as I know, you need to get the beta FW from the engineer that resides on their Facebook page. I do not have storage ability on my charger, but it would be nice to have. Remember discharge takes a very long time to cycle the batteries, so be sure to drain them down to 10% using the Inspire 1 first.

Rich
2017-8-3
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-8-3 13:12
As far as I know, you need to get the beta FW from the engineer that resides on their Facebook page. I do not have storage ability on my charger, but it would be nice to have. Remember discharge takes a very long time to cycle the batteries, so be sure to drain them down to 10% using the Inspire 1 first.

Rich

I'll check their Facebook page right now Yeah I have learned the hard way. I have all 4 TB48 batteries deep cycling as we speak. It's taking some time... I figured to cycle all 4 so it's brought down to the proper voltage and charged back up to the proper voltage. I've been waiting an hour and a half so far as it's draining lol. So far it's at 24.7v for all 4 batts
2017-8-3
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

Actually, what's their FB page? Each time I click the FB icon on their website, it doesn't bring me to their page :S
2017-8-3
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cabralkev Posted at 2017-8-3 13:44
Actually, what's their FB page? Each time I click the FB icon on their website, it doesn't bring me to their page :S

So, my bad.... it has been awhile since I was looking at this.

Look up the consulting engineer Lynh Phan for Smart Power Products on Facebook group.

I hope you can find him okay, just send him a message on the Facebook group  copied from his email :  ""The beta FW gives the option of storage mode and is managed only via FB group.""  

Rich
2017-8-3
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

Just spoke to Lynh Phan. Very helpful guy. I showed him the charger I have and he said the black version I have has the latest firmware. Then sent me an image showing me how to activate storage mode. I also asked him some other questions not related to the charger and he hasn't responded. He's a busy man I bet He must get lots of people contacting him
2017-8-3
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

Here's how to activate storage mode
received_10212276571481950.jpeg
2017-8-3
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cabralkev Posted at 2017-8-3 16:56
Just spoke to Lynh Phan. Very helpful guy. I showed him the charger I have and he said the black version I have has the latest firmware. Then sent me an image showing me how to activate storage mode. I also asked him some other questions not related to the charger and he hasn't responded. He's a busy man I bet  He must get lots of people contacting him

Great, as you can see from the date on this thread, my SPC was one of the first preorder units and will not have this feature. Looks like you are all set now and I agree that Lynh is a busy guy.

All the best
Rich
2017-8-3
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

Ya he's one budy dude lol. Actually... that photo he sent me with the instructions to activate storage mode doesn't work. After troubleshooting... I found when you hold down the deep cycle button, the red LED flashes red 3 times. That is actually storage mode. In the quick guide that came with the charger, it says to hold down deep cycle button and that will activate deep cycle mode. Which is wrong lol. When you press the deep cycle button once, it stays a solid red. Once you pop a battery in, it starts the deep cycle. And this time, the red LED flashes slow. I think SPC needs to update their quick guide. I assume this charger has come a long way lol
2017-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules