Upgraded to 2.8.1 now can't connect
1039 15 2016-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
greyson
New

United States

Hello, I updated my DJI Go app to 2.8.1. Since the upgrade I am no longer able to connect my Inspire 1 to the app on my iPhone 6S Plus 128GB. Below are all troubleshooting steps I have performed. Any suggestions? Tonight I will be trying another device

1. Opened up DJI GO app on phone
2. Powered on remote
3. Powered on Inspire 1
4. Waiting for both devices to connect then plug in phone into controller.
5. Phone vibrates indicating connection is made
6. DJI GO app never connects.

After I tried rebooting everything including the phone and trying again multiple times with no success, I have tried the following with no success either. And after each step I repeated the steps above.

1. Verified that I'm logged into the DJI GO app
2. Cleared all cache in the app
2. Deleted the app from my iPhone 6S Plus and reinstalled and logged into the app again.

Any help on this would be great.
2016-5-13
Use props
snathla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

What I've done and heard in the forum is to uninstall the app and re-install. Before doing this make sure you sync your flight records and do a local backup of the iPhone so you have the records. Hope it helps
2016-5-13
Use props
greyson
New

United States

snathla@gmail.c Posted at 2016-5-13 22:34
What I've done and heard in the forum is to uninstall the app and re-install. Before doing this make ...

Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried this as my last ditch effort to get it to work and that failed also.
2016-5-13
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello greyson, do you change the lightning cables or reset your iphone to factory via iTunes? Besides, do other android devices work?
2016-5-13
Use props
greyson
New

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-14 02:49
Hello greyson, do you change the lightning cables or reset your iphone to factory via iTunes? Beside ...

I have tried multiple cables. I only tried 1 phone. I haven't powered the drone on for a little while and wondering if it might be firmware related. How can I check firmware version on AC since it's not connecting to DJI GO app. I believe I have version 1.3 on it. Would it hurt if I just downloaded the latest and attempted to upgrade to that? Or do I have to upgrade to 1.4 then 1.7 then 1.8?
2016-5-14
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

First go to post # 9 and try that first, see if you can get  the Go app working this way ....................Then if that dont work read on.   

I would borrow another ( make sure compatible, like I pad air )  device from a friend and download the Go app, if still no joy then you may have a damaged USB port on the RC Transmitter.  

I for one do not unplug my coiled up USB cable that plugs into my RC Transmitter and I pad, It seems those who plug and unplug the cord get some issues.

I would do a visual inspection of the USB Port on the RC to see if any obvious problems, there seem to have been a sudden burst of failures lately.

You may have to re- install the 9.3.1 update on your phone as well, be sure to do it through  Itunes , this I heard  helps.  

Good Luck - donnie

2016-5-14
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

greyson@aeriala Posted at 2016-5-14 07:21
I have tried multiple cables. I only tried 1 phone. I haven't powered the drone on for a little wh ...

Greyson , You can try to update and see if it helps, I really think the problem is with your phone update etc.  I would first borrow another device and see if it works, only then would I do the update.  You need to solve one problem first.

If you do update please read my tips page. It is also imperative that you load the aircraft  Update first and then the RC transmitter.  You can jump from 1.3 to 1.8, I recommend that you stay up to date in the future, these large jumps seem to cause  issues, I think it is mosly because pilots forget how to do it.  Please make sure when you update the Aircraft the  RC TRANSMITTER IS OFF ...... AND WHEN UPDATING THE TRANSMITTER THAT THE AIRCRAFT IS OFF.

-also if you update ,the batteries will have to be updated as well, just place the next pack in the slot after a Successful downlaod of the aircraft and the battery pack .  

I am going to leave a link to my tips page as well, please read it before doing an update, it will take 3 minutes to read.

Below are some of the BIGGIES :

- do  not use a mac to format the sd card  BEFORE DOWNLOADING THE BIN FILE .
- make sure you have nothing on the SD card but the latest Bin file for the update
- triple check that you have the correct download, do not use the downlaod for the Pro Inspire, the numbers are the same but different data.

THE LINK IS IN NEXT POST FOR UPDATING TIPS FROM DONNIE, FOR SOME REASON WOULD NOT LOAD ON THIS POST.
Good luck - donnie

2016-5-14
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

TIPS LINK FROM DONNIE :

http://forum.dji.com/thread-45630-1-1.html
2016-5-14
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

greyson@aeriala Posted at 2016-5-14 07:21
I have tried multiple cables. I only tried 1 phone. I haven't powered the drone on for a little wh ...

Also do not power on the go app like you are doing:

First power on the RC Transmitter
Next power on the Aircraft
Last open the Go App- the device ( I phone ) can be on but  DO NOT OPEN GO APP TILL LAST

This may be the problem.

Let me know - donnie
2016-5-14
Use props
greyson
New

United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-5-14 09:25
Also do not power on the go app like you are doing:

First power on the RC Transmitter

Alright, Thanks for the tips! Here are some updates.

I tried my iPad Pro and that lets me get into the camera mode just fine. But still having issues.

I updated AC to latest firmware. 1.8.1 via SD. Now on the GO app it says RC connection lost.

If I go into the about page it shows the RC version is 1.5.70. But under aircraft status and overall status it says "Normal" and that no updates are available. I'm sure some of my issues are related to firmware mismatch.

I have tried to put the 1.8.1 firmware on USB drive that is formatted FAT32 and plug into RC but that did not update the firmware.
Also, I tried my second remote which updated the firmware on that remote to 1.5.70 also. So I think that is the latest version. The problem is the amber light is rapidly flashing on AC and I have no controls. Can't put it into travel mode or anything. On the remote control the left stick left right moves camera just slightly left and right.
2016-5-14
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

greyson@aeriala Posted at 2016-5-14 10:05

I tried my iPad Pro and that lets me get into ...

YOU DO NOT USE THE SAME UPDATE FOR THE RC AND AIRCRAFT , THEY ARE DIFFERENT, THE AIRCRAFT IS ON VERSION 1.8 AND THE RC TRANSMITTER IS ON 1.6
i HAVE THE FILES YOU NEED TO GET UP TO DATE.   1.57 ON THE Rc IS A MATCH FOR 1.7 ON THE3 AIRCRAFT.
The above is super important to get it to work !!

You must load 1.6 via the go app or I will give you a link for the Thumb drive on the RC.

If you are on 1.8 on the AC you must load 1.6 to the RC.

The link will say "For Bricked RC " but it has the file needed for the RC.

You can also use the Go app with  internet access to load 1.6.  You are aware of this correct.

So at least you know now that when you use the I pad it works, so you know the phone is the issue.  

Get the RC updated and you will be good to go.

link in next post.

Donnie

2016-5-14
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

greyson@aeriala Posted at 2016-5-14 10:05

I tried my iPad Pro and that lets me get into ...

http://forum.dji.com/thread-47572-1-1.html
2016-5-14
Use props
greyson
New

United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-5-14 12:07
YOU DO NOT USE THE SAME UPDATE FOR THE RC AND AIRCRAFT , THEY ARE DIFFERENT, THE AIRCRAFT IS ON VER ...

Thanks so much! That worked! Not sure why this isn't on the downloads section of DJI. Or why the GO app didn't tell me I had an update. But after downloading this and updating it via flash drive, it worked great.

Thanks for the help @Donnie
2016-5-14
Use props
mian.shamoon
lvl.1

United States

I having the same problem as greyson. when i connect any device to my inspire 1 nothing happens. For instance, i connected my iphone and battery symbol lights up, then it goes off, and all it says inside the go app is "how to connect". When I connect my ipad air 2, the same happens the battery symbol lights up, then goes off, but it seems to connect and open the camera view.  My ipad shows inside the go app that the rc is on 1.6.0 and the ac is on 1.8.01.00 I thought it first it could be a faulty usb port on the rc, but I got a second rc and its still happening. Can someone please help me?
2016-5-14
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

mian.shamoon Posted at 2016-5-14 14:43
I having the same problem as greyson. when i connect any device to my inspire 1 nothing happens. For ...

There have been many problems with the latest update on the I pads, I would delete the GO app , delete and re- install 9.3.1 through I tunes and then re load the go app.
To start ,maybe just delete and re- install go app , then if this dont work do the above.

-make sure you have changed cables as these are often the culprit as well.

this is a known problem, good luck , let me know if this helps- donnie
2016-5-15
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

greyson@aeriala Posted at 2016-5-14 13:22
Thanks so much! That worked! Not sure why this isn't on the downloads section of DJI. Or why the G ...

My pleasure !

donnie                                    
2016-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules