P2 Gimbal upgrade???
1711 4 2016-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DoddZilla
New

Guernsey

Hi guys,

Just wondering what gimbal upgrades people have used for their P2's? I'm happy with the picture quality, just sick of the camera shake and lack of tilt.

I'm not the most technical person, so something plug 'n play or with good instructions would be good...

Thanks

2016-5-10
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello DoddZilla, you can upgrade the firmware via DJI Assistant. Simply turn on the drone and connect it to your computer. The software will detect your drone. Then enter "upgrade" page to do the upgrading. You can download the software here :http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus/info#downloads
2016-5-10
Use props
DoddZilla
New

United Kingdom

Thanks DJI-Paladin.

I was thinking more of a gimbal upgrade, but not sure which one to go for. I get a lot of shake and no horizontal lean from the camera because of the static gimbal.

I'll plug my phantom in now and do the upgrades though.

Thanks
2016-5-18
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

I think DJI-Paladin got a bit confused, do not try and update your Phantom 2 with the firmware for the vision + they linked.
You have a basic Phantom 2 right ?
What camera do you have bolted to the bottom ?
If you have a Go-Pro you can buy either the Zenmuse H3-2D or H3-3D gimbal or something similar.
Although it might be better in the long run to just replace the Phantom 2 with a Phantom 3 Standard or better.
2016-5-18
Use props
DoddZilla
New

United Kingdom

Thanks Johnwarr,

I have a standard Vision +, which comes with the basic camera that has only up and down movement.

The picture quality isn't bad, but because the camera is a fixed unit and not a gimbal, the video picks up all of the movement of the vehicle even in a light breeze. It also picks up a lot of shake as well.

I've seen videos of people putting other gimbals on their P2's, and still using the standard camera, but I can't find them anywhere! I would get a GoPro with the Zenmuse, but for the money I might as well save and buy a P3 which is not what I want to do.

It's disheartening when you think you've shot a really sweet video, and you get home to find that it's unusable because of the sway of the Phantom in the wind.
2016-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules