Strange Person taking pics of me while I fly my inspire?
1231 11 2016-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jrueth
lvl.2

Hello all,
I just wanted to share a ranter disturbing experience I had today, or rather yesterday (12:08).  I headed up to my local park and went to a non-crowded area to fly my inspire.  After going through a few batteries I notices a black pickup truck stop.  The inspire was off in the distance so the driver could not have been looking at the drone.  He stayed there for awhile until I came back to land.  When I brought the inspire back down the guy took a picture of me and then crouched in the bushes behind me and took more pics.  NONE were of the drone, all of me.  I got some of it on video, not the part where he hid in the bushes.  That was after I landed and took out the battery.  My guesses are as follows:

a. He wanted to report me for who knows what
b. He wanted to try to steal it
c. Creep who wanted pics of me

Please let me know if you have had any similar experiences or if you have any guesses as to what he was doing.

You can view the video I took at this link if you wish, I made it public:
https://www.facebook.com/jeremy.rueth

2016-5-14
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

Maybe because you were flying in a reckless manner over a heavily built up area and busy roads he thought he should report you.  Not a bad idea really.  Oh and you appear to have gone BVLOS as well.
2016-5-15
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe he was a pervert and liked the way your butt looked?? Who tf knows. There's some strange people out there.
2016-5-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

I could also be one of the homeowners whose home you flew over.
2016-5-15
Use props
gybo102
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

LOL, I wonder if the OP gets the point.
2016-5-15
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I think he was just trying to make a point, like , " How do you like have your picture taken without approval "  People think that we can zoom in on there windows and  take a peek.  No worries , Next time just call Him or Her over and be cool with him, most folks are nice if you are nice to them.  That is my policy, I am as nice as could be UNLESS you cross me, then all bets are off.

Donnie
2016-5-15
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

Looks to me that there were two people filming each other from behind each others backs, without either ones permission?

Like Donnie says, call him over, show him what you're doing. Most people are ok with "drones". The main reason for not liking them is normally because they don't know what you're up to.
2016-5-15
Use props
str1776
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22530 ft
  • >>>
United States

You will not know unless you ask
Hey how is it going ? Everything ok I hope I'm not bothering you Let me know if this is  imposing on you this is my hobby and I get great aerial photos up there .
That's all  no secrets no  hiding anything.  Upfront and honest . There is a lot of Suspecting people out there, on the edge. Break the silence engage with a hello
your ok.
2016-5-15
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-5-15 09:08
I think he was just trying to make a point, like , " How do you like have your picture taken wi ...

Agree with Donnie......  this is exactly what I try to do too. most of the time you make new friends that are very interested in trying one for themselves... but don't tell you that

Rich
2016-5-16
Use props
jrueth
lvl.2

Actually I believe I have solved the mystery.  I saw the truck the next day parked by a greenhouse.  Im guessing he saw me fly over his greenhouse and followed it back.  Why he took the pics is still unknown to me but thats his problem not mine.
2016-5-16
Use props
MrSilicon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6693586 ft
Australia

jrueth Posted at 2016-5-17 06:58
Actually I believe I have solved the mystery.  I saw the truck the next day parked by a greenhouse.  ...

Can you legally fly over other peoples property where you're from? If not then it might very well become your problem at some point.
2016-5-17
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

jrueth Posted at 2016-5-16 17:58
Actually I believe I have solved the mystery.  I saw the truck the next day parked by a greenhouse.  ...

I would just go talk to the dude and  show him the equipment  and that you have no ill intent, He may think you are from like Monsanto, they can actually fly over farms and tell by UV light signature if you are using there seed.

OR - Maybe he is growing weed in the Green house and you gave him  a fright !!

donnie

2016-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules