Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi all,

I just experienced my first crash with the Phantom 4 and it appears the craft had an error,  but I would like to know if it is something I did wrong.

I've been trying to figure out how to export the flight log (from DJI Go on my iPhone 6), but I don't see any options.  I want to save to a dropbox folder.

Help?

Thanks!
Matt
2016-5-15
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

You need to connect the tablet you use for FPV for the aircraft to your PC, and there will be a folder called "Flight Logs" that will have dated .txt files. Pull the .txt file off and into dropbox. If you want to analyze the flight, you can go to www.healthydrones.com or www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload and you can see exactly what the aircraft was doing/saying before your crash.
2016-5-15
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-5-15 09:10
You need to connect the tablet you use for FPV for the aircraft to your PC, and there will be a fold ...

Hi Fated.  I am on a Mac with and iPhone.  The iPhone doesn't appear like a hard drive when plugged into the Mac... so I cannot access the txt files that way.  I have no doubt there is SOME way to make this happen, but for the life of me I can't figure it out.
2016-5-15
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

Mabou2 Posted at 2016-5-15 13:08
Hi Fated.  I am on a Mac with and iPhone.  The iPhone doesn't appear like a hard drive when plugge ...

My Android tablet did the same thing, until I pulled down the notifications menu on the tablet, and clicked on "USB (for charging)" or something like that, and changed it to MTP (Media Transfer Protocol). After doing this, the IPhone will show up as a normal explorable hard drive on your Mac.
2016-5-15
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mabou2 Posted at 2016-5-15 18:08
Hi Fated.  I am on a Mac with and iPhone.  The iPhone doesn't appear like a hard drive when plugge ...

Plug your iPhone into MAC and run iTunes.

When device appears in iTunes at top of screen, click on this.

Under 'Summary' click on 'Apps'

Scroll down the main page and you'll see a section called 'file sharing', in there click on the DJI GO App, to the right you will see a list appear, in that list is a folder called 'Flight Records', click on this and then click on 'save' at the bottom of the list. This then gives you the option to save a copy of this flight record folder. Once done open up folder from the saved position and you will see all your flight record files.
2016-5-15
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Mabou2, you can export the record files in this location: 飞行记录.JPG
2016-5-15
Use props
tkestler
lvl.1

Switzerland

Aardvark Posted at 2016-5-15 19:36
Plug your iPhone into MAC and run iTunes.

When device appears in iTunes at top of screen, click on ...

Many thanks for it.

I did it just the way you explained that worked fine with me.

When I saved the records folder on my iMac I have there the logs of the last flights. So far so well, but when I open one of the files via textedit app I got these unreadable signs.

Seems that it is not correct. anybody there who can explain this?

Many thanks and regards from Switzerland
Tom

Example of the log

Example of the log

2016-5-16
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You now need to go to www.healthydrones.com OR www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload and upload your latest flight record (you may need to register on site). When information is uploaded they can decipher it into something more meaningful.
2016-5-16
Use props
tomkes
lvl.1

Switzerland

Aardvark Posted at 2016-5-16 14:33
You now need to go to www.healthydrones.com OR www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload and upload your  ...

Oh, really fast this reply.
Thanks for your explanation - i will do so.

Regards
tom
2016-5-16
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

tomkes Posted at 2016-5-16 13:35
Oh, really fast this reply.
Thanks for your explanation - i will do so.

"Oh, really fast this reply. "

Pure coincidence it beats weeding the garden
2016-5-16
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ok, I have posted my flight log to Healthy drones.  Anyone interested in trying to help me figure out why the drone crashed is more than welcome to take a look.  
http://healthydrones.com/main?share=jHRXyH

OF INTEREST:
1) Home location and altitude were properly set.
2) Near the end of the flight, just before the crash, the drone was hovering about 12' off the ground for several seconds as I talked with a friend, then when the battery hit 30% power.  I was notified that the drone was low power and was now auto landing!!... the drone began to descend straight down, I was not able to control it.  It descended into a tall bush and crashed.  In the log, you will notice that it says it is at 36' in elevation, it was far less than 36', closer to 10-12 feet.... not much above my eye level.  I was standing only a few feet away.
2016-5-19
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

At low battery of 30% it initiated return to home. Because the drone was less than 65 feet from home point it did what it is programmed to do, and that is to land at current position. It is possible to cancel the RTH , but you wouldn't have had much time.
2016-5-19
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hi Aardvark.... Thanks a bunch for the reply.

So, if I would have pressed and held the RTH button on the RC, I could have aborted RTH?  (You are right, I wouldn't have had any time in this scenario, which is bad on me that I was hovering so close to a bush... but...)

I'm even more confused now though...
1) I thought it was only supposed to initiate a failsafe RTH (basically a controlled drop out of the sky) when it was at 10% battery.  
2) I'm also surprised that it didn't shoot up to its RTH altitude before landing... 30% is quite a bit of power still.
3) Why would it instantly try to land at 30% if it is so close to home?  Seems like it would instantly RTH if it was farther away.
4) Why is RTH so accurate if the drone is farther away, but if it is within 65 feet when it hits 30% power, it will just basically drops out of the sky and doesn't even try to get near its liftoff point?
Something about this makes no sense to me... and my drone crashed because of it.

Any pointers to help me better understand the logic of this would be good.  Thanks so much.
2016-5-21
Use props
Zippo43
lvl.3
Flight distance : 387126 ft

I have finally found out that my number 4 battery at 30% will cause the drone to loose the signal and it will go in to RTH Mode....i have 4 Dji batterys and when ever i fly the others all is ok when they get to the low battery warning i got set at 30%...the critical warning is set at 10%.......I always bring the drone closer when i get the 30% warning...But i have finally determined that my number 4 battery....causes the drone to loose the RC signal and go in to RTH feature at 30% battery ! This has happened Two Times Now !.......is it the number 4 battery thats causing this issue all the other batterys fly the drone to the 20 to 25 % level and never cause it to loose signal and RTH !......is it a bug in the number 4 batterys firm ware ? and IF so how can it be fixed.....My P3 SE is still under warranty...Thanks all who help me. I am going to post the flight log for the number 4 battery tomorrow !

Looks like we  Both have the same problem !
2018-8-31
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Zippo43 Posted at 2018-8-31 06:54
I have finally found out that my number 4 battery at 30% will cause the drone to loose the signal and it will go in to RTH Mode....i have 4 Dji batterys and when ever i fly the others all is ok when they get to the low battery warning i got set at 30%...the critical warning is set at 10%.......I always bring the drone closer when i get the 30% warning...But i have finally determined that my number 4 battery....causes the drone to loose the RC signal and go in to RTH feature at 30% battery ! This has happened Two Times Now !.......is it the number 4 battery thats causing this issue all the other batterys fly the drone to the 20 to 25 % level and never cause it to loose signal and RTH !......is it a bug in the number 4 batterys firm ware ? and IF so how can it be fixed.....My P3 SE is still under warranty...Thanks all who help me. I am going to post the flight log for the number 4 battery tomorrow !

But i have finally determined that my number 4 battery....causes the drone to loose the RC signal and go in to RTH feature at 30% battery !
Are you sure you are losing signal?
Or is the battery just triggering RTH?
It would be very unlikely that the battery would have any effect on radio signal.
2018-8-31
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Zippo43 Posted at 2018-8-31 06:54

Sounds like the battery is failing, perhaps a dud cell or 2, drain the battery, put in drone and turn on the drone, let it sit till it turns off, then fully charge the battery
2018-8-31
Use props
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-5-15 05:10
You need to connect the tablet you use for FPV for the aircraft to your PC, and there will be a folder called "Flight Logs" that will have dated .txt files. Pull the .txt file off and into dropbox. If you want to analyze the flight, you can go to www.healthydrones.com or www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload and you can see exactly what the aircraft was doing/saying before your crash.

This site appears to be down. When I try to submit a file, it gives an error "connection reset" and "This site cannot be reached".
2019-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules