Apple iOS: DJI just tell us! (2.11.15 iOS released!)
12345Next >
22395 168 2015-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
drklion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2712825 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is a direct request to DJI reps.  We all want to know will we have an iOS app for our Apple devices?  If yes then we need to know when to expect it.  We need to know cause you sold us a product that was sold with the fact that it works with an Apple app.  By this fact and the fact we paid in full for this product gives us every right to request full details of the release of the iOS app, if it is or not a go.

With that said if the iOS app is dead then a full refund option should be in order or compensation of some sort for those that would be willing to move to the Andriod app.

For anyone that is using the Apple app and has an Inspire 1 please respond with an agree or add your thoughts to this thread.  DJI should come out and address this issue.

Update Note: 1.28.15
Since posting Abe has been kind enough to give us a link to the DJI Pilot App 9.2 (scroll down to find link).  But since I posted this on the 20th of this month no DJI official responded on when to expect a releasable version of the DJI Pilot App.  All we have is each other sharing the last known version of it and any communications we have had with DJI ourselves.  From what I have gathered we should be getting a final version by the 2nd of February if Apple approves it.  Until then we can bitch and moan on these forums.  It is a real cluster f#$% how the iOS is not part of this amazing UAS.

Update Note: 2.5.15
As I pointed out in my last update we all should have heard from DJI about the iOS app by the 2nd of February.  Today is the 5th.  Mums the word, what else is new?

Update Note: 2.9.15
Today we are expecting some answer from Apple on the iOS app.  Not holding my breath on this one.  To make it clear its not going to be official, just an update on what is going on with the app.

Update Note: 2.11.15
iOS App is live with version 1.0

2015-1-18
Use props
abe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

They have stated officially it is coming soon. Relax. If you take a little time to search and read through this forum, you will find it is very easy to download the 0.9.2 version of the iOS app from numerous sources and it works quite well. Here's one http://install.diawi.com/QqqLHb
2015-1-18
Use props
drklion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2712825 ft
  • >>>
United States

abe@abekleinfel Posted at 2015-1-19 03:52
They have stated officially it is coming soon. Relax. If you take a little time to search and read t ...

Thank you for the reply Abe.  I have been relaxed since the 7th of the month.  Since then I have had several issues that I have dealt with but all have been worked on.  The App is the brain to operating the inspire and without that, even .0.9.2 will not help.  Having a working app is key with support for it, not just what we can grab from each other.
2015-1-18
Use props
david.spencer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7192 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's all very well saying relax but when you fork out for something that is useless like an iPad air after being stated that it's supported is a little annoying. That coupled with rumours that Apple will never let it run it becomes disheartening, I agree that dji need to make a better statement than were working on it!  I also happen to agree that a good will gesture of some sort should be given to those who can provide a receipt for the iPad ifitbecomes apparent that it can't be used
2015-1-18
Use props
david
lvl.2

United States

They have stated officially it is coming soon. Relax. If you take a little time to search and read t ...

Abe, thank you for the link
2015-1-18
Use props
chato1974
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2630909 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you for the site Abe. believe it or not I've been looking around the forums and this is the first time this alternate (unofficial) site came up for me here.
2015-1-18
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

I bought an iPad Air just for the inspire. But I'll use my Nexus 5 for now until this (if ever) gets sorted out.
I have an older Asus Transformer, but I don't think it's powerful enough.
2015-1-18
Use props
noelle1000
lvl.2

United States

Abe. Thanks for the link. Flew 3 sorties 9.2 works great. Let fly!  
2015-1-18
Use props
neuroverse
lvl.1

United States

Not excusing the disappointment of losing iOS support (hopefully temporarily)... but it would still be worth it to buy a cheap Android tablet instead. This birdie is AMAZING!
2015-1-18
Use props
gregg
lvl.2

Netherlands

I understand completely Drkloin's frustration. It has been a 'rocky' launch for DJI and so much of that written here is negative. It's easy to feel uneasy about your purchase and I think it's fair to ask for an official statement. Like many others, I was expecting my Inspire to be shipped beginning of December. As a Mac user, I raced out the day of my order and bought 2 iPad Airs to be ready. Unfortunately, my Inspire was delayed being delivered and the iOS App was removed the night before my delivery. Furthermore, my return window with Apple was too late. I've spent my weekend crawling the forum for links and ways to get the App of which don't work with iOS 8 without jail breaking the device.... So I can't help but feel disappointed not achieving anything with the Inspire all weekend.... THAT SAID.... Thanks Abe... The link provided is perfect and worked straight away. Only wish I had this link since Friday night. I'm remaining calm as I've seen some great Vids of users first experiences... But I can't help in the back of my mind wondering what next?
2015-1-18
Use props
donutcritic
lvl.1

United States

Thx for sharing this link, way easier (and less sketch) to install with this method than the previously posted J Box.
2015-1-18
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

Thanks Abe! That was easy to install. That source was trustworthy? I thought a serial was needed....
2015-1-18
Use props
trevor.nipges.e
lvl.2

United States

using unofficial apps is risky.  you are opening up your device for malware viruses. I am hoping DJI gets the approval it would be disappointing for DJI to have lied again.  when i pre ordered they weren't even supporting android yet.  talk about a bait and switch   
2015-1-18
Use props
kw9924.email
lvl.2

Hong Kong

I asked DJI today if it is a matter of time for the iOS app to come back or they r still uncertain whether it would be approved. They replied "it's a matter of time"

Hope it is
2015-1-19
Use props
gregg.email
lvl.2

Netherlands

EVERYONE PLEASE USE LINK WITH CAUTION: Thanks Abe for the link. No one was more excited than I when you posted it. However despite it being easy and quick, my 2 x new iPad Airs will no longer connect to iTunes for backing up and updating. Since loading the App, when I connect to my MacBook a message saying these devices are no longer supported appears. The Apple store this morning said the message is a result of unofficial methods installing apps/software. As I bought these specifically for the Inspire, the only app on them that didn't come standard was the DJI app from this link. They also said this may effect the warranty for the products.
2015-1-19
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

gregg.email Posted at 2015-1-19 20:05
EVERYONE PLEASE USE LINK WITH CAUTION: Thanks Abe for the link. No one was more excited than I whe ...

Thanks Greg, worth knowing.
2015-1-19
Use props
tim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 328684 ft
United Kingdom

gregg.email Posted at 2015-1-19 20:05
EVERYONE PLEASE USE LINK WITH CAUTION: Thanks Abe for the link. No one was more excited than I whe ...

I suppose if you ever needed to warranty the iPads you could factory reset and go from there. But worth knowing if you use the iPad for other things...
2015-1-19
Use props
Arvada
lvl.2
Flight distance : 398822 ft
United States

Maybe a sign of things to come.  I hope not.  I chatted live with DJI on Saturday after finding out that there is no iOS app.  

The tech told me (and I am not making this up) that iOS would be available "In Time" and if I want to use my inspire to buy other hardware and gave me a list of approved hardware to buy.

If they are planning on giving us an iOS app, why did they recommend I just buy new hardware?

Ugh...I just bought a new iPad Air 2 for my Inspire.
2015-1-19
Use props
david.askew
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I spoke via email with the inspire tech support this morning and they have assured me that my ipad air 2 purchase is not a waste of money as the app is coming, its just a delay. So i would take that as official.
2015-1-19
Use props
ghoonk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

drklion Posted at 2015-1-19 04:03
Thank you for the reply Abe.  I have been relaxed since the 7th of the month.  Since then I have h ...

What's wrong with 0.9.2?

It'd be ironic if DJi got their app to App Store, and we all discovered that it's 0.9.2
2015-1-19
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

ghoonk Posted at 2015-1-20 00:59
What's wrong with 0.9.2?

It'd be ironic if DJi got their app to App Store, and we all discovered t ...

Who's got 9.2?
2015-1-19
Use props
dave.email
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2749 ft
  • >>>
United States

@dbeck
Just scroll up. Look for Abe's lion avatar. His post on 2015-1-19 03:52 contains a link to 9.2
2015-1-19
Use props
The Colonel
lvl.4

United States

You all rock !!

too cool ty for that link Abe.

Im dyeing to see if this works )))

And it does with out a hitch!! Abe drinks are on me next time I'm in the bay area(Sonoma) for an Indy race which is this upcoming fall.
It even shows my firmware update status unlike the android app ..Yee haw!!

Happy dance time and time to send back the new android tablet I bought you saved me 250 bucks buddy and TY.
2015-1-19
Use props
ooilouis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119062 ft
Singapore

same i bought my ipad air 2 for the inspire
2015-1-19
Use props
ghoonk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Don't sweat it at the moment. Just need to know where to look for the 0.9.1 or 0.9.2 IPA files. I have it on my mini 3 and it works fine. It's not the perfect solution, but it's an interim solution until DJI gets it into the App Store
2015-1-20
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

ghoonk Posted at 2015-1-20 00:59
What's wrong with 0.9.2?

It'd be ironic if DJi got their app to App Store, and we all discovered t ...

Unlikely. Software version numbering usually starts with "1.0" as a final version. Anything less than 1.0, such as 0.9.2, would seem to indicate a beta version, not yet finished.

That is if we ever see it on the App store at all.
2015-1-20
Use props
lusetti
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36506 ft
United States

trevor.nipges.e Posted at 2015-1-19 15:47
using unofficial apps is risky.  you are opening up your device for malware viruses. I am hoping DJI ...

I just want it for the simulator, That way I can familiarize myself with the settings in the app and see how it all works . Then I will wait for my locks and attempt some low level hovers and take baby steps. After all the scuttlebutt about the various issues im a little gun shy
2015-1-20
Use props
MainlineAerial
New

United States

I just received my inspire today. Spoke to vendor, UAS and they assured me after talking to DJI that the app was days away, week at most. Just went out and purchased IPad Air 2, will wait patiently until then. .
2015-1-21
Use props
david.spencer.e
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7192 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MainlineAerial Posted at 2015-1-22 12:47
I just received my inspire today. Spoke to vendor, UAS and they assured me after talking to DJI that ...

I won't hold my breath
2015-1-21
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Totally agree.

Compensation -  DJI have acted dishonourably by continuing to sell this product knowing that the Inspire will not function with iPad.  The DJI website still continues to show tutorials and videos with the Inspire being used with iPads.

Two free batteries sounds like a good gesture of good will.

I also understand that DJI have now released a note that the Inspire shoud not be flown without fitting Prop Locks that DJI are supposedly shipping out to dealers to stop props coming off inflight.

2015-1-22
Use props
paul.swieconek.
lvl.1

United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-1-22 18:31
Totally agree.

Compensation -  DJI have acted dishonourably by continuing to sell this product know ...

Thanks for this Post - And the link to 9.2, BUT !!!!  This is only a short term fix.  As soon as the next firmware update comes out with a "Highly recommend Upgrade for Inspire to Function Properly" - You'll load it and get a "Device not Supported" error message when you launch app.  And no, you can't go back to previous load.  So then we will all be back to square one. Especially frustrating to me, as I purchased second TX and am waiting to buy a second I-pad Air 2. I've also heard statements like as the functions increase for the Inspire, the processors speeds etc. become more demanding and that's why Samsung G4 was nixed from the list. The list is shrinking rather than growing larger per the statement below the list. DJI - please, please let us know if Apple is a dead and if it is, what is the most promising Android device for continued support into the future. - The Inspire is one hell of a great Quad - don't screw this up.
2015-1-22
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

DJI now indicating 1 to 2 weeks away for iPad app
2015-1-22
Use props
abe.email
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I re-uploaded the 0.9.2 version of the iOS Pilot app to Diawi (a developer site for iOS wireless installation). The following link should now work. Make sure you click on it from your browser on your iOS device.

http://install.diawi.com/dPHckc
2015-1-22
Use props
lzrman.email
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7598451 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Thanks Abe, appreciate it!  Guess in the meantime till DJI gets approval from the apples this will do.
2015-1-22
Use props
diverreb.email
New
Flight distance : 28831873 ft
United States

It's time for DJI to make some official comments on the expected update to the App Store...  I also spoke with a DJI rep a week ago and he told me it would be up in a few days.  I don't doubt that he was told that by DJI.  Things change and delays happen, I understand that too.  Coming from a strong business background, one of the hard lessons learned was the importance of good communication.  A lot of us are waiting....  Some solid information from DJI to set expectations would go a long way, along with updates if there are additional delays.  

Richie
2015-1-23
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Guys it's out of DJI;s hands.. It's in the Apple approval process
2015-1-23
Use props
patrick.bender.
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9760 ft
Sweden

spoke with them today and they said 2-3 weeks.
2015-1-23
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you go to the the site with this link it states that it is locked  because it has made the maximum number of downloads.
2015-1-23
Use props
abe.email
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

rodger Posted at 2015-1-24 00:44
If you go to the the site with this link it states that it is locked  because it has made the maxi ...

I uploaded it again to restart the download count. Try this one: http://install.diawi.com/dPHckc
2015-1-23
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

abe.email Posted at 2015-1-24 00:48
I uploaded it again to restart the download count. Try this one: http://install.diawi.com/dPHckc

Thanks Abe, you are my Hero.
2015-1-23
Use props
12345Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules