Prop threading problem
1224 6 2015-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stevejg16
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29001916 ft
United States

One of my props is not like the others. I can free spin 3 of my props down, they bottom out, then I hold the motor and hand snug the prop, maybe getting a 1/4 inch(ish) of tightening before they're as tight as they are getting. One of my props (black) free spins, stops, then I can hold the motor and get three or more full rotations of tightening and never bottoms out like the other three.

I contacted DJI through Live Chat and got an immediate reply asking for a video. I sent the video and am now waiting for a reply.

By the way, none of my "spare set" of props have that problem.
2015-1-18
Use props
The Colonel
lvl.4

United States

I have gotten a few shipped to me for my phantom like that threw it away...Wouldn't thread.
2015-1-18
Use props
mjdmike
lvl.3

United States

I have the same issue (almost), however, it's one of the motors that doesn't seat the props like the other three.  But in my case, the props will seat tightly.  I tried other props and get the same result, so it's likely the motor on mine.

2015-1-18
Use props
The Colonel
lvl.4

United States

wow not good. Mike
2015-1-18
Use props
stevejg16
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29001916 ft
United States

DJI Customer Support sent me an email requesting Serial Number, Purcahsing Agent, etc.

DJI's Chat Support has been accessible and communicated in a timely manor.
2015-1-18
Use props
kp.iwsltd
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

could this be one of the reasons props are coming off in flight?
2015-1-18
Use props
AshInspire1
lvl.3

United Kingdom

i had the exact same thing, when i first got it all 4 would tighten down nicely with a flick then a hand tighten to check, few flights ago i noticed it went tight 3/4's down and i now have to hold the motor while doing about 4 more turns. It is also a black prop aswell
2015-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules