1699 7 2016-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
leanlinao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1495906 ft
Philippines

I've done research on inspire props.

The 1st generation spin on threaded propellers are perfect and flawless for the phantom 3 but it's totally different with the inspire 1 because the inspire 1 is much heavier and the motors are much more powerful. If you like flying hard (braking or turning or accelerating at high speed) there is a chance your spin on threaded propeller will come off even if the wind is self tightening with its prop's spin direction, the torque of the motors can still unscrew especially when you fly hard.  Prop locks still cannot ensure. Anyone who undertightens has more chances of a faster prop off and anyone who overtightens has more chances of thread wear. The correct tightness does not guarantee in hard flying.

The 1345s quick release are great but only when they have not worn yet. The prop can wear and the hub on the motor can wear. The 1345s has had the most cases of prop off due to wear and cracks from putting them on and off or having over tightened screws. Some people even managed to swap ccw with cw.

The 1345T is the best. No chance of the pilot making a mistake and no cases of fly off so far, better durability and easier to spot wearing.
2016-5-15
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

Disagree - personally I don't want anything with the word 'Quick' associated with my props.
What is this incessant need to get into the air quicker and quicker.
Additionally, the threaded props with prop locks afford a level of redundancy which no other Inspire prop attaching mechanism gives you.
In aviation, redundancy is ALWAYS better.
2016-5-15
Use props
Hterag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 961978 ft
China

Tharg (from the Posted at 2016-5-16 03:32
Disagree - personally I don't want anything with the word 'Quick' associated with my props.
What is  ...

What is the redundancy offered by the threaded props? Not to imply that I think you're wrong, it's a genuine question as I haven't used the threaded props before.
2016-5-15
Use props
Dave/M4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

Both 1st and 2nd gen props had problems most of the time from user error, 1st gen spin on
and people not properly tightening
them enough so they added little securing clips to solve the problem,  A bandage fix at best as I saw it... Next gen 2 had the problem of securing the new qr release mechanisms to the motors and over tightening the fastening screws only to put to much stress on the thin plastic retainer and or cracking said retainer causing failure... Next we have the final qr
Prop system which IS a definite improvement over the two earlier
designs.. I've used all three with no problems at all, I'm an RC guy and flew my inspire 1.0 as hard as you'd want or it could go, high wind and hard braking etc.. But still I'm sticking with the 3rd Jen props and locks as they are a huge improvement.
2016-5-15
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

I have flown my Inspire with the 1st generation props, from before the locks were introduced.
No issues for me with the self-tightening system and the locks keep everything secure. There is nothing wrong with the original system at all.
I don't see any need to change to either of the QR systems (I have a few sets of 2nd gen props gathering dust) until such time as I have exhausted my stock of spares.

2nd Gen systems mounting solution was too weak and prone to failure from over torquing of the retaining screws - 3rd Gen looks OK, but no need to change right now.

2016-5-15
Use props
leanlinao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1495906 ft
Philippines

Dave/M4 Posted at 2016-5-16 07:57
Both 1st and 2nd gen props had problems most of the time from user error, 1st gen spin on
and peopl ...

2016-5-15
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

Hterag Posted at 2016-5-15 21:03
What is the redundancy offered by the threaded props? Not to imply that I think you're wrong, it's ...

The redundancy is given by use of the prop locks fitted over the hubs.
You then have metal threaded hubs onto metal shafts AND the security of prop locks holding the props in place should one come slightly lose.
2016-5-15
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Tharg (from the Posted at 2016-5-16 17:16
The redundancy is given by use of the prop locks fitted over the hubs.
You then have metal threade ...

Yep, the self tightening props with locks are the best and safest solution.
2016-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules