Discharge battery warning won't go away.
1983 14 2016-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MrSilicon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6693586 ft
Australia

A couple days ago I went out for a fly and after slotting in my last battery I saw that it was prompting me to discharge it below 5%. No big deal, I've done this before so after the flight I hovered the Inspire until it reached 4% and landed. After recharging the batteries I was out again the following morning and the same battery was coming up with the prompt to fully discharge it, so this time I kept it hovering after the flight until it was completely out of juice. After another re-charge the same battery is still showing the prompt to discharge it.

Not entirely sure what to do now...

Should I be worried about the battery?
2016-5-16
Use props
MrSilicon
lvl.3
Australia

No one has come across this before? It's just the one battery, the others read normal. It's less than 6 months old and gets used at least 1-2 times a week.
2016-5-16
Use props
stormtrooper101
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

I'm never fast enough to override the critical battery warning when I try to hover he battery flat... I land at 10 percent'ish, and then use the inspire battery to charge the transmitter... Once it's shut down on its own I'll recharge it.  

I've seen when I just left the inspire turned on that the quad was still powered long after the battery level on the gui was reading zero...
2016-5-16
Use props
videoguy
lvl.3
United States

Same problem here.
2016-5-16
Use props
MrSilicon
lvl.3
Australia

Yeah there really is no elegant way discharge the battery completely. If it's important for the life an health of the "intelligent" battery then why can't you activate a self discharge mode?

I followed the guidelines in the manual and I'm still being promoted to discharge every time I put in the battery. I'm not keen on discharging it a 3rd time so quickly, but I'm also not happy about having to stress every time I fly with this battery.
2016-5-16
Use props
dr. D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8699150 ft
Netherlands

MrSilicon Posted at 2016-5-17 08:05
Yeah there really is no elegant way discharge the battery completely. If it's important for the life ...

What works for me is to charge the remote with an already low battery till shutdown.
I think that's elegant enough.
2016-5-17
Use props
MrSilicon
lvl.3
Australia

dr. D Posted at 2016-5-17 16:09
What works for me is to charge the remote with an already low battery till shutdown.
I think that' ...

Well that's debatable. Running down a battery by overriding failsafes to force the bird to stray in the air and then using a cable, that isn't even mentioned or explained in the manual, to charge the RC with the already depleted battery use up any remaining juice is far from elegant in my opinion.

Anyway it doesn't answer my question though. Why isn't the discharge warning re-setting on this battery when I've run it down below 5% twice in back-to-back uses?
2016-5-17
Use props
leanlinao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1495906 ft
Philippines

Had this pop up yesterday, all I did was do the usual flight then from 10% hover until 0%, at 0% I landed already it took some minutes for it to shut off and the warning disappeared!
2016-5-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

MrSilicon Posted at 2016-5-17 17:15
Well that's debatable. Running down a battery by overriding failsafes to force the bird to stray i ...

You may need to be clean the battery contacts a bit to ensure that there is good communication. Could you happen to post a screenshot of your voltage readings in the GO app for this battery? How long have you had this one in particular?
2016-5-17
Use props
MrSilicon
lvl.3
Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-5-18 04:23
You may need to be clean the battery contacts a bit to ensure that there is good communication. Co ...

This battery came in the kit with the inspire. I've had it since Easter and the contacts look to be in perfect condition.

So these are the screens of when the app said the battery was at 0% but then I left it in the Inspire until it completely shut of, I believe it was reading 20V just before it shut down.

I'm now charging again to see if the complete drain solves the problem.
Also looking through the battery history everything comes up as normal.

UPDATE: Looks like draining the battery until it completely cuts out and won't turn on anymore did the trick. The message went away.  

2016-5-17
Use props
SAFrankSU
lvl.3
United States

MrSilicon,

I'm having the same problem today. The manual mentioned to drain to at least 5%. Do I really need to drain it entirely? Can I keep my battery in the Inspire, turned on and on the ground until it shuts off? I saw these warning yesterday, so I think I can push another days flying. I won't push it after.

Frank
2016-7-4
Use props
MrSilicon
lvl.3
Germany

SAFrankSU Posted at 2016-7-4 15:13
MrSilicon,

I'm having the same problem today. The manual mentioned to drain to at least 5%. Do I re ...

Hi Frank,

You can just leave it on over night with the battery in the bird. It will shut down when it reaches mimimum voltage. Don't worry, this won't damage the battery.
2016-7-16
Use props
Starship
lvl.4

United States

2016-7-17
Use props
protocrash
lvl.2
Greece

Hey guys.

If you're after a more robust (or at least good looking ) solution check out http://phantomangel.rocks

Its dedicated discharger for Inspire batts with two modes:
- storage (discharges down to 60%)
- full discharge (for calibration purposes)

Lynh Phan (guy's big on the DJI facebook groups) has just published a review of the latest version of the Angel here:
http://droneownersnetwork.com/phantom-angel-pro-v3-0/

BTW, I make these (as a hobby) so if you have any questions... fire away!

PS: Photo shows the P4 version. The Inspire one looks identical...

Inspire Angel

Inspire Angel
2016-7-17
Use props
AlaskaDrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55036 ft
United States

protocrash Posted at 2016-7-17 12:15
Hey guys.

If you're after a more robust (or at least good looking  ) solution check out http://ph ...

How do you charge the remote with the battery? Do you just use the charge cords and leave the plug in (wall) unplugged?

I have been hovering until 10%, the move the gimbal around until the battery is 4%. It is tedious.
2016-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules