Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Apple iOS: DJI just tell us! (2.11.15 iOS released!)
22384 168 2015-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

"I bought an iPad Air for the Inspire..."

Rather than assume I'm asking for purposes of clarification. When you say "iPad Air" are you referring to the original version as opposed to the iPad Air 2?

Thanks!
2015-1-28
Use props
jblack626
New

United States

Downloaded the 0.9.2 from this thread, works great, but when I turn on my inspire it ask you to activate device, when I try to do that it says invalid device
2015-1-28
Use props
bmancan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2085810 ft
  • >>>
Canada

gwhiz2k Posted at 2015-1-28 16:30
I bought an iPad Air for the Inspire, but it's starting to look like even if Apple DOES approve the  ...

Completely agree and really wish that DJI would provide an option that allows iOS users to select Google Maps instead of the Apple Maps. I have an iPad mini 2 which is great but the maps in both the DJI Pilot and DJI Vision app are such a disappointment in the areas where I fly.
2015-1-28
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

abe.email Posted at 2015-1-28 12:47
Here's a new link. I just uploaded the app so it should work. Click on the link from your iOS devi ...

Thank you very much for this one Abe ! Very good then installed works just fine !!
2015-1-28
Use props
web
New

Switzerland

Ok ok ... too much time with that ... A few days ago I bought an iPad Air  for my Inspire, but that was a mistake. Of course, if I am stupid enough to buy a more expensive tool that is supposed to work as well as a less expensive device, so I can be stupid enough to have a useless toy too!

So I gave the iPad shit to my little goddaughter, she's really happy, she can make virtual make-ups with! Incredible, you can not believe how powerfull and usefull is this toy!

I went to buy a Samsung that work very well ... Honestly it's a good tool! We should do the same, although some guys Inspired alter in custom super result of Apple compagny ... just preserve your nerves, give up...
2015-1-29
Use props
drklion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2712825 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well after posting this on 1/19, over ten days ago we have not heard any detailed information from DJI on how they have addressed the issue for the DJI Pilot App iOS.

At this time I am breaking down and purchasing a NVIDIA so I can fly my Inspire.  I hear that the NVIDIA is as close to the iPad's as possible.

DJI you should send everyone who was, is or planned to use the Inspire 1 with the iOS a free battery, its the least you can do.
2015-1-31
Use props
craigarthurson.
lvl.2

Australia

If one must be force to buy an Andriod product to enjoy the inspire what would be the best suggestion. As I hate buying crap and it bad enough to have to lower my standards to havering to buy an Android based product like you Drklion I don't want to have to do this but if I must I want something that is best suited. I prefer not to go near SAMSUNG I find their stuff are like a laxative (They give me the Sh#ts).
So open to any good sugestions
2015-1-31
Use props
jkelly2900.att
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12372 ft
United States

abe@abekleinfel Posted at 2015-1-19 03:52
They have stated officially it is coming soon. Relax. If you take a little time to search and read t ...

"Locked" Is there another trustworthy source?
2015-2-1
Use props
abe.abekleinfel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

jkelly2900.att Posted at 2015-2-2 01:21
"Locked" Is there another trustworthy source?

I uploaded it again. Open this link from your iOS device and click Install.

http://install.diawi.com/Pfwpy7
2015-2-1
Use props
jkelly2900.att
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12372 ft
United States

abe.abekleinfel Posted at 2015-2-2 04:21
I uploaded it again. Open this link from your iOS device and click Install.

http://install.diawi ...

Thanks!!!!
2015-2-1
Use props
F66
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75571 ft
United States

Thanks abe! Your efforts are actually keeping me motivated. Dowloaded successfully and plan to launch tomorrow for a maiden flight. Received Inspire on Friday with updated firmware on board. No update was necessary. Thanks again!
2015-2-1
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

F66 Posted at 2015-2-2 15:51
Thanks abe! Your efforts are actually keeping me motivated. Dowloaded successfully and plan to launc ...

Have you used the simulator on this unauthorised version yet?
2015-2-2
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Abe,

Can you explain what it means on  the app  " Provisioning profile expiration 2015-10-23 ... "

Will it just cease to be of any use on this date !!
2015-2-2
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Can anyone confirm the date the last IOS app version 0.9.2 was actually released by DJI ??
2015-2-2
Use props
abe.abekleinfel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-2-3 01:19

I have used the simulator -- it works perfectly fine. Note that I wouldn't call it "unauthorized." It is the exact app DJI themselves made available to everyone but then took down when they submitted it to Apple for approval in the App Store. So I suppose we can each choose the semantics we prefer.
2015-2-2
Use props
abe.abekleinfel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-2-3 01:26
Abe,

Can you explain what it means on  the app  " Provisioning profile expiration 2015-10-23 ... "  ...

I'm pretty sure that means the company providing the download service, Daiwa, will expire the link on that date. But it also expires when 250 people have downloaded the app, and then me or someone else has to upload it again and generate a new link. But not to worry, if on 10-23-2015 the app is still not available on the App Store, we'll have bigger problems to contend with.
2015-2-2
Use props
F66
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75571 ft
United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-2-3 01:19

I did and as far I could tell it worked fine. I flew for 1 and half solid today and it was a dream. No sat loss. Props were hand tight and held seemed to be balanced out of the bags. Nothing that I could tell was out of the ordinary. App worked well on the iPad Mini 3.
2015-2-2
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
United Kingdom

abe.email Posted at 2015-1-24 00:48
I uploaded it again to restart the download count. Try this one: http://install.diawi.com/dPHckc

Abe,

This IOS App version 0.9.2  is there a file that I can save on my Mac just in case the official release drags out longer as I wouldnt want to not have a copy that I could access in the future.

I know the links say download whilst in Safari on the device, but is there a specific file that I can just save to my Mac.
2015-2-3
Use props
Migio
lvl.1

Italy

GB44 Posted at 2015-1-23 04:12
DJI now indicating 1 to 2 weeks away for iPad app

REALLY ???
before they continue to say they can do nothing and they do not know nothink about timing because is in the hands of Apple.....
2015-2-3
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Migio Posted at 2015-2-3 20:39
REALLY ???
before they continue to say they can do nothing and they do not know nothink about timin ...

Yes the saga continues.  

I was informed by 24/7 online chat just esterday that it will be available in App Store in 2 weeks so the 2 weeks time frame just gets used again and again every time you ask on the chat line.  

The reps on the Chat lines no nothing and are just repeating standard responses to all queries.

However, time is moving on and it's about time that DJI simply requested a formal update and status of the App submission from Apple so that it can advise its customers appropriately and diligently for the actual timescale and not just time frames plucked from the sky.  

As they say "The Future is Possible"  they just need to communicate that to the DJI customers.

2015-2-3
Use props
abe.abekleinfel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-2-3 19:42
Abe,

This IOS App version 0.9.2  is there a file that I can save on my Mac just in case the offici ...

Yes, you can download the app here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qcpfr6 ... box.com%5D.ipa?dl=0
2015-2-3
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
United Kingdom

abe.abekleinfel Posted at 2015-2-3 23:14
Yes, you can download the app here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qcpfr6nhea650q9/%5BDJI%20Pilot%5D%5 ...

Abe is this the iFun box thing.

I am just looking for the direct app file not another peice of software
2015-2-3
Use props
abe.abekleinfel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-2-3 23:16
Abe is this the iFun box thing.

I am just looking for the direct app file not another peice of so ...

That is the actual 0.9.2 app file that I uploaded to Daiwa that then get's installed onto your iOS device. Are you looking for something else?
2015-2-3
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Abe,

Thanks  Abe,

I just didnt want to have to install iFun jailbreak software, so just wanted the file as a back up until the formal IOS App is released.

So now I have a  :    [DJI Pilot] 0.9.2.ipa    file.  

If I then want to install this on the iPad what is the procedure ?  Do you copy and paste it to the iPad somewhere ?

Cheers.
2015-2-3
Use props
abe.abekleinfel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

You can't install it directly to the iPad or iPhone. You will need to first upload it to a wireless installer site like Daiwa, which will generate a link for you to click on from your iPad or iPhone. It will then automatically install it on your device.

It's easier than it sounds. Just go to daiwa.com and follow the simple directions to upload the app and generate the link. Remember to also share the link with others on this forum since there is an insatiable appetite for this app!
2015-2-3
Use props
Skywolf007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2758875 ft
Slovakia

This was exactly my problem. The delivery was late by 2 weeks, and once I got it, the apple app was already removed. I contacted immediately DJI - their statement was: Apple does not allow transmitting video signal to ipad without some kind of a license, and they forced DJI to remove the app immediately. They also told me, the new version of app has been sent to Apple for approval, and now apple is on move to approve the use of it.

As an apple customer, I'm so pissed off. They let the app work for a month before they pulled it. I think they saw how many units were sold by dji, and wanted to make some extra cash...

I'm scheduled to have my pilot exams next month, so I need to fly to practice. I still don't have the spare batteries, I ordered the same time but that's a different problem. Luckily I found a workaround, anyone with basic knowledge of google search can find the app, and the way to install it.

So just be patient, and blame apple not dji

BTW Inspire is an amazing piece of machinery.

Sky
2015-2-3
Use props
Migio
lvl.1

Italy

Mmmmm ...... Thank you Abe but I prefer wait for the official one.
Unless DJI give indication to charge the one you suggest!
2015-2-3
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

United States

craigarthurson. Posted at 2015-2-1 06:02
If one must be force to buy an Andriod product to enjoy the inspire what would be the best suggestio ...

Nvidia Shield. People have done some nice comparison videos. It's the best Android tablet for gaming, so the best vid proc, thus good for the inspire.
2015-2-3
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

United States

iOS app is useless anyway until it gets Google Maps. Apple maps only has satellite images in the places I can't fly (built up urban areas). Huge parts of my rural area are outdated or extremely low resolution.
2015-2-3
Use props
st0gas
lvl.2

Lithuania

DJI is not in the list of MFI authorized.....

LIST
2015-2-4
Use props
Migio
lvl.1

Italy

st0gas Posted at 2015-2-4 16:40
DJI is not in the list of MFI authorized.....

LIST

what does it meaning ?
DJI have some app in apple (phantome etc etc) ...... just not for inspire
2015-2-4
Use props
st0gas
lvl.2

Lithuania

Well some guys were claiming that App in process of approval, same as DJI btw. And it takes a long time as DJI had to apply for MFI license from apple. And the App is so complex, and thats the reason why we all sitting and waiting for miracle to happen. Since its not in the list it means that DJI even have no right to request approval for a ios App.

So 2 options possible

1. Its not in the list because Apple had to update it, but it was not done.
2. DJI have no MFI license until now, so the ios app in fact was never uploaded for approval, and even if it was it will be rejected.
2015-2-4
Use props
Migio
lvl.1

Italy

st0gas Posted at 2015-2-4 19:39
Well some guys were claiming that App in process of approval, same as DJI btw. And it takes a long t ...

WONDERFUL !!!
this put us in a even bigger suspence
DJI continue to answer that is not in thier hands because is in Apple hands.
A seriuos Company would have worned us if was rejected by Apple. Othervise they risk some legal issues. And up today i belive they are a seriuos Company.
But i did not find an official word telling that the app is in the work process of Apple and was not rejected.
And it make us more suspance....
They should put some advise in the main website.
2015-2-4
Use props
st0gas
lvl.2

Lithuania

Dont Panic . There is a chance that Apple just have to update the list....
2015-2-4
Use props
dvaystub
New

United States

gwhiz2k Posted at 2015-2-4 12:42
iOS app is useless anyway until it gets Google Maps. Apple maps only has satellite images in the pla ...

Click the little layers icon in the top right corner to select different map types.
2015-2-4
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

dvaystub Posted at 2015-2-5 06:45
Click the little layers icon in the top right corner to select different map types.

I don't see any option to change maps.  Can you explain further.
2015-2-4
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't see any option to change maps on my App.  Can you provide more detail?
2015-2-4
Use props
holbest
lvl.1

United States

Ed,
   Maybe that's one of the differences between 0.91 & 0.92?

Steve
2015-2-4
Use props
abe.abekleinfel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

dvaystub Posted at 2015-2-5 06:45

That button simply lets you choose between standard, satellite or hybrid views. It doesn't let you choose between Apple maps and Google maps.
2015-2-4
Use props
Drgnastro
New

United States

Hello everybody, thank you Abe for the link!!!  
I spent 2-1/2 hours on the phone with Apple Support today. After the first person I spoke to audviously had not clues as to the point I was trying to make, i asked to speak with a manager.  The next guy "I believe his name was Chis" was Awesome to deal with, he had actually heard of the Phantom and  knew of DJI. He was extremely interested in the issue. I let him know about the ongoing issue, and the possible PR nightmare this type of issue could cause. I then directed him to this forum and told him to read for himself.
My thought is that DJI has put forth all that they can, they spent countless hours developing , testing,  and promoting their software to cater to the IOS platform. Only to have it blocked on DDay!
Chris then said that this is a much larger issue than he felt comfortable dealing with. Then he place me on hold. ........ When he picked up again he explained that my call and case number is now being handed to the TOP of the Apple food chain. A lady picked up the phone and said Chris explained everything to her. I then added that Apple has got to realize with roughly 5000 Inspires being sold, all promoted  using IOS. You now have people with a fairly large amount of expendable incom being held captive, and now looking for an option other than their products. She sent me an email instantly with her contact info, name, direct line, email,. She asked that I give her time to get her facts together and to be able to do some research. She also asked me for the address for this forum. She asked if she could call me back on Sunday.  I told her Monday would be better. so we will see what is said on Monday.
I think that if everyone on here would take the time, go old school and place a call to Apple "in which they will create a case number for your issue that has to be worked to a point of resolution!" This entire mess might get resolved sooner.
2015-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules