OSMO failed today - red/green alternating lights, no control
9667 9 2016-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stormtrooper101
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Weird today... My Osmo was working fine last week when shooting a film for my son's scout pack, and today when I turned it on, the gimble was completely limp and the power light was blinking red/green.  There was no firmware on the card, just some leftover footage.  I tried the reset (record, trigger, turn on), and the camera came back to life, but I was not able to control it with the physical buttons/trigger from the handle.  I was able to move the camera around by dragging my finger across the display screen in the IOS Go App.

I then got notification that there is a firmware update for the Osmo, and I tried that with a formatted card - no luck... gimble limp and would not update.  Tried updating with the app another fail....

Any thoughts... the battery is charging now, and I'm gonna try a downgrade to the 1.5 firmware and see if that sparks it back to life again...

Thanks

Mike
2016-5-15
Use props
stormtrooper101
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Quick update... By opening the battery door and pressing up on the bottom of the battery I'm able to start the osmo and it will run normally... Once started, I can release the pressure on the battery and close the door for use... Anyone else experience something similar?
2016-5-15
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

stormtrooper101 Posted at 2016-5-16 08:59
Quick update... By opening the battery door and pressing up on the bottom of the battery I'm able to ...

Hello!
Thanks for your feedback!
This situation may happen.
In the latest firmware, it has the feature to identify if the battery is DJI's or Non-DJI's, if it detects that the battery is not official DJI battery, the Osmo can't work normally. So, the bad connection between the battery and the handle would result in same situation.

If you have any other problem, please let me know anytime.
2016-5-15
Use props
stormtrooper101
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-15 21:58
Hello!
Thanks for your feedback!
This situation may happen.

Thanks for the information Adela, however it appears as though I have to do this every time i power up the camera.  As well I only have the one battery that came with the Osmo originally.  I'll try a little contact cleaner on a swab and see if that provides a more permanent fix.
2016-5-16
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

stormtrooper101 Posted at 2016-5-16 19:57
Thanks for the information Adela, however it appears as though I have to do this every time i powe ...

OK.
Please let me know if there's any update or trouble.

Thanks for your cooperation.
2016-5-16
Use props
stormtrooper101
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-16 08:35
OK.
Please let me know if there's any update or trouble.

Used cotton swabs and some M.I.G. contact cleaner on the battery and handle contacts... Appears all good now... Activated without a problem and I didn't need to keep the door open and battery pressed in.  Thanks for the responses!

Cheers,

Mike
2016-5-16
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

stormtrooper101 Posted at 2016-5-17 08:50
Used cotton swabs and some M.I.G. contact cleaner on the battery and handle contacts... Appears al ...

I'm glad to hear of the good news.
2016-5-16
Use props
mrrobertson
New
Flight distance : 99485 ft
United States

Thank you Stormtrooper101 for mentioning this fix..  Would be nice if DJI would provide battery covers with the batteries or at least mention this in the troubleshooting as I've had this problem multiple times now, for several months - and wouldnt have figured it out without this thread.  Cleaning the contacts fixed it all.  Thanks again.
2016-9-5
Use props
Dani Berga
lvl.1

Brazil

i will try thissss!!!!
2019-7-16
Use props
djiuser_nLShId512cmx
New

Indonesia

TOLONG MENGAPA DJI OSMO 4 SAYA TIDAK BERFUNGSI MAKSIMAL,BLINKING LAMPU KEDIP TAK BERFUNGSI/LOYO DAN BATTERY LANGSUNG LOW,,KENYATAAN DI DESKRIPSI TAHAN 15 JAM TP BARU 35 MENIT LOW DALAM KEADAAN FULL BATERY...
2021-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules