Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Z15 GH4 Vibration issues
2118 7 2016-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marco-strauss
New

Hello Guys,

I am using a DJI S1000+ with A2, Lightbridge One, and Zenmuse Z15 GH4.
In beginning of April in 2016 I sent the Zenmuse to DJI because of a Video issue. Before I sent the Gimbal back for repairing the Video issue the Gimbal was stable and without any other Problem, it still worked fine.
After I got the Gimbal back from DJI the Video issue is fixed, but now still having new Problems with Vibrations .
The Zenmuse is initialising normal and when initialising is finished the Gimbal starts to vibrate and making a lot of Noise.
I can Stop the Vibrations only when tipping with fingers on the lens down or up. Without fingers on the lens, it starts to vibrate again.
I tryed different lenses, with all lenses the problem is still the same, also with the OLYMPUS M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12mm f2.0 lens!

Before I send the Gimbal to DJI for repair the Video problem I could use some different lenses on the Z15-GH4 ( With nearly the same Weight and balanced )

I have the same problem as you can see in this Video ( and part 2 )
The vibration problem is also with the OLYMPUS M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12mm f2.0 lens!

How can I fix the PID problem? Is there a way to do this by my self?

Thanks and Best Regards,
Marco
2016-5-15
Use props
timonroecg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 156401 ft
United States

The caption in your video reads...  "First thing to know, I want to shoot with another lens than the Olympus 12mm ED.  For this I have removed the lens lock part."

If you put this back on and use the DJI supported Olympus M.Zuiko lens, and make sure the lens retaining ring screw is tightened, do you still get the vibrations?

When you send the gimbal to DJI for repair I'm sure they're using the supported configuration when making repairs / adjustments.

If it worked before this you may have been just getting lucky.

I've had similar problems... take a look at this thread for details.
2016-5-15
Use props
marco-strauss
New

Hi,

"If you put this back on and use the DJI supported Olympus M.Zuiko lens, and make sure the lens retaining ring screw is tightened, do you still get the vibrations?"

yes, the vibriation comes in any case, it does not matter which lens is mounted. The Gimbal vibrates with the supported lens Olympus M.Zuiko, too. When using other lenses I am balancing the gimbal. That is the principle, the correct CG for Camera on Gimbal.

But I do not loosen Screws on Gimbal to balance the Gimbal, just added weight on the focusring of the lens. The other lens is 60gramms lighter than the Olympus M.Zuiko lens.
But that doesn't matter, the Vibrations are also with the supported Olympus M.Zuiko lens.

Regards,
Marco
2016-5-15
Use props
adam
lvl.2
United States

While I've been able to fix problems like this on the horizontal/roll axis by loosening the screw that holds it in place and adjusting and re-tightening and testing, and repeating until solved, I'm sure this can be done on the tilt axis too but don't have any experience to help you through which screw(s) to work with or the nuances of tilt vs roll.  But fixing this should be as simple as fixing the roll axis, so I'd start with these adjustments there before going through the hassle of shipping it back.

If you try this make sure after loosening the tilt axis screw that you only move it in very small increments (couple millimeters) at a time and then be sure to re-tighten the screw before testing.

The only reason to use counter-balance weights are for non-standard lenses or filters, as I have done when adding an polarizing filter.

Good luck!
2016-5-18
Use props
marco-strauss
New

Germany

Hello Adam,

Thanks for reply and Information.
I will try what you have written.

I have found a better Video with exactly the same Problem:
But what is causing such a problem? Mounting issue? A tense in the tilt axis? Wrong setup for PID controller?

I am wondering about that. Before I send the Gimbal to DJI to repair the Video issue, it was working awesome for many many flights and videos for over 18 months.

Also have opend a support ticket by DJI, but no reaction.
2016-5-18
Use props
COBRA [project]
lvl.1
Flight distance : 742028 ft
Russia

On this video lens ring is not installed. I had the same issue, tried to balance camera, but the best result is when the balance is wrong (front side flip), but no vibration on the motor. You can try mounting camera with lens ring in the "most front" position (just get it to the front till the end).
2016-5-19
Use props
marco-strauss
New

Germany

Hi, Lens ring is installed in this video, but not fixed with screw.
But it has no affect to the problem if the screw is fixed or not.
I tryed that by my self. Also adding some weight to the lens, that kamera is falling to the front or to the back.
It is the same.
2016-5-19
Use props
marco-strauss
New

It seems I have solved the Problem. But now having next Problem
I have fixed the first problem with tighten all screws, and the Screw for the camera body should not be over-tighten. Then the Gimbal works very fine, with the supportet and with other non supported lenses.
After that I tried to correct the crooked Horizon of the roll axis. I have loosen the screws of the motor shaft and corrected the position, tightend the screws, and now this is what happend:

Now the gimbal does not initializing. The roll axis moves as usual from one to the other end positions, then it stops with a crooked horizon. ( about 20° ).
The Pan- and Tilt axis are not initializing. The Pan axis rotates continuously  in one direction, and the TILT axis is moving continuously from one end position to the other end position.

I'll go crazy with that Gimbal.

But now DJI has reacted to my support ticket.

2016-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules