Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Weak transmission signal Phantom 4
123Next >
31686 92 2016-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkyScape Media
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1653235 ft
United Kingdom

I've started my Phatom 4 today and its saying weak transmission signal consitantly. There is no video feed from the camera but it will take pictures.

Any ideas?
2016-5-10
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello, please check the transmitting channel condition. If it shows strong interference, please try to test it in other environment.
2016-5-10
Use props
edwarddrreyes
lvl.1

Philippines

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-10 18:39
Hello, please check the transmitting channel condition. If it shows strong interference, please try  ...

Im also having this kind of problem a bit different.
I just updated my p4 into latest fw. After some fresh imu and compass calibration, i did some flights. After 2 min into flight.. I got this green and black thing on my screen, also saying weak signal transmission. Im only 20 ft away from the p4.
2016-6-16
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

edwarddrreyes Posted at 2016-6-16 20:31
Im also having this kind of problem a bit different.
I just updated my p4 into latest fw. After so ...

What kind of mobile device do you use and what's the app's version?
2016-6-17
Use props
roguearielphoto
New
Flight distance : 165617 ft

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-18 10:25
What kind of mobile device do you use and what's the app's version?

I am as well having the same issues. I had to cancel a job today. I use the iPad Pro 9.7inch 250gb. I have not updated the version to latest because there are reports the update is destroying the iPad.  But my p4 is updated.
2016-6-17
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

roguearielphoto Posted at 2016-6-18 11:19
I am as well having the same issues. I had to cancel a job today. I use the iPad Pro 9.7inch 250gb ...

What's your DJI Go app's version? Have you tried different devices since the ipad pro 9.7 could not be upgraded now?
2016-6-17
Use props
g_brian_edwards
New

United States

I am having the same issue. Half of a green screen. Then black. Then nothing. Called DJI and they had me reboot and download different versions on the P4. Had me change to custom channels instead of auto.
Nothing has worked. Anyone have a fix?  I bought the P3 4K only wanting to fly further. Now with the P4 my image transmission is terrible.

Not one channel even shows green for more than a second. Is all this normal?
2016-7-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

g_brian_edwards Posted at 2016-7-19 00:56
I am having the same issue. Half of a green screen. Then black. Then nothing. Called DJI and they ha ...

What device are you using?
have you tried a different device?
Can you take the aircraft outside and take a screenshot of the HD page standing 20ft or so away from it.
2016-7-18
Use props
g_brian_edwards
New

United States

Hey Ken. Here's a few screen shots of what's going on. It's terrible.

Is it normal to never see green in the channels?
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
2016-7-18
Use props
g_brian_edwards
New

United States

I am using my phone. iPhone 5
2016-7-18
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1064780 ft
United Kingdom

Exactly the same problem with my P4 since latest update, mine has phases of being ok, today I flew 300mtrs up amd 300mtrs away with no problems, that was in the middle of a field with nothing around, it seems to come back with the bad transmision and green bars and loss of picture if near civalisation ?
2016-7-18
Use props
joopers
lvl.1

United States

I am having the same issue. Picture on Ipad Mini looks horrible, green, grey and black lines. Tried updating everything same thing. No problems with distance or video on card, just video on device during flight. Tech support was no help. Is there anyone using a device that works well?? if so what device?? THANKS!!!
2016-7-18
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1064780 ft
United Kingdom

It's not the device, mine was perfect until I done the last firmware update, dji need to sort the problem out
2016-7-19
Use props
g_brian_edwards
New

United States

FYI!!!'  I went into iTunes with Charles Proxy and downloaded a previous version ad the dji go app. So far flights have less glitch.
It's still a disappointment from the P3 to the P4 but certainly happier.  

2016-7-19
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I did the same from 2.8.2 back to 2.8.1. (2.8.2 was very bad).

I have since upgraded to 2.8.4 and although it is not as good as 2.8.1, I can live with it.

My iphone 5 works great with P3, but it wont work with P4. I use my iphone 6P with the P4, since it has more processing power.
Make sure your device is fully charged, and no other apps are running in the background.

I think it is a combination of a P4 video issue, as well as, the device you use. A better device masks out/cancels the P4 video latency issue.
2016-7-19
Use props
fans3873f583
lvl.1
Australia

Wish I had the answer too! My Phantom 4 is a week old with the latest firmware and I am getting weak transmission signal messages and the aircraft is 40 feet away! Its recording video and still shots no problem and there are no obstructions between myself and the Phantom. Having spent $2000 on this I am feeling fairly disenchanted having to look for a fix so soon!!!
2016-11-19
Use props
BE-McCormack
New
United States

fans3873f583 Posted at 2016-11-19 13:46
Wish I had the answer too! My Phantom 4 is a week old with the latest firmware and I am getting weak ...

Same thing here. Weak video signal, black and half green screen and controller disconnects constantly. Happens all the time, even when the bird is only 50ft away. Hard to trust much when flying.
2016-11-19
Use props
jklimowicz-sp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2847083 ft
United States

I also having same issues with the poor transmission issues ... seems like they really started after the last firmware upgrade? All same issues black screen... green screen.... then totally losses signal and then returns to home ... VERY FRUSTRATING....
2016-11-20
Use props
fanse63d7883
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5539019 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Buy 4 pro and good cheer
2016-11-20
Use props
Sky Mike
lvl.3
Flight distance : 357503 ft
United Kingdom

I went out with mine all updated started djo go app and i was going out to sea straight line zero crap in my way, go app goto around 3000ft before total disconnection!! i come back and flew around a bit more use that battery up constant signal weak transmission issues........

so i changed battery and this time i used the litchi app, straight out to sea again 16000ft no problems and around 67ft altitude same as the go app apart from 13kft less........big difference

both tests was done on the shield k1

so my conclusion is POS DJI Go app plain and simple

lets break the p4 so all the idiots will buy the p4p, dont tell me no, thats exactly how it feels

HARDWARE GREAT SOFTWARE IS COMPLETE POS, out source it let people "who know what there doing build it" its clear every update there is a complete and utter F%$£up and dji do jack about it

2016-11-20
Use props
dawidm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2171801 ft
  • >>>
Poland

5:55 minute
iOS 10.1.1
DJI GO 3.1.0 - iPad Air2
Phantom 4 - 1.2.602

I flew once in this place more than two kilometers...

2016-11-20
Use props
Insomniak2
New

United States

I am having an issue too
2017-1-17
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Insomniak2 Posted at 2017-1-17 17:17
I am having an issue too

If you expect help with this, then it might be a good idea to post some details.
2017-1-17
Use props
lvl.1

Indonesia

g_brian_edwards Posted at 2016-7-18 12:01

have you try to change your tranmission mode to auto?
2017-1-17
Use props
lvl.1

Indonesia

joopers Posted at 2016-7-18 21:32
I am having the same issue. Picture on Ipad Mini looks horrible, green, grey and black lines. Tried updating everything same thing. No problems with distance or video on card, just video on device during flight. Tech support was no help. Is there anyone using a device that works well?? if so what device?? THANKS!!!

i'm using iphone 6s+ since beginning till now no issue at all.

hence you may follow my pre flight preparation :
1. close all application from my phone
2. set my phone to airplane mode
2017-1-17
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

@putrawhisnu Posted at 2017-1-17 17:58
i'm using iphone 6s+ since beginning till now no issue at all.

hence you may follow my pre flight preparation :

You are posting to a zombie thread, most likely the people who took part during July last year are no longer on this forum.
2017-1-17
Use props
Mustang1
New
Flight distance : 1014491 ft
United States

I am having problem too. 1300 foot range is far from the advertised 3 miles.
2017-1-18
Use props
C. Dave Pappas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 223468 ft
United States

Ok, I noticed the same thing when I bought my P4. I could get out to 1200' to 1500' and then start having major signal issues. I bought the signal reflectors from Best Buy, but that didn't seem to help much at all. I always fly out in front of my house, either straight out or off to the left or the right. It didn't matter. Well, as you can imagine, 30 to 40 flights later after trying several different things, I'm getting rather upset because if I remember correctley, Dji advertises 4 miles! So, I decided lets have a look out back behind my house. Well, behind my house is a valley, not much in elevation change, maybe 75 to 100'. But, I can fly straight out behind my house over the valley and I don't reach the other side until about 6,000 to 7,000' away which is about the same elevation from my house. I can fly the entire 7,000 feet out and back without signal loss. So, your enviroment does play a huge factor in distance. Trees, shadows from trees, buildings, wifi signals and density in your area, and terrain. If you can, find a wide open area that has line of sight visibility for 5,000 to 10,000' or more. You will most likely retain your signal the whole way too. One other thing I can add, I did the 32 channel mod. It only works for the video signal, not the control signal, but using the higher channels does improve the video quality.
2017-1-23
Use props
Quamera
lvl.2
Australia

C. Dave Pappas Posted at 2017-1-23 17:22
Ok, I noticed the same thing when I bought my P4. I could get out to 1200' to 1500' and then start having major signal issues. I bought the signal reflectors from Best Buy, but that didn't seem to help much at all. I always fly out in front of my house, either straight out or off to the left or the right. It didn't matter. Well, as you can imagine, 30 to 40 flights later after trying several different things, I'm getting rather upset because if I remember correctley, Dji advertises 4 miles! So, I decided lets have a look out back behind my house. Well, behind my house is a valley, not much in elevation change, maybe 75 to 100'. But, I can fly straight out behind my house over the valley and I don't reach the other side until about 6,000 to 7,000' away which is about the same elevation from my house. I can fly the entire 7,000 feet out and back without signal loss. So, your enviroment does play a huge factor in distance. Trees, shadows from trees, buildings, wifi signals and density in your area, and terrain. If you can, find a wide open area that has line of sight visibility for 5,000 to 10,000' or more. You will most likely retain your signal the whole way too. One other thing I can add, I did the 32 channel mod. It only works for the video signal, not the control signal, but using the higher channels does improve the video quality.

Helpful post Dave, we have no electronic interference on a rural property but trees reduce the useful range of my P4 from thousands of metres to just hundreds so I am learning to work with that. So long as there is an area of treeless land in front of the remote I can go out over a kilometer but I do like to stand under a shady tree to see my device more clearly and that can affect range as well. Ideally I would set up the operating area on the side of a hill or valley for some extra range but we are almost perfectly flat and I don't have that option here.
2017-1-23
Use props
Quamera
lvl.2
Australia

C. Dave Pappas Posted at 2017-1-23 17:22

Because my memory is nothing to be proud of I did check DJIs claimed range for the P4 and found it is 3.1 miles or 5 km unobstructed and free of interference. Obviously that is rare in the real world but there are some unmodified Phantom 4s out there (in distance record land) that have actually gone a fair bit further that and made it home again so it can be done.
2017-1-23
Use props
Odan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182913 ft
United States

Before you fly...google cell phone towers in your area.  You may be surprised just how many and where these towers are..  Same can be done for radio towers and other types of
equipment.
Since towers in rural areas can be farther apart,  they sometimes have a higher power output.
If your drone fly's into a tower beam,  it can be like hitting a brick wall.
2017-1-24
Use props
Quamera
lvl.2
Australia

Odan Posted at 2017-1-24 06:51
Before you fly...google cell phone towers in your area.  You may be surprised just how many and where these towers are..  Same can be done for radio towers and other types of
equipment.
Since towers in rural areas can be farther apart,  they sometimes have a higher power output.

Don't need to Google them, there is one 15km away as the crow flies but Telstra (Australian phone company)put the dam thing in a swamp and some ridge country a couple of km away from it blocks the signal in our direction so we don't even have mobile coverage. I can safely say we don't have problems with electronic interference. Now trees, big and small, dead and alive that's a different story.
2017-1-24
Use props
Airflix Jerry
New

Australia

g_brian_edwards Posted at 2016-7-18 12:01

I get the same transmission problems but my photos turn out clear.  I have huge lag as well.  I'm using a Samsung Tab S 8.4.

I've minimized the distortion by changing to 2.8ghz, custom channels and lowing bitrate to 4bps but it's still not acceptable.
2017-2-27
Use props
Sprtbkrydr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3777011 ft
United States

A 4 bitrate setting on the Phantom 4 is a must. All the other settings are useless if you want a clear picture.

2017-2-27
Use props
Malhard
New

Brazil

I have same inssue. Phantom 4 Pro and iPad mini 2. Green lines, black screen, no stable channel.... DJI PLEASE HELP?!
2017-3-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Malhard Posted at 2017-3-5 06:41
I have same inssue. Phantom 4 Pro and iPad mini 2. Green lines, black screen, no stable channel.... DJI PLEASE HELP?!

Just to clarify, is your unit up to date with the latest firmware? Which Go 4 app version are you running? Is this happening right out of the box, or is it after an update or hard landing?
2017-3-5
Use props
Malhard
New

Brazil

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-5 22:15
Just to clarify, is your unit up to date with the latest firmware? Which Go 4 app version are you running? Is this happening right out of the box, or is it after an update or hard landing?

Yes, last firmware.
DJI GO 4 - 4.0.5 (In the previous version I had the same problem).

My phantom is new. I flew only 3 times. The first time I had no problem, the following times I had. The Phantom has not suffered any damage, is in perfect condition.
2017-3-6
Use props
Malhard
New

Brazil

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-5 22:15

Yes, last firmware.
DJI GO 4 - 4.0.5 (In the previous version I had the same problem).

My phantom is new. I flew only 3 times. The first time I had no problem, the following times I had. The Phantom has not suffered any damage, is in perfect condition.
2017-3-6
Use props
matchan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85758 ft
Japan

I also have same issue when using  the HDMI module and installed latest firmware(v1.8).

This issue does not depend on tablet or application version.
I tried with some androids and ios tablets.
This is improved by downgrading the firmware.
I hope this issue fix as soon as possible. I have affeted at my wark.

Please refer to the following.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D368%26typeid%3D368
2017-3-7
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

matchan Posted at 2017-3-7 18:26
I also have same issue when using  the HDMI module and installed latest firmware(v1.8).

This issue does not depend on tablet or application version.

Same here.  When RC updated to 1.80 with mine with the HDMI module, the video is breaking up on a iPad Air 2 which has been rock steady prior and on their recommended list.  Rolled back to 1.60 but it still occasionally breaks up with GO 4.05 too.

Something bad is going on someplace with their software or firmware flashes.  I had GO 4 also crash to a black screen while running it on a Samsung tablet.

Now I see Autopilot and Litchi have released warnings about the latest firmware and not to use their programs in certain modes and point to DJI messing it up.
2017-3-7
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules