Can anyone determine what causes this pixelation? Adela?
880 5 2016-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChicagoVideogra
lvl.2

I have been doing some tests in 30P 3840 x 2160, but my sharness setting was on 0, I understand now many folks turn it down to -2. In this video, a pan of some water fountains, I was curious if it would hunt exposure. I was wanting to see if I could create slider like moves. However, if you watch the green bushes above and beyond the water, especially the evergreens, I see some blocking. Anybody else getting these probrolems? I imported into FCPX and exported as a MOV, then uploaded to Vimeo.

If it asks for a password it is:

osmo1

Thanks,

Ned
Chicago Videographer
www.nedmiller.com

2016-5-12
Use props
rj74
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Panning across foliage is the most testing thing for a camera, even high bit rate cameras can struggle, add to that the hyperfocal lens so there's so much sharp detail to handle in the movement. The Osmo only has 60 Mbit/sec bitrate so will get blocking when panning across detailed seen. On top of that the Vimeo compression is pretty brutal. I watched your film in 4K on a retina mac and would say it looked fine, as good as I would expect from Vimeo streaming. I would have to look pretty hard to see the blocking. And the Vimeo compression is far more damaging than the Osmo low bitrate, also the Vimeo compression struggles a lot more with detailed scene panning as well. But as for the Osmo, you're going to get some blocking on the foliage, same with the X5 at only 60Mbit/sec.
2016-5-12
Use props
ChicagoVideogra
lvl.2

United States

Thanks rj. Yes, plus the viewer will be watching the water, it's just my way of testing a new camera, I often will pan on a wide shot perpendicular to a brick building, leave on wide blowing in the wind, etc.

Also, I am new to 4K so perhaps this is a lot to shove down Vimeo's throat. All in all I am fairly satisfied. What do we expect for $650 anyway?
2016-5-12
Use props
LenMiddx
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Are you getting the same results when you look at the video locally i.e. on your iMac straight out of the camera?

When you exported from FCP, what did you export it as?

Is there someway that you can make the clip available in its original form (e.g. dropbox) so that we can take a look at it and see what we can do?

2016-5-13
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello!
If there's anything wrong with your video, we would like to look at your original files for a judgement.
Thanks!
2016-5-14
Use props
ChicagoVideogra
lvl.2

Hi Adela,

if you look at the video, please look at the green bushes behind the water. That bad effect is called blocking. Is that normal for the Osmo?
2016-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules