1128 10 2016-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kiteflo
lvl.1

[Mac, Samsung Galaxy Note5 with ANdroid 5]

Dear dji-crew and community,

yesterday I bought a brand new P4.

Unboxed and followed the instructions. I was asked for a firmware update on the Remote controle which I did.

Now I'm facing the "RC Signal Lost" issue which seems to be a common issue. Drone connects to the remote, I can see video image etc. etc. but in the top of the screen the "RC Signal lost" message is being displayed. Re-paired drone couple of times, tried to downgrad with the 10s top corner press, uninstalled app thousands of times etc. etc..

Right now it seems I cant fix this one, cant downgrade and the crappy Mac software tool does not help at all. I am really shocked of this unprofessional upgrade mechansim on the one hand, on the other hand regarding the lack of support from dji! No official guide how to fix this one? Just simple guesses what could work using your laboratory happy cases which do not reflect whats going on outside with your drones?

I seriously ask you to fix this issue by providing new software update and somebody from dji should answer this issues as soon as possible. Meanwhile, as we bought this drone for our company, I will encourage all of my employees to share our current experiences with the drone, so everyday there might appear new reviews on Amazon & Co sharing our experiences with the drone and the dji support.

https://www.digitec.ch/de/s1/pro ... ohne-5711978#rating

Will continue this the next couple of days, in seven days I will pass back the drone to the dealer in case the issue will not be solved. I encourage all dji owners to do exactly the same as this is not the way how you should treat customers who just bought a 1500$ gadget. Share your negative but lateron hopefully your positive experiences as well!

Cheers,
Florian
2016-5-10
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Sorry for your frustration, kiteflo. When you finished the RC's upgrading in the app, did you upgrade your drone's firmware to the latest firmware 1.1.3 as well? Feel free to post the screenshot of firmware versions and app versions here. They could be found in General Settings_About.
2016-5-11
Use props
kiteflo
lvl.1

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-11 16:01
Sorry for your frustration, kiteflo. When you finished the RC's upgrading in the app, did you upgrad ...

Hi Paladin,

thx for picking up on this one...

Firmware Update on the P4 is currently not possible, I'm on a Mac and have downloaded the Update dmg program (the dmg file for Mac) from this link, trying to follow the instructions:

http://www.drone-world.com/how-to-update-phantom-4-firmware/

The program detects the drone, I chose the P4 and then an empty list is being displayed, no chance to get any firmware information in there, see screenshot. There is and has never been a firmware version being displayed, regardless how long I wait. An yes, my computer is connected to the internet...

Florian

2016-5-11
Use props
kiteflo
lvl.1

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-11 16:01
Sorry for your frustration, kiteflo. When you finished the RC's upgrading in the app, did you upgrad ...

...image uploading does not seem to work in this forum, so use this link to see the screenshot:

https://www.evernote.com/l/ATj3wqRISfdHha-Hh-7iuLr_qpGXvfg5DBQ
2016-5-11
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

kiteflo Posted at 2016-5-11 18:20
...image uploading does not seem to work in this forum, so use this link to see the screenshot:

h ...

You can try to sign out and login your account to try again.And you can also upgrade the drone via DJI GO APP which seems convenient too.
2016-5-11
Use props
kiteflo
lvl.1

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-11 18:25
You can try to sign out and login your account to try again.And you can also upgrade the drone via ...

Trying to give you as detailed information as possible (guess you are from the dji team?) in order to reproduce/solve the issue:

Android Update is not an option:

Android App version is 2.8.0

What I do:
1) Entirely new install DJI ANdroid App
2) Connect phone to remote
3) switch on remote...the DJI app comes up
4) switch on the P4 => on the app the P4 screen comes up (with the blue camera button)
5) I keep waiting...
6) nothing happens, guess there should appear the orange update bar at the top of the screen
finally: pressing camera brings me to the P4 cockpit...image is there, GPS etc searched, everything looks fine
finally II: the red "Signal Lost" bar appears

So my question: is there any other way to update the drone via Android app? Or is update via Android app meant to connect the drone to the phone directly? If yes, is there a step by step guide for android on how to update the P4 using phone to P4 connection?

Thanx in advance,
Florian
2016-5-11
Use props
kiteflo
lvl.1

Latest status quo: ok...the Mac dji assistant is doing "something" - it's trying to download the firmware but the download process is kind of frozen...see screenshot:

https://www.evernote.com/l/ATjN_-LajN1FsJ_x7XYPbPH8ydVgxvzeS1U

What is going on here?

Can anyone from dji jump on this thread?!?!?!

Do you have knonw issues with the Mac updater? Is the solution to buy a P4 plus Windows Laptop to do the update stuff?

Guys, you have  a serious problem and I kindly ask you to fix it as soon as possible as there are much more P4s out there struggeling with this.
2016-5-11
Use props
kiteflo
lvl.1

Final screenshot from the great upgrade process after watching 10 minutes the 0% bar...:

https://www.evernote.com/l/ATiMxgcui8lAhocqe38s6lFxbgD-GNSMNrs
2016-5-11
Use props
kiteflo
lvl.1

Here's my next recension on the dji as currently it looks like you guys do not treat this as a serious issue:

https://www.amazon.de/review/RRA ... 61_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

By tomorrow I will demonstrate the P4 to my employees. I guess they wont appreciate this firmware desaster so they will start writing recensions as well...

Tonight I will share some twitter thoughts on the dji P4 and especially support from dji.
2016-5-11
Use props
ivanoe
New

I have the seme problem I spoke with an emloyer in germany And he say is a problem with Cina (at the DJI center)  The only solution he said is wait And prey good
2016-5-11
Use props
kiteflo
lvl.1

ivanoe@bluewin. Posted at 2016-5-11 21:32
I have the seme problem I spoke with an emloyer in germany And he say is a problem with Cina (at the ...

Hi ivanoe,

that was the first reply which really helped - took out my bible and put it next to the P4 and everything works like charm!

@dji-team: can you bundle a bible with your further P4 shipments to solve issues more effieciently!

thanx ivanoe for this clear but frustrating information.

Cheers,
Florian

P.S.: I kindly encourage you to share these experiences as recensions...this is really not the way of trating customers including you as still nobody from the dji team jumped into this discussion and provided information a la "ok - we have a problem - please wait for the next release..."
2016-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules