Phantom 4 Gimbal noise at startup
4045 16 2016-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
webdma
lvl.1

Israel

Hi, I decided to post my thread here too becouse "issue" title is more suitable...
the original thread:  http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=52058&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D368%26typeid%3D368

Hi,
I bought my Phantom 4 a week ago, after the first flight about 14 minutes, has appeared a strange noise from gimbal at startup.

Video of my P4 issue:

Other links that i found on youtube and other sites about this issue:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-46312-1-1.html

http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/phantom-4-gimbal-noise-at-startup.76578/

Why not all P4 have this noise, and the question of how it will affect after long-term use, because at the moment all those who say "do not worry, the camera is working properly" really use the P4 just one month...is especially alarming that gimbal+camera warranty only 6 months.

I would like to hear officially DJI opinion on this issue!?!

2016-5-10
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello webdma, this noise doesn't influence the normal operation of the camera and it doesn't have any effect on long-term use.
2016-5-10
Use props
bryanmones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1234 ft

is this normal?
2016-5-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

bryanmones Posted at 2016-5-12 13:52
is this normal? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUEjABTep3o

There can be a light clicking sound coming from the servos when moved like that. Just to clarify, was the audio enhanced to pick up the sound? Do you notice any performance issues coming from the gimbal or camera when everything is turned on?
2016-5-12
Use props
bryanmones
lvl.2

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-5-12 08:33
There can be a light clicking sound coming from the servos when moved like that. Just to clarify,  ...

do you hear it? the phantom 4 was turned off. everytime i turn the gimbal up and down. it makes that clicking sound. is that normal? i havent tested yet
2016-5-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

bryanmones Posted at 2016-5-13 03:31
do you hear it? the phantom 4 was turned off. everytime i turn the gimbal up and down. it makes th ...

I can hear it from your video, but I'm wondering the camera your using may be making the sound louder than it is. Is it so loud that you can hear it from a distance, or do you have to place your ear close to the gimbal like where the camera is?

Otherwise, the clicking sound you hear is normal. What you're essentially hearing are the magnets along inner edges of the gimbal motors when you're moving the camera. I would definitely ensure that the camera works fine when it's turn on and connected to the DJI Go app as a standard procedure. Other than that, I believe you're good to go.
2016-5-12
Use props
bryanmones
lvl.2

Yea but the previous phantom 4 doesnt have that clicking sound i will post another video
2016-5-12
Use props
bryanmones
lvl.2

This is the video.

https://youtu.be/dpSvUrGHgqo
2016-5-12
Use props
bryanmones
lvl.2

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-5-13 06:15
I can hear it from your video, but I'm wondering the camera your using may be making the sound lou ...

this is the video.

2016-5-12
Use props
webdma
lvl.1

Israel

I have the same noise when phantom is off, and yes camera and gimbal works fine, but the strange thing is that the other phantoms 4 not make this noise, i decided to live with this (i have no choose).
Think about it, if DJI recognize that this is a problem, how much money it will cost to solve the problem of all usres ...
I advise everyone who has this noise, save this conversation in which the representative DJI says: "this noise doesn't influence the normal operation of the camera and it doesn't have any effect on long-term use."
2016-5-12
Use props
bryanmones
lvl.2

webdma Posted at 2016-5-12 18:46
I have the same noise when phantom is off, and yes camera and gimbal works fine, but the strange th ...

your drone works good though? no problem such as tilted horizon? dropping altitude? etc.? any other problems you encounter?
2016-5-12
Use props
webdma
lvl.1

Israel

bryanmones Posted at 2016-5-13 10:27
your drone works good though? no problem such as tilted horizon? dropping altitude? etc.? any othe ...

I was flying only 4 times, and have not noticed the problems, there is an tilted horizon  a little yes, but it can be calibrated inside DJI GO, no ?
2016-5-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

webdma Posted at 2016-5-14 15:34
I was flying only 4 times, and have not noticed the problems, there is an tilted horizon  a little ...

That is correct. You can make roll adjustments in the Gimbal section of the DJI Go app. You can also attempt an IMU calibration, then a Gimbal Auto Calibration in order to address most leveling issues.
2016-5-16
Use props
webdma
lvl.1

Israel

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-5-16 17:44
That is correct. You can make roll adjustments in the Gimbal section of the DJI Go app. You can al ...

Regarding my main question (gimbal noise), what about this :     ? is it true ?
2016-5-18
Use props
thanostc
lvl.2
Singapore

Mine makes the startup noise too.. If it is nothing to worry about, can any of Dji representatives explain what is causing that noise?Why not all of P4 make that sound?Is something that can be corrected with future firmware?Please just make an official response for that issue!
2016-5-25
Use props
webdma
lvl.1

Israel

Thanks to all comments, the issue is solved in new (v1.1.410) firmware !!!
2016-6-7
Use props
webdma
lvl.1

Israel

After firmware update:

2016-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules