Osmo with X5 HDMI output
9753 14 2016-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
info38
lvl.1

Hi
When released, I am wanting to use a shogun inferno https://www.atomos.com/inferno/ as my display monitor to use with the Osmo with X5 combo. Is this possible as I would need to connect it via an HDMI?

Thanks

2016-5-9
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi,
Presently, the Osmo doesn't support HDMI output. You may need to find a compatible mobile device.
In the future, our engineers may try to display the live feed in a dual-mobile device mode.

Thanks for your inquiry.
2016-5-9
Use props
info38
lvl.1

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-10 15:37
Hi,
Presently, the Osmo doesn't support HDMI output. You may need to find a compatible mobile device ...

Thats really disappointing. Thing thing costs an arm and a leg and you cant even implement something as simple as an HDMI in this day and age? I could understand not having an SDI but HDMI, really?
2016-5-10
Use props
info38
lvl.1

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-10 15:37
Hi,
Presently, the Osmo doesn't support HDMI output. You may need to find a compatible mobile device ...

Thats really disappointing. Thing thing costs an arm and a leg and you cant even implement something as simple as an HDMI in this day and age? I could understand not having an SDI but HDMI, really?
2016-5-10
Use props
info38
lvl.1
South Africa

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-10 09:37
Hi,

Secondly a phone option isnt valid, because any MHL USB to HDMI port requires a wall power supply, totally defeats the purpose of the selling point of this setup, which is to be mobile.
2016-5-10
Use props
info38
lvl.1
South Africa

info38 Posted at 2016-5-10 11:32
Thats really disappointing. Thing thing costs an arm and a leg and you cant even implement somethi ...

this forum is broken i pressed reply and pop up doesnt go away yet it posts my topic each time whithou me seeing it
2016-5-10
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

info38 Posted at 2016-5-10 17:40
this forum is broken i pressed reply and pop up doesnt go away yet it posts my topic each time whi ...

Sorry! It might be the Internet problem...
2016-5-10
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

info38 Posted at 2016-5-10 17:32
Thats really disappointing. Thing thing costs an arm and a leg and you cant even implement somethi ...

Thanks for the information!
Our engineers will take consideration thoroughly based on all of our users's expectation.
2016-5-10
Use props
frank
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-10 19:57
Thanks for the information!
Our engineers will take consideration thoroughly based on al ...

Hi there,

I would love to know if DJI is planning on adding in lightbridge capabilities into the OSMO.
They did such a great job with the inspire1 and in my field with live events wires or pre-recording sometimes are not an option.
2016-5-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

frank@gettingth Posted at 2016-5-18 23:49
Hi there,

I would love to know if DJI is planning on adding in lightbridge capabilities into the  ...

Hello!
Thanks for your concern.
I'm afraid it won't be available in the near future IMHO.

Any other suggestion or feedback would be appreciated.

2016-5-18
Use props
andi.axisfilm
New
Flight distance : 127667 ft
Austria

Hi!

Please, please, please add a HDMI output in the next release of the OSMO!

THX!
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

andi.axisfilm Posted at 2016-11-2 11:46
Hi!

Please, please, please add a HDMI output in the next release of the OSMO!

Thank for you your suggestion.
2016-11-3
Use props
ROGAT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62064 ft
Australia

info38 Posted at 2016-5-10 01:32

Secondly a phone option isnt valid, because any MHL USB to HDMI port requires a wall power supply, totally defeats the purpose of the selling point of this setup, which is to be mobile. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj8UtE8_cUY

Yeah, it would be nice if they did something about this problem but then again DJI will be thinking oh how do we make money out of something like this? because that is the bottom line with them, they really don't care about the customers they make it perfectly clear by the way the gough and value add every single little thing they sell to you, it's actually criminal almost the way they go about it.

A perfect example is,  have just bought the DJI follow focus because I have also bought the X5R, total price for those 2 items somewhere around the $8500.00 Australian mark, so then I want to use it with my Inspire or Osmo .....gee really well you have to buy the cables then !! around another $200.00 ohh what you want to mount the Follow Focus to your slave remote ?? silly man ! oh well ok here is a mounting bracket for that $269.00 thanks very much, oh by the way you will need some special screws to mount the new mount to the remote control, wait for it...........another $50.00 !!!  WTF ?????  just unbelievable
2017-2-23
Use props
Sky1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1042051 ft
Hungary

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-11-3 01:20
Thank for you your suggestion.

Hi all!

I do think, that the Osmo wasn´t planned for such possibilities. But YES, I am using the Osmo as a B-camera on professional shoot, even though the recording BIT rate does not meet the expectations but are necessary to record the minimum in h264.

The next days I will have a filming for TV where the possibilities of using my ronin are not good, so we decided to use the Osmo Pro instead. That will meet the requirements and the possibilities on set.

The biggest problem is having the director see the picture, but having the Osmo with the X5 is not giving any possibilities... That is very bad and hopefully there will be HDSDI or HDMI output in the future, like for my P3, P4 and I2....

For the next shoot we will try the "livestreaming function" to solve the problem, but this requires an extra cellular connection to have the director access YT...

Please DJI, try to solve this issue. You are inventing so many great devices, not only for simple users but for professionals. So please add this function asap!

I am owning already most of my used equipment from DJI, for live broadcast to film shoots. Make it versitile, usable and give us the possibility to really have you as an equipment gamer in our industry!

Having ATOMOS equipment is great and gives us the possiblity to record in ProRes, DNxHD or RAW!!! With this, all your compressed h264 or h265 is a thing of the past!!! Let us take the best of your equipment and update your products.

Thank you
if you have any questions of what to improve, please give me a call or get in contact...

2018-4-19
Use props
djiuser_LXpmAFl2XZi9
New

Spain

Hello, interesting this thread, I am also interested, I have the same doubt that the colleague asks about Osmo with X5 HDMI output. Greetings.
2018-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules