Converting dji fix (djifix.exe) repaired video files
13049 9 2016-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mackswell
lvl.1

United States

So shout out to user Geebax for pointing me to the djifix.exe application which will repair corrupted video files...  For those of you who don't know, if you power off your drone before stopping the video recording, the file will be corrupt.  This has happened to me before, but this was not the case this time around.  This time, my microSD card failed on me and wouldn't mount.  I used CardRescue ($40 on Mac) and was able to get the files... but one file was unplayable until I ran the djifix.exe application!  Voila!
Here is the djifix.exe for those looking for a solution to their own corrupt video file problems: http://live555.com/drones/DJI-Phantom-2-Vision+-video-fix/

After putting in a few lines of code in Terminal, you end up a few minutes later with a file like this: File0003-repaired.h264 which is only playable on VLC.  It is really reassuring to be able to open up the file and see it's all there.  THAT being said, I can't do anything with this bizarro .h264 file the djifixe.exe application produces.

Does anyone know a surefire way to convert the .h264 file back to .MOV or to .MP4?  I have tried Miro Video Convereter and Win X Video Converter for Mac, and no dice.  Neither programs will even load my file!

Thanks so much,
Mackswell
2016-5-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Perhaps you might try Handbrake, it is one of the most valuable tools around: https://handbrake.fr/
2016-5-11
Use props
mackswell
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-5-12 07:08
Perhaps you might try Handbrake, it is one of the most valuable tools around: https://handbrake.fr/

I've tried this as well... no luck so far.  Thanks again for your help.
2016-5-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

mackswell Posted at 2016-5-12 09:22
I've tried this as well... no luck so far.  Thanks again for your help.

Perhaps if you could post the file to Dropbox I, or others, may be able to try to use it, then report back.
2016-5-11
Use props
mackswell
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-5-12 07:28
Perhaps if you could post the file to Dropbox I, or others, may be able to try to use it, then rep ...

Thanks so much for the kind offer.

As it turned out, I was able to get Miro Video Converter to work after all!  The UI went completely bananas when I started the conversion and nothing happened (the Miro application appeared to be frozen) but I noticed my CPU ramped way up... and Activity Monitor's top task was ffmpeg so I put two and two together.  Waited a little longer and boom there it was!

So that's the solution:
dji fix (djifix.exe) + Miro Video Converter + a little bit of patience = repaired files

Thanks for all of your help Geebax.
2016-5-12
Use props
grzegorz
New

Poland

hi!

i have problem with this file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/enbpnwaxksz5daj/bad.MOV?dl=0

i try djifix, recover_mp4_to_h264 and power on phantom inc card. no lucky.
eny ideas? help please.
2016-5-22
Use props
grzegorz
New

Poland

grzegorz@sgf.pl Posted at 2016-5-22 15:14
hi!

i have problem with this file:

I forgot:

Phantom 3 adv, 23,9 fps, 2,7k, mov
2016-5-22
Use props
mackswell
lvl.1

United States

grzegorz@sgf.pl Posted at 2016-5-23 00:57
I forgot:

Phantom 3 adv, 23,9 fps, 2,7k, mov

If you run djifix.exe, you will end up with a file like File0001.H264. Download Miro Video Converter to convert that file to .mp4. It may stall and take a while, but it will work.

As far as the card goes— if you're like me, you may have ruined the card.  You will need to reformat it (preferably to exFAT) in either your P3Adv or in your computer before it will work again. I wasn't able to reformat my card, so had to toss it and get a new one.
2016-5-24
Use props
grzegorz
New

Poland

Unfortunately DJIFIX does not work as it should. It creates a file h264, but is 0 mb.
I received a file h264 by rocover_mp4_to_h264 - It has data (the same as the original mb), but it has only a single frame.

The conversion from h264 to mp4 does not help.
2016-5-25
Use props
djiuser_rfVUVc2EiIz6
New

Canada

Worked like a charm: same problem , video interupted during landing through abrupt powerdown, I downloaded djifix, ran in on windows using the cmd, used the M paramameter when called for and converted it using the VLC utility. What a great fix, I got the video back from my maiden flight. THANKS!!!
2020-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules