DJI no flyzones are wrong and misleading.
778 8 2016-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
news
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1607267 ft
Spain

The DJI no fly zones in my area show around the local airport and 2 statdiums as being no fly zones.

However upon further investigation with the airport air traffic control a huge area of around 100kms by 20kms is in fact the nofly zone is from zero feet up.

I would like to email / talk to someone at DJI about this specifically rather than an open forum discussion.

I now have a large paperweight.

2016-5-10
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello, it is appreciated that you can tell us the exact location here. What's more, where do you get the NFZ info in this case, from DJI GO or http://www.dji.com/flysafe/no-fly ?
2016-5-10
Use props
news
lvl.3
Spain

It was from an offical source but want to look at this in more detail as per other poster advice.

2016-5-10
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

DJI NFZ has nothing to the reality. Before each flight you just need to check local airspace and get necessary permissions.

DO NOT TELL DJI where you have local restricted zone, because they will lock it and a persons who HAVE PERMISSIONS will be UNALBE to do their job.

There are a lot of places with P/R/D/CTR airspaces but it is only a matter of a permission to fly in them. DJI is locking it globally without a possibility to unlock.

This is like in the car - there are places where you have restricted access, but your car will start engine. It is on your side to know where you can flight or drive, and where not.
2016-5-10
Use props
news
lvl.3
Spain

Well thats crap.

I would not have purchased the drone knowing I could not fly it in my area as I am in CTR zone which goes down to ground level, even though there are massive hills and valleys in my area that no airplane could fly in.

Getting permission to fly seems like hard work in CTR zone.
2016-5-10
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

No, it is just a formality. I do not know how it work in spain, but in Poland it is very easy and everyone will get a permission. We just need to fill the form and call to tower. Of course i am talking about reasonable place in CTR, not just above approach at airport ;)
2016-5-11
Use props
news
lvl.3
Spain

Well here it has to be provided several days in advance with no idea if the if weather is ok or not, in mood to fly etc.

The whole thing sucks.
2016-5-11
Use props
thomas.kolb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1098940 ft
Sweden

news@bonathan.c Posted at 2016-5-11 10:47
Well here it has to be provided several days in advance with no idea if the if weather is ok or not, ...

Being a private pilot myself, I cannot advocate you to fly anyway, but reason with yourself... how are you going to fly? Are you intending to climb to several hundred meters and fly beyond visual range, or will you just be flying at tree top level to take pictures of local church towers, wineyards and hill sides? As I said in a different forum, an aircraft cruising at 120 feet has bigger issues than your Phantom drone. As long as you stay low and away from the direct vicinity of the aerodrome (say outside the 10 - 20 km perimeter), you are not going to interfere with air traffic more than a kid flying a kite from the backyard.

//Thomas
2016-5-11
Use props
news
lvl.3
Spain

Thomas.

I dont disagree, but the whole thing has knocked me for 6.

The faith I had in DJI and information they provide is now very low.

My local flying spots are now out of bounds and without going into specifics at this time, I am known about locally.
Even though this spots are 10 miles or more away from airport and as you say, there is noway a jet liner is going to be where I am unless its crashing.

2016-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules