Phantom 3 Standard Warranty
8311 8 2016-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
prestonk25
lvl.1
Flight distance : 119639 ft
United States

Hi, my Phantom 3 Standard recently crashed and it wasn't my fault. I emailed DJI support (the US location) but haven't heard back. I was wondering how I can properly claim warranty and how long it will take to send it in and get fixed. I have a wedding coming up soon and would love to have it back by then. It would be shipping from Iowa. Thank you.
2016-5-13
Use props
cjtelligman
lvl.1

United States

I sent mine off for repair under warranty as well and it looks as though it may take a while. Your best bet may be to purchase another Phantom in the meantime if you're in a pinch to film this wedding.
2016-5-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

If you had received an email saying that a "Ticket has been opened to assist you", could you please provide the 6 digit ticket number and I could check for any reponses.

Otherwise you could always reach out to the Technical Support Chat system or call the North America office to get started with a RMA. You can find out more information in the link below:

http://www.dji.com/support

Right now they are estimating 1-2 week turnaround time.
2016-5-13
Use props
prestonk25
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-5-13 11:06
If you had received an email saying that a "Ticket has been opened to assist you", could you please  ...

I recently received a response to my first email, thank you. I am now wondering though, what specifically is covered in the warranty? Because I know the crash wasn't my fault and am assuming it was something with the GPS, thank you.
2016-5-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

prestonk25 Posted at 2016-5-14 03:09
I recently received a response to my first email, thank you. I am now wondering though, what speci ...

I'm glad to hear that you're on your way to getting the situation taken care of. You can actually review the details of the warranty in the link below:

http://www.dji.com/service

There is also a chart of the warranty period for the Phantom 3 series so that you can get an idea of whether or not the parts that were damaged are still within their respective time frame. The repair technicians would be throrough with their evaluation when determining warranty claims. I hope you back in the air soon!
Warranty Period Chart P3.PNG
2016-5-13
Use props
darrenmcdermid1
New

United Kingdom

can you direct me in the correct place to get mine looked at, my drone lost connection and flew into trees, its never been right since buying it and feel it should be replaced
2016-5-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

darrenmcdermid1 Posted at 2016-5-16 04:38
can you direct me in the correct place to get mine looked at, my drone lost connection and flew into ...

Since you're in the UK, the best contact information for Europe support is support.eu@dji.com
2016-5-16
Use props
prestonk25
lvl.1

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-5-14 04:06
I'm glad to hear that you're on your way to getting the situation taken care of. You can actually  ...

Hi, specifically my crash happened because the drone did not fly to the designated RTH altitude which I had set at 120m ~ 390ft. Would this situation be covered by warranty? And yes all my parts are within the warranty timeframe!
2016-5-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

prestonk25 Posted at 2016-5-16 23:13
Hi, specifically my crash happened because the drone did not fly to the designated RTH altitude wh ...

Without looking at your flight data, I wouldn't be able to guarantee that it would be covered under warranty. There can be a lot of factors, user error and non user error, that could have caused the incident, however the Repair team would let you know if it was a non warranty repair early on in the RMA process.
2016-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules