Osmo, X5R and Follow Focus.
2917 5 2016-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jphilion
New

United States

Hello All, Adela,

Who can explain the working methof of focusing the X5R when used with the Osmo?

I understand that focusing is posible with the DJI Go app. Has anyone done this successfully with the currently available software?

I understand that the DJI follow focus unit will control the focus of the MFT lenses approved for use with the X5R? Has anyone done this successfully with the currently available software? The "Soon coming" cable will connect what to what? Will the follow focus unit work wirelessly when separated from the Osmo?

Thanks,

Jon
2016-5-10
Use props
rj74
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Focus with the app works well, either tap to AF or MF with the touch screen slider wheel, same as with the Inspire remote. But unlike Inspire there is no focus peaking, and no focus zoom in video mode so accurate manual focus is difficult. On a retina iPhone 6+ you can focus pretty accurately just using the app focus slider and the focusing is smooth, but focus assist tools will be a big help.
:
I use the focus remote with the Inspire and it's very good, very smooth accurate focus racks/pulls with the MFT primes, but needs the 'coming soon' cable to connect the focus remote to the Osmo via the X5 adaptor.  I presume the focus remote functionality on the Osmo will be the same as on the Inspire i.e. very good, but we have to wait for the cable before it will work.
:
No, the focus remote will not work wirelessly with the Osmo, it needs the CAN-bus cable as it does with the Inspire controller. The wireless function is only for the focus gears motor set up.
2016-5-10
Use props
jphilion
New

United States

rj74@me.com Posted at 2016-5-10 19:13
Focus with the app works well, either tap to AF or MF with the touch screen slider wheel, same as wi ...

Thanks rj74.
2016-5-10
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello! Jon,
Thanks for your concern!
As states in our official online store website:
The X5 adaptor provide a communication port for the DJI Focus to control aperture and focus.
Connect the communication ports on the Focus Remote Controller and the X5 Adapter using the *DJI Focus - Osmo Pro/RAW Adaptor Cable.
*DJI Focus - Osmo Pro/RAW Adaptor Cable is sold separately. It will be available soon.

With the DJI Focus, you would get a more accurate control manually over the focus of the X5/X5R.
2016-5-10
Use props
zZIo2F86V76B
New
Australia

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-11 12:25
Hello! Jon,
Thanks for your concern!
As states in our official online store website:

Yes, but can it work wirelessly so that the camera operator can operate whilst a focus puller controls the focus away from the camera?
2016-10-5
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

you need the cable to attach to the port on the gimbal.you'd need a long cable so the 1st AC  can pull so you have room to operate. get the  2 meter cable (i have both sizes).

attach the cable to two points on the gimbal to minimize any influence the cable will give to the gimbal.
2016-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules