Unable to update controller
4420 27 2016-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
seanjkil
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4892 ft

United States

I just got the Advance. I updated the drone via SD card successfully to the latest firmware.  I downloaded the DJI GO app on my iphone 6s, I plug in the usd cord to my cell and controller, turn on controller and I get no option to upgrade firmware.  I reached a page by holding down the graduation hat that says;  Product: GL 300 RC, current version unknow, Get Firmware Version Failed, Select Firmware and the only option in none.    In the about section it states 'unkown' for firmware version for the controller.  If I turn on the drone its says RC Signal Lost.  

I've spent several hours with no luck, getting ready to return this product.  Any advice?  Thanks
2016-5-14
Use props
j_schekman
lvl.1

United States

It's happened to a number of us...hopefully DJI helps us out soon. I've had my Phantom since September.
2016-5-14
Use props
seanjkil
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4892 ft

United States

j_schekman Posted at 2016-5-14 20:53
It's happened to a number of us...hopefully DJI helps us out soon. I've had my Phantom since Septemb ...

Looks like in the past  one would update the controller via usb stick, did they take that option away?

2016-5-14
Use props
joakim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 149078 ft
Sweden

I am having the same problem. I got my P3 Pro two days ago. Upgraded the firmware by putting it on the card. I have today looking for a solution for 8 ours.

The app version is 2.8.1. I can control the camera and every thing works except "RC Signal lost". If I check "Overall status" it is just a blank page.

Please help!
2016-5-15
Use props
Arctic man
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140164 ft
Canada

Same problem here, I even tried down grading it did not work for me
2016-5-15
Use props
luiz.lafosse
New

France

same here. DJI please solve this....
2016-5-15
Use props
k_lafortune
New

United States

luiz.lafosse Posted at 2016-5-16 02:30
same here. DJI please solve this....

Having same issue.
2016-5-15
Use props
npaulini
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8140387 ft
  • >>>

hi I'm 60 days in with my P3A and all I did to update the controller was used a USB thumb drive with the same bin file as the drone.  
the next update I did for the controller I used my iPhone and had no issues.
2016-5-15
Use props
npaulini
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8140387 ft
  • >>>

Load the bin file with a USB thumb drive and not with your mobile device for the first time
2016-5-15
Use props
dlsmith
New

United States

I'm having the same issue with my controller. I can't get it to load the firmware with xD card nor USB stick. I even tried connecting it to the drone via USB cable, nothing. Everything worked until I updated the Phantom 3 Pro firmware, but the controller will not take it. Now I get a RC link error and the app can not get the firmware version.
2016-5-15
Use props
Vinc.delarue
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95522 ft

Same issue for me.
2016-5-15
Use props
no3dalefan
New

Ireland

Had all the same issues, controller refused to update or recognize it needed to update. Finally swapped my Ipad mini for my android LG G3 smartphone. SUCCESS! Now the Go app shows the 1.6.0 update and updated just fine. All is happy now. Swapped back to my Ipad and is still all good. So, if you're having trouble getting the controller to update, try a different mobile device. Worked for me.
2016-5-15
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft

There is an known issues on Apple devices where you can control the craft but not see through the camera or at times have RC and App connect.  Try a reset via iTunes (not reset on the iPhone or iPad)..  Have heard it fix a lot more than one person's issues with IOS devices and DJI Go app.  Make a backup first, but the reset has to go through iTunes.  DJI is working with Apple on it and that was the Apple recommendation.  Hope it helps..  My iPhone was fine, but iPad wouldn't talk to app.. now it does.  :-)
2016-5-15
Use props
patroutbum
New

United States

I have the same problem. My second P3A arrived two days ago. I spent the entire day today trying to get it to communicate with the RC. May have made the mistake of updating the firmware in the aircraft, which went well, but it's been all down hill since them.

Firmware for the RC does nothing. No blue light, no txt file just red and eventually starts to beep. I've tried the microSD card through an adapter, downloaded it to a thumb drive and connected through the aircraft. Downloaded another copy and tried all three ways again then went back and repeated each one. Doesn't work. Updating through DJI GO doesn't show anything about a firmware update being required although for some reason DJI GO sometimes thinks I have a Phantom 4. I have a "B" model RC so I tried to run the thing without an update and got nothing but frustration.

I go through the connect procedure and it seems happy for a few seconds at most although the yellow flashing lights never go out. I can use and move the camera and control the gimbal. Reads the GPS fine and it tracks it if I walk around with it. But the yellow lights flash and the "RC Signal Lost" doesn't go away so it's a very expensive paperweight that can shoot video. Very disappointed in DJI. Would really appreciate it if they would fix this.
2016-5-15
Use props
ray1193
lvl.1

I am having the exact issue as patroutbum. I have had my p3p since November of 2015. This is the first issue I have had after a firmware update. I sure hope someone at Dji helps us figure this out soon
2016-5-15
Use props
jvkbig
lvl.2

United States

ok so can i use the same bin file from the drone to up date my controller
2016-5-15
Use props
patroutbum
New

United States

"ok so can i use the same bin file from the drone to up date my controller"

That's the way it's supposed to work but there seems to be a problem. If you have a system that works I sure wouldn't try to update it.
2016-5-16
Use props
kristopharian
New
United States

Having the same problem... RC Signal Lost...firmware update failed on the controller the first time and now it doesn't show any update available.  I've tried all the same things that other posters here mention.
2016-5-16
Use props
robvelez
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had this problem and was able to resolve it. First, a little background on my setup and update process...

I have a P3 Adv (P3A) using an iPad Mini 2. I updated the aircraft first with v1.8.80. iPad in my home had the latest DJI Go app. When I started the app, it did not show any necessary updates and so when I connected it to the aircraft, it displayed the RC signal lost message. When I went back to the main screen and held down the Academy button for more than 10 seconds, it did not show the RC version even though I was connected to my wifi network. Luckily I have my iPhone 6S which has the DJI Go app and did the same process, only this time when I held the Academy button for more than 10 secs, it showed the RC version as 1.5.8. I was able to "downgrade" and update it, then after doing that it repeating this process, I was able to update to v1.6.0. Now I do not see the RC signal lost message.

So for those reading this and getting this same result, if you have access to a different device/tablet, I would suggest trying it and hope the controller is detected so that you can update your RC firmware version.
2016-5-16
Use props
patroutbum
New

I have the same equipment pretty much - iPad Mini 3 and iPhone 6S. The iPhone does not have the DJI GO App at all and I've been trying to use the the iPad as the display. I'll try it with the iPhone in a bit but I suspect if I put the App from the Apple store on the iPhone I'll get the same result as with the iPad Mini. Maybe I'm missing something here.
2016-5-16
Use props
jvkbig
lvl.2

United States

OK thanks everybody for your help I was about to put a gun to head trying to figure this out,what i did was hook up my old glax tab and it asked for a update which it did to 1.6 after download and reboot it connected to bird and for the first time in days i got to hear the sound of the motors fire up.I then powered down everything and hooked up my iPhone and it worked fine. everything seem ok flew for about 25 min. and i got my friend back so
if anyone has same problem try this it worked for me again thanks everybody
2016-5-16
Use props
patroutbum
New

United States

jvkbig Posted at 2016-5-16 20:37
OK thanks everybody for your help I was about to put a gun to head trying to figure this out,what i  ...

Glad for you jvkbig. Unfortunately I'm still screwed. Tried using my iPhone 6S and a fresh copy of the app with no joy what so ever. Can't get rid of the dropped communications error. The signal strength indicator even shows only two bars with the aircraft and remote within a couple feet of each other.

Does DJI monitor this forum or do I need to contact them live in some fashion? Maybe just send it back to Amazon.....
2016-5-16
Use props
jvkbig
lvl.2

United States

have you tried a android device, i think the real problem is the way the app downloads to the rc.my app on iPhone said 1.5.7 not 1.6 on my tab. it seams its the way apple downloads the app
2016-5-17
Use props
patroutbum
New

United States

jvkbig Posted at 2016-5-17 06:46
have you tried a android device, i think the real problem is the way the app downloads to the rc.my  ...

Don't have a true Android device, just Apple stuff and a couple Fires which is an Android eunuch. One more day and I won't have this P3A either....
2016-5-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Ensure that your iOS is updated to 9.3.2, as it has been fixing most of the connectivity/communication issues with Apple products. If you have not updated yet, restore your mobile device first before upgrading to 9.3.2 for best effects.

DJI-Ken has a thread with those that have similar issues that are having success with getting things up and running. http://forum.dji.com/thread-52174-1-1.html

2016-5-17
Use props
patroutbum
New

United States

OK. After many hours I eventually stumbled on a way to get the RC updated. I had been through the process of RC updating numerous times trying all the ways I had read about to make it work to no avail. One last time I sat with the instructions from DJI's website and went step by step.

Their "suggested" approach is with DJI GO and looks like:  DJI GO App > Camera View > System Status bar > Overall Status This should say a firmware update is required for the RC but it was blank on mine. I also tried the SD/USB card, through the AC, etc. which it seems is a waste of time as those approaches don't work once you reach a certain RC firmware level according to a note in the instructions.

Went back and tried the DJI GO way one more time which still didn't work. But, I wondered what would happen if I had the AC powered on, the RC powered on, DJI GO running and connected then deleted and re-installed the DJI GO app. Deleted it, re-installed it and started it. First thing it says as "RC Firmware Must Be Updated - Wait right There". It said it would take ten minutes but I would guess it was a little over two (100 Mbps LAN). Said to turn everything off then back on and son-of-a-bitch if it doesn't work perfectly. "Safe To Fly", motors fire up and everything.

Hope this helps someone else.
2016-5-17
Use props
jvkbig
lvl.2

United States

great glad to hear that i am glad you got your drone back
2016-5-17
Use props
tropicaltico
New
United States

My Phantom is a dust collector. What a bunch of crap!..
I would have never bought ti if I knew it was a NANNY DRONE.
I don't need help with when and where to fly anything.
DJI obviously has bunch of control freak IT Geeks  that need a job.
2017-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules