Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

knightfoxx Posted at 2018-7-30 08:49
Hi All,

I wanted to update everyone on 2 issues I reported:

With the aircraft more or less directly above you you have the worst possible antenna allignment between the aircraft and the RC, you might be aware, but if not have a look at DJIs video on antenna aignment.

Edit: Channels also best left on auto sellect, lets it change channel if too much noise.

2018-7-30
Use props
Marcy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1229938 ft
Canada

Ok almost same situation tried my Samsung galaxy a5 back up 100% was using my Samsung tablet for 10 months without problem started to notice less video sent away new landing same thing of lost video until I switched to my phone
2018-7-31
Use props
eze.lasvegas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 58914 ft
United States

Just an FYI, I have a new Phantom 4 and use it with an iPad AIR (V1).  Since I live in Vegas, during this time of year, it gets wicked hot.  I noticed that after 15-20 minutes of flying, my Video transmission would become unstable, yet no warnings.  I determined this was being caused by the iPad getting hot.  Put a cold med wrap on it and resolved the problem.  I have also seen that it can cause some interference with the Antenna and thus, put some Farady Tape behind it to make sure the iPad RF was blocked between the Antenna.  Just sharing some OJT Tech Tips.
2018-7-31
Use props
knightfoxx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25571 ft
Malaysia

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-30 13:18
With the aircraft more or less directly above you you have the worst possible antenna allignment between the aircraft and the RC, you might be aware, but if not have a look at DJIs video on antenna aignment.

Edit: Channels also best left on auto sellect, lets it change channel if too much noise.

Thanks for sharing the proper way of flying the drone. But I don't think that's the issue. I begin having distance problem somewhere around end of last year. I hardly use the drone. Right now, with my landing gear replaced (I don't think it is antenna issue either). But I'm having huge suspicion on my remote controller. Please refer here for someone having similar issue like mine and after replacing the remote controller, the distance issue is fixed.

It will take me sometime to report back whether that will solve the issue I'm facing as I don't exactly have a spare controller around to link with the P4. I'll try to check with service center on possible options.
2018-8-1
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

knightfoxx Posted at 2018-8-1 08:40
Thanks for sharing the proper way of flying the drone. But I don't think that's the issue. I begin having distance problem somewhere around end of last year. I hardly use the drone. Right now, with my landing gear replaced (I don't think it is antenna issue either). But I'm having huge suspicion on my remote controller. Please refer here for someone having similar issue like mine and after replacing the remote controller, the distance issue is fixed.

It will take me sometime to report back whether that will solve the issue I'm facing as I don't exactly have a spare controller around to link with the P4. I'll try to check with service center on possible options.

Presumably you've tried a relink that on its own can sometimes sort out transmission problems.
2018-8-1
Use props
Marcy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1229938 ft
Canada

knightfoxx Posted at 2018-8-1 08:40
Thanks for sharing the proper way of flying the drone. But I don't think that's the issue. I begin having distance problem somewhere around end of last year. I hardly use the drone. Right now, with my landing gear replaced (I don't think it is antenna issue either). But I'm having huge suspicion on my remote controller. Please refer here for someone having similar issue like mine and after replacing the remote controller, the distance issue is fixed.

It will take me sometime to report back whether that will solve the issue I'm facing as I don't exactly have a spare controller around to link with the P4. I'll try to check with service center on possible options.

Did you try different viewing device
2018-8-1
Use props
knightfoxx
lvl.2
Malaysia

Marcy Posted at 2018-8-1 11:21
Did you try different viewing device

it's the same whether I'm using iPhone 7 plus or Galaxy Note 8... same distance issue (weak remote controller signal)… I'll attempt to relink the remote controller with drone and try tomorrow.. Doubt it will help. But it's worth the try.
2018-8-4
Use props
knightfoxx
lvl.2
Malaysia

knightfoxx Posted at 2018-8-4 07:53
it's the same whether I'm using iPhone 7 plus or Galaxy Note 8... same distance issue (weak remote controller signal)… I'll attempt to relink the remote controller with drone and try tomorrow.. Doubt it will help. But it's worth the try.

I just relink the remote control and the P4 drone. Tried flying it and I still faced the weak remote issue. I turned off my WiFi and Bluetooth of my Galaxy Note 8 just to ensure no interference from my own phone.

• Height > 110m (weak remote and lost signal)
  • Distance > 110m (weak remote and lost signal)

Sigh... this is getting so frustrating. I don't have such issue with Mavic Pro.

Next experiment... a really clear non-urban field to test the drone. If I still faced the same issue.... then I'm lost.
2018-8-9
Use props
knightfoxx
lvl.2
Malaysia

I finally gotten hold of a 2nd hand remote controller for my P4. I confirmed that the issue I faced with my existing remote controller is not present on the 2nd hand unit. The distance issue is no longer an issue. Now, I'm left with a physical perfect condition remote controller wondering what went wrong. After tremendous hours of troubleshooting, it all boils down to the damn physical remote controller itself. I'm really wondering whether remote controller have a life span? What did my hardly used P4 remote controller suffers the range issue (not seen before when I purchased it).
2018-9-14
Use props
djiuser_OURkOWhsdyyt
New

Cambodia

Hey guys thank for letting me join the group. my phantom 4 advance has just come up with the same issue.
Im guessing its a update error as my done is a few years old and had no issues with it prior I dont get to use it as much as I would like as I'm away alot anyhow just got back after 6 month working decided to fly my drone however it needed to update all the software so I let it go ahead and do it. After which I took it for a fly only to find it is loosing transmission signal. It had never done this before until after the updates even straight up at around 80 metres it starts. I am still flying in same area nothing has changed same device has anyone solved this problem yet ?
I used to love this drone but now its useless like this.
2021-1-16
Use props
drone ap
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24295 ft
Cyprus

I fly my dji phantom 4 pro plus and if i go 300m distance the cantoller his weak
2021-9-17
Use props
aNiceDJIuser
lvl.1

United States

It was the app. Stop using DJI go or whatever DJI app. Use Litchi. Back to normal distance range.

Tip jar:
https://paypal.me/planetarchitect?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US
2022-7-8
Use props
djiuser_k6IcZOQoYNa4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14948 ft

Greece

Good evening, I have a phantom 4 pro, when I turn it off after 10 meters it lags and loses the image while I have a full signal
2022-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules