I hit 100 kmh and wow.
1710 19 2016-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
leanlinao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1495906 ft
Philippines

Just wow.  I've never felt this before in the phantom.
I could only imagine what it would be like with goggles, I could experience being a bird.
2016-5-9
Use props
terrylewis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

2016-5-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice, just make sure if you do long distance flights. With that wind speed, you want to head out into the wind just in case you get distracted by beautiful scenery and your battery gets too low for you to come home in a headwind.
2016-5-10
Use props
leanlinao
lvl.4
Philippines

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-10 21:57
Nice, just make sure if you do long distance flights. With that wind speed, you want to head out int ...

And also I live in a warm climate right now, going flat out can make the voltage red and temperature high, I just lift the the a bit to regain green voltage. I know if it maintains red voltage which does happen after sometime of full throttle and pitch, it can be dangerous cause the motors can slow down or even turn off...
I wish dji would make a more efficient battery so I could maintain flat out all the time.
2016-5-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

leanlinao Posted at 2016-5-11 09:45
And also I live in a warm climate right now, going flat out can make the voltage red and temperatu ...

No it will not make the motors shut down, it will say Propulsion Output Limited and it will only reduce power to keep your batteries from dipping to low.
What Phantom do you have and what firmware are you on?
2016-5-10
Use props
leanlinao
lvl.4
Philippines

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-11 12:09
No it will not make the motors shut down, it will say Propulsion Output Limited and it will only r ...

I got the inspire and the phantom.. Never had a problem with the phantom though
2016-5-10
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Just get one of these, better than goggles.  I love mine from Hoodmanusa.com   This gives a very Immersive feel and is very comfortable , wont fog up, can wear glassses with it, can  just look up to see the aircraft , alot less money.  125 dollars for mine usa currencery with shipping .

donnie
hman 2.PNG
HMAN 3.PNG
2016-5-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-5-11 20:34
Just get one of these, better than goggles.  I love mine from Hoodmanusa.com   This gives a very Imm ...

I'm jealous man, I want one of those.
2016-5-11
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-11 09:10
I'm jealous man, I want one of those.

Ken , It works great in FULL  SUN , I tried that Day Vue  screen film and  It did not work that  for my needs .

If you fly in sun it is a must have my friend.

donnie
2016-5-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-5-12 01:50
Ken , It works great in FULL  SUN , I tried that Day Vue  screen film and  It did not work that  fo ...

I have the Day Vue and yes, I should have got the Hoodman
2016-5-11
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

Donnie Posted at 2016-5-11 13:34
Just get one of these, better than goggles.  I love mine from Hoodmanusa.com   This gives a very Imm ...

I second the Hoodman set up with the extension....... but not on the stock tablet holder though.
I have it on the Secraft Inspire TX Tray and SE Mobile grip. Couple that with the dual strap harness and you have a nicely balanced set up.

Secraft Inspire TX Tray

Secraft SE Mobile Grip

Secraft Neck Strap - Double
2016-5-12
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Tharg (from the Posted at 2016-5-12 05:09
I second the Hoodman set up with the extension....... but not on the stock tablet holder though.
I  ...

That will be me next investment Tharg !

Cheers from over the pond- donnie
2016-5-12
Use props
noaches232
lvl.2

United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-5-11 08:34

But then you ruin the cool factor of the Inspire! You have this futuristic high-performance aerial camera platform ('drone' sounds too generic...) and a really nice metal remote and you cover it with CANVAS.

Wow.

I bet it works though...
2016-5-12
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

noaches232 Posted at 2016-5-12 12:57
But then you ruin the cool factor of the Inspire! You have this futuristic high-performance aerial ...

Actually It looks pretty cool , like you would see the director looking at the video through the Hoodman, or like you see at NHL or NFL replays.  I am usually sitting down in a chair when I fly like this so I don't get dis- orientated and drop it, then when I can hear it getting close I stand up and fly visually .

I  tell once you use it, it is hard to go back, It gives such a feeling  of flight , it is just awesome.  
****IF you notice in the picture it is in two pieces, you dont have to use the" face mask feature", just the first stage of the hoodman works well for general flying too.

I promise you it will be the best 125 bucks you spend if you want to fly in the day.  I would only flyinthe early morning or late afternoon because of the glare, now I can fly all the time and feel like a bird.
hoodmanusa.com

donnie

2016-5-12
Use props
noaches232
lvl.2

United States

Lol, now I see what you mean.

I will try it...

The glare is pretty extreme, I do agree. I put a matte screen covering over my iPad mini, and it seems to work OK.

2016-5-12
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

noaches232 Posted at 2016-5-12 13:11
Lol, now I see what you mean.

I will try it...

I promise you wont regret it , go to there web-site and check out there stock.  I have mine on the Ipad air.  I ordered the combo kit the HV1 and HV2

My advice would be to get both.

I do not work for Hoodman or get a dime from them for telling folks.  A forum member named GQ told me about them, I had tried 3 other Shades and they were all toys Compared to this, GQ said I would love it and I do.  It is rare when a product works great and I even  mention it, this made flying a  whole lot more fun for me !

*** also notice the "slot " opening for reaching in and making adjustments to Go App screen -  a bit cumbersome for me, I have BIG hands, but for most pilots , it is quite easy.  I dont fiddle with  the screen much  after I start flying, so this is not a biggie for me.  

donnie
2016-5-12
Use props
leanlinao
lvl.4
Philippines

I have a fatshark attitude v2 goggle and I just need to get a av to hdmi converter to conect it with the inspire 1 transmitter
2016-5-12
Use props
dobmatt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

Donnie Posted at 2016-5-11 20:34

Donnie, I've got this Hoodman bottom half only ... I don't know, the extended version looks somehow intimidating, ridiculous IMO, for the lack of better description ... Anyway, it is the best shader on the market, period ... So, I'm thinking how to get possibly the best from what I have and experience this immersion feel of FPV flying. I'm usually sitting with my controller on small folding table and with forehead on top edge of Hoodman. Not perfect fit, but acceptable to get rid of the glare. However, with my standard glasses I'm too close to the screen, therefore I'm considering extra pair of special glasses for this purpose and perhaps modification of hood opening to make better fit around my face. Maybe Hoodman guy will make custom hood for me? This may render the best FPV experience ever, allowing for quick peeks at the sky, who knows?

BTW, with your "sitting" FPV flying style how do you maintain antenna positioning in relation to the bird? Perhaps it doesn't really matter when you fly not too far, not too high and not behind?

Cheers, Brother.
2016-5-12
Use props
leanlinao
lvl.4
Philippines

dobmatt Posted at 2016-5-13 13:53
Donnie, I've got this Hoodman bottom half only ... I don't know, the extended version looks someho ...

He can adjust the angle of the mount but only to a certain extent. The best still comes from goggles and it also has telematry that is like fighter jet telematry which shows the angle of the quadcopter. Now I don't know if you can overturn and flip the inspire when it's going too fast left or right with high winds but the fighter jet-like telematry can help with that if your quad angles too much.
2016-5-13
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

dobmatt Posted at 2016-5-13 00:53
Donnie, I've got this Hoodman bottom half only ... I don't know, the extended version looks someho ...

Dobie, I just adjust my sitting position to keep antenna orientation ,  no big deal,  You wont look ridiculous brother trust me,  If you already have your head buried in the Hoodman original. Just get the other half, trust me, you will look like a STAR !!

And to  be honest, I dont care what other people think, I am to old for that now !!

I wear glasses too, what i do is just slip my glasses On when the aircraft gets closer, if you  are you Nearsighted Like me, this works fine.

Also  I fly very far  away, I just keep the antenna pointed in that general direction and do fine ! My record is just under 16,000 feet.  I have the windsurfer antenna and I did the 32 channel Upgrade .

Have fun, donnie

2016-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules