Suggestions to make the Osmo Pro/Raw a product for professionals
1750 2 2016-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Neraxus
lvl.3

Canada

Adela if you could please pass this along to the software team.

Luckily my adapter and battery extender appear to work fine (hoping it stays that way) and after a few days with it I have to say a lot of what the Osmo Raw can do is great. The only problems I see keeping it from being used professionally in the field is its lack of multi monitor support and focuse handling. The fact that we can not wirelessly use the "DJI focus" really sucks. Since I don't see this being fixed without a new focusing product I suggest making some revisions to how the focus works within the app.
Firstly, we need two devises to be able to connect to the Osmo at the same time, one for the camera operator to use and another for someone to pull focus within the app. Of course a third monitor would be useful for a director to view and potentially perform micro adjustments to the shots composition. Secondly the in app focus wheel should be horizontal along the bottom of the screen, where it is right now allows the thumb to scroll quite naturally but it is not precise enough. A 1:1 bar with marked distances would allow a focus puller to immediately select distances or scroll between them with enhanced accuracy. Thirdly, user created focus markers that the operator can cycle through with the press of a button and at a programmable speed.

So to sum it up:

1: allow two or more devises to connect to and use the Osmo
2: put the focusing bar horizontally at the bottom of the app with a 1:1 interface showing distances.
3: allow users to program two or more focusing distances to cycle between at the press of a button and allow users to set the speed the camera uses to rack between focus distances.

Here's some pics of my rig so far.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

2016-5-16
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Thanks for your advice.
I've reported your suggestions to our R&D Department.

For any update, please pay attention to our official website.
2016-5-16
Use props
sellenbueren
lvl.2
Flight distance : 465833 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

I am cinematographer and I just bought an Osmo with a Zenmuse X5. I agree fully with Neraxus suggestions. This will make it a great tool for film making.
2016-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules