FIRMWARE FIX
841 4 2016-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Captain Bo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3 ft
  • >>>

Okay gang i fix the firmware problem for all the birds that have been down for several days.  By now everyone knows DJI and Apple have been working slowly on this and the problem is because of the RC update to 1.6.0.  However no one on the forum as had a temporary solution so we can be flying again until these guys fix the updates to work.

This is what i did:  I disconnected my Apple Mini 4 and busted out my Andriod phone and linked it up to the controller which was now showing 1.6.0 where as before it said Unknown on the IOS device.  I downloaded the RC back to 1.5.80 and wha la it started the bird.  I then was able to re hook up my Apple mini 4 back again and it worked, started the bird and it was NO longer flashing " RC Signal Lost ".   Cheee

Fly Gang and no worries about the updates anymore.   If your bird is flying fine "DO NOT UPDATE ANY FIRMWARE".  Just FLY baby. Just my opinion!!!

Hope this helps...

2016-5-14
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can't see this as being a fix, we need DJI to fix the issue not to start trying IOS or Andriod devices
2016-5-14
Use props
waynekathy7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175492 ft
United States

It appears switching to anther platform allowed the software to get past the glitch.
2016-5-14
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

I was under impression u CANNOT pair an aircraft on 1.8.80 and RC 1.58, you have to be either 1.8.80 and 1.6.0 or for rc 1.5.8, the bird needs to be on 1.7.60. so what you just stated does not seem to make sense. Can you confirm all the pieces as far as firmware right now, while it is working for you?
2016-5-14
Use props
msteinmann
New

Switzerland

It worked for my camera tilting problem once, but after the second try nothing worked out again. But now at least I am sure it is a RC problem. My RC Version is N/A and via the Dji Assistant I can't do a firmware upgrade on my RC!
2016-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules