firmware update help
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DMB2015
lvl.2

Canada

Trying to update but can't copy the bin file over to the SD card.  I am currently running APP v 2.8.1 ,  AC v 1.5.30+,  RC v 1.5.70 .  I am trying to up to the v 1.8.80.  I have downloaded the zip file to the computer then open it which changes it to a bin file.  When i try to copy the bin file over to the SD card  (which I just previously formatted) I get the following message: The Finder can’t complete the operation because some data in “P3S_FW_V01.08.0080.bin” can’t be read or written.(Error code -36)
i'm using macbook air.

any help would be appreciated, thankyou

2016-5-14
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello DMB2015, hope this link could help you :
http://www.macyourself.com/2010/ ... en-copying-folders/
2016-5-15
Use props
DMB2015
lvl.2

Canada

Thanks for this Paladin. I will give it a try, however I tried to do an update via  PC (Windows) and no luck either, so I don't think it is a Mac issue.  I have tried to update to v 1.7.0060  and v 1.8.80 with no luck. The error messages I get keep saying the file is corrupt and to download it again from the DJI website.
2016-5-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

DMB2015 Posted at 2016-5-16 23:04
Thanks for this Paladin. I will give it a try, however I tried to do an update via  PC (Windows) and ...

Sorry you are having an issue, there is nothing wrong with the download as I have just downloaded the Advanced 1.7 and 1.8 firmware and there are no issues.
You are using the this page correct?  http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3-adv/info#downloads

You have formatted the SD card as well correct?
And have you tired a different SD card?
2016-5-16
Use props
DMB2015
lvl.2

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-16 08:24
Sorry you are having an issue, there is nothing wrong with the download as I have just downloaded  ...

Hi Ken  

Yes I downloaded from the DJI site using at the P3A download page

I did format the card as well.

I just did an update via DJI GO  

So I went from:

APP v 2.3.0
AC v 1.5.30+
RC v 1.5.70

now

APP  v2.8.1
AC  v 1.6.40
RC v 1.6.0

Now the RC will not connect with the AC  is says I need to update the firmware, but that is were I am stuck because when I try, I keep getting an Error message saying the file is corrupt.  I have tried doing the update  via PC Windows and Mac with no luck.
2016-5-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

DMB2015 Posted at 2016-5-17 00:11
Hi Ken  

Your RC is updated to the most current firmware but the aircraft is 2 updates behind.
Try one more time, format the SD card (or another one) with the 1.8 ZIP file, then after downloading to the computer, open the ZIP file and copy the BIN file to the SD card. If you get error messages trying to put the BIN file onto the SD card then it's something with the card or your computer as I have verified that there's nothing wrong with the BIN file.
2016-5-16
Use props
DMB2015
lvl.2

Canada

DMB2015 Posted at 2016-5-16 09:11
Hi Ken  

correction current firmware now shows:

App  v 2.8.1
AC  v 1.5.30+
RC  v 1.6.0

Have not tried a new card yet.  Card seemed to be fine before, had video and images no issues. Have deleted and formatted.
2016-5-16
Use props
DMB2015
lvl.2

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-16 09:15
Your RC is updated to the most current firmware but the aircraft is 2 updates behind.
Try one more ...

Hi Ken and Paladin

Well I think I got it done. Steps taken:  Formatted SD card.  Downloaded zip file, opened to bin.  I copied (some previous attempts I was moving or dragging) the bin file and pasted it into the root directory of the SD card.  Once done, placed back into AC, ran update.  The text result did have a much of fails, saying the file was corrupt, but the last one on the list said successful.  

Current versions:
App v 2.8.1
AC v 1.8.80
RC v 1.6.0

Did some test flights and everything seems to be in order.  Happy to be back in the air again!

So, I am still not sure what was going wrong.  Would download speed have anything to do with it? Our internet connection here is brutally slow. For example I can not watch 1080p Youtube videos as it takes way too long to download. Even the 480 is painfully slow.

Thanks for the response and input, nice to have someone to help.  Cheers.
2016-5-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

DMB2015 Posted at 2016-5-17 10:10
Hi Ken and Paladin

Well I think I got it done. Steps taken:  Formatted SD card.  Downloaded zip  ...

Glad you finally got updated, I think your internet was the problem.
If there are even tiny interruptions it can corrupt some of the data packets and not give a clean BIN file.
2016-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules