Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery died, not charging, no indicator lights
2888 7 2016-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ken
New

United States

I bought 3 new batteries for my Phantom 4 and have been routinely using all 4 (my original that came with theh P4 + 3 new ones) each time I fly.

Today, after charging all 4 batteries, one was not responding to the button press to start the P4. No indicator lights came on when pressing the button. I thought maybe I'd accidentally missed charging it. However, I find that this battery suddenly is not responding in any way - no indicator lights when pressing the button, no indicator lights when plugged into the charger, and no response after staying plugged into the charger for an hour or more.  The other two batteries are charging and working properly with the same charger.

I've tried jostling the connector to make sure the charger cable is making contact.

How do I get this fixed/replaced by DJI?  This battery probably had only about 5 or 6 charge cycles on it.

Ken
2016-5-15
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Ken, seems like your battery is broken, please contact DJI NA to get the replacement.
UNITED STATES
+1 (818) 235 0789
Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 5:00PM (PST)
Thank you!
2016-5-15
Use props
keithanim8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20591 ft
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-5-16 11:29
Ken, seems like your battery is broken, please contact DJI NA to get the replacement.
UNITED STATES ...

I just experience the same issue with one of my batteries except mine isn't newly bought. It happened just yesterday when I tried charging the battery after a month or 2 of hiatus from flying my P4. My other battery worked/charged fine, the other one didn't. Even tried plugging the charger to 3 different outlets. Left the charger plugged in the first outlet and waited for over an hour before plugging in to two other outlets.

Anything I need to have with me when I call the number you provided (ie. order number, etc.)?
2016-7-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

keithanim8 Posted at 2016-7-12 03:29
I just experience the same issue with one of my batteries except mine isn't newly bought. It happe ...

For clarification, what percentage was the battery stored at? Do you even see a red LED emit from the power button?
2016-7-11
Use props
keithanim8
lvl.4

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-12 06:41
For clarification, what percentage was the battery stored at? Do you even see a red LED emit from  ...

I can't remember the exact number/percentage anymore. All I can say for certain is that it was low enough that my Phantom 4 already activated return-to-home (RTH) due to low power.
2016-7-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

keithanim8 Posted at 2016-7-12 11:41
I can't remember the exact number/percentage anymore. All I can say for certain is that it was low ...

Just to be visually on the same page, do you see at least a red LED emitting from the power button or are there no LEDs at all? Do you happen to recall what rough percentage the other battery was stored at that's not having issues?
2016-7-12
Use props
keithanim8
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-12 22:54
Just to be visually on the same page, do you see at least a red LED emitting from the power button  ...

No lit LEDs at all. Not even a red one.

As for the other battery that is still working fine, I'd say between approximately 70% (3 out of 4 LEDs are still lighting up, with the 3rd bar blinking).
2016-7-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

keithanim8 Posted at 2016-7-13 03:05
No lit LEDs at all. Not even a red one.

As for the other battery that is still working fine, I'd  ...

I would say that the storage percentage of the non functioning battery may be a factor, but I would not know for certain. I would say try to get in contact with the North American Support team to seek a RMA for a possible warranty replacement. You would need the following items to initiate the claim:

-Your Proof of Purchase
-Provide the battery's S/N, either as text or a picture
-Pictures of the battery to verify that it's not visibly swollen or punctured, to ensure it's not a hazard
-A small video demonstrating the powering issue.

Most customers just do one video that shows 2-4 clearly.
2016-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules