Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Another idiot ruining it for everybody
2709 29 2015-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

There is a video of some IDIOT flying a quadcopter (looks like it might be a Phantom) over AN ACTIVE AIRPORT!
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=50e_1421573155

And he also managed to do the one thing more stupid that almost guarantees him a Darwin award -- he put his name on it.  In Turkey. Where they will probably put him in front of a firing squad for terrorism.  
2015-1-18
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

This dude should be locked up for a long time. I don't think that a phantom could cause  a jumbo to crash, bu if it were sucked into a turbine, it could blow up and cause huge damage.
2015-1-18
Use props
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

I hope they catch this person very soon and chop his bits off.  That is just crazy,  If a plane had a missed approach and to go around again it could easily collide with this uav.  He could even have a fly away with all the signals and electrics around there.
2015-1-18
Use props
MacCool
lvl.3

United States

Cool video though.
2015-1-18
Use props
jamesnns
lvl.3

United States

This is why we cant have nice things anymore.
2015-1-18
Use props
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

Just watched the end bits - the crazy mothers even flying over a busy road. Noticed he taped over the lights that won't help him if something goes wrong.
2015-1-18
Use props
gil
lvl.4
United States

Yeah, it was but... but my jaw and eyes were wide open as I saw those jets taking off and landing!
2015-1-18
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

gil Posted at 2015-1-19 02:51
Yeah, it was but... but my jaw and eyes were wide open as I saw those jets taking off and landing!

As I have mentioned I have flown RC airplanes for 42 years. I belong to the Academy of Model Aeronautics which has lobbied in behalf of modelers. Airplanes do not have fail safe or RTH so we fly them close to us. We and the AMA have been very concerned the last couple of years that rising use and improper use of drones will cause the FAA to put very severe restrictions on our hobby. All because of idiots like this.
2015-1-18
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

Hopefully, the Turks will do the right thing with this infidel.
2015-1-18
Use props
momochi
lvl.2

United States

This guy is out smarted by a box of rocks. What would make him think that was a good idea? His brain must be toasted.
2015-1-18
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

He needs his ass kicked.
2015-1-18
Use props
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

No not really cool - the props and landing gear appear all the time, it's misty and if you worked around airfields for as long as I have.  You will find it very boring after a while.
2015-1-18
Use props
MacCool
lvl.3

United States

talk2t_c Posted at 2015-1-19 05:47
No not really cool - the props and landing gear appear all the time, it's misty and if you worked  ...

2015-1-18
Use props
tonyphantom147
lvl.3

United Kingdom

If it's a Phantom, thought it wasn't possible to fly near airports ? Or is that just PV2 plus. ?
2015-1-18
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

tonyphantom147@ Posted at 2015-1-19 09:14
If it's a Phantom, thought it wasn't possible to fly near airports ? Or is that just PV2 plus. ?

It's in Turkey, not the US.  They probably haven't even heard of restricted airspace.
2015-1-18
Use props
nordkapph20
lvl.2

United States

Wow!  That is so messed up!!!  That is really disturbing.  - - - -ing IDIOT!
2015-1-18
Use props
birdfolk5555
lvl.3

United States

wow. See that he gets this.
257073.jpg
2015-1-18
Use props
ciprianboboc
lvl.2

United States

Capt. Bill Posted at 2015-1-19 03:16
As I have mentioned I have flown RC airplanes for 42 years. I belong to the Academy of Model Aeron ...

yes, any Phantom operator should think about safety...
Only because it's cool to take some images or videos, we should be considerate about the safety of others and about what's legal... In the end, the Phantoms are still toys and we should never bring them over airports, freeways, or other places where a crash or flyaway may harm other people...
2015-1-19
Use props
scott7161
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Terrible flying, terrible editing and terrible decision to fly near an airport.  He obviously knew he was doing something wrong or he wouldn't have taped over his LED lights to make it more stealthy...
2015-1-19
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

Total moron
2015-1-19
Use props
jarek33.email
lvl.2
Flight distance : 466696 ft
United States

how did he fly with out phantom not stopping him, like this whole airport crap restriction ? is it only work in usa?
2015-1-19
Use props
gil
lvl.4
United States

jarek33.email Posted at 2015-1-19 20:55
how did he fly with out phantom not stopping him, like this whole airport crap restriction ? is it o ...

As far as how he managed to thwart the no-fly zone restrictions -- I recommend we don't open that can of worms because you just know there will be an even bigger idiot that will take up the challenge to make an even more reckless flight around an airport!
2015-1-19
Use props
FlyingDog
lvl.2

Taiwan

Ignorant, reckless, irresponsible and selfish!
2015-1-19
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

"Manukyan deleted the video from YouTube after reactions, and claimed to have shot the footage to reveal the lack of air traffic safety.

“The GPS system on the drone does not permit filming over airports. It automatically turns off. I wanted to try it, but saw that the GPS was not turned off. I had no bad intentions,” he said.

Speaking to Doğan News Agency, retired pilot Nuri Sakarya slammed the authorities for allowing the flight of an unauthorized aircraft near the control tower.

“No foreign object should be able to come closer than 10 kilometers. This is air traffic terrorism which could cause a serious danger as the drone could have hit an airplane,” said Sakarya.

Meanwhile, Sefa İnan, a retired Turkish Airlines technician, said the sale of drones should be regulated. “There should be directives. Any person can buy and fly a drone anywhere now; this should be stopped,” İnan added.

Thanks for helping ruin our hobby Manukyan!   Criminal.  :@
2015-1-19
Use props
tonyphantom147
lvl.3

United Kingdom

gil Posted at 2015-1-19 21:04
As far as how he managed to thwart the no-fly zone restrictions -- I recommend we don't open that  ...

Excellent point.
2015-1-19
Use props
bobibobr.email
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I think this is a government  agent doing this, why you mite ask ? Answer, then the governments can ban drone
2015-1-20
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

bobibobr.email Posted at 2015-1-20 22:41
I think this is a government  agent doing this, why you mite ask ? Answer, then the governments can  ...

The turkish government has got other problems than dealing with flying toys over airports. Besides, they'd rather shoot them down rather than getting them banned. You can't really compare this country to "modern society", so it might not effect us that much.

(shots at 1:25)
2015-1-20
Use props
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

kjkisatsky@comc Posted at 2015-1-20 04:51
"Manukyan deleted the video from YouTube after reactions, and claimed to have shot the footage to re ...

He might have deleted from youtube, but the link gil put above still works.
2015-1-20
Use props
isaiahbrock7.em
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98934 ft
United States

cant government ban drones because of this??!!
2015-1-21
Use props
anthony
lvl.2
United States

Just astounding.  And flying around the VORTAC, at the end, is also a danger to aircraft navigation and risks the drone losing contact.  Dumbass.
2015-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules