Auto take-off and crashed like a rock, gimble broken
3422 55 2016-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
radius
lvl.2

Indonesia

VORTEX.P3 Posted at 2016-5-19 19:00
Where? Could you please take a screenshot of the error? Because I don't see it...

there.. but once again, i could be wrong about it as i'm new to HD.

Screenshot_2016-05-19_001.jpg
2016-5-19
Use props
VORTEX.P3
lvl.2

Portugal

Radius, you are right about that...
That appened when the drone started to fall... I already sae that and I reported to the support, but that appened when the drone started losing altitude and fall on the ground... If you see the video, at a certain moment the drone start spinning in the air, I dont know why...
2016-5-19
Use props
radius
lvl.2

Indonesia

i see..
well, i hope you can have your drone back soon in good shape and enjoys many flights with it again.
2016-5-19
Use props
VORTEX.P3
lvl.2

Portugal

radius Posted at 2016-5-19 19:20
i see..
well, i hope you can have your drone back soon in good shape and enjoys many flights with it ...

Now I dont know if the repair its free or not... And if I need to pay, I dont know if I will pay or if I will buy another one... Because fly with a drone that was damaged I dont know if its the best thing to do...
2016-5-19
Use props
endotherm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

It is very clear that you have clipped some overhead power lines about 20m above the crash site.

pic1.jpg lower pylon.jpg
If you follow the lines south to N205 at Braga, there are some Google Streetviews of the area which show the lines you hit running overhead, and a typical pylon supporting the wires.

n205_at_braga_skitch.jpg
2016-5-19
Use props
VORTEX.P3
lvl.2

Portugal

endotherm I know there powerlines there, but there at least 70m because there are to strong...
I didn't hit thoose power lines or I would say it that was my foult and I will assume... But i didn't clipped those power lines... There are at least 70m and the crash appened at 20m....
Like I said... If i clipped thoose power lines, I would say it, I would send the drone back and pay it, but in this case there was not my fault...
2016-5-19
Use props
cooper3678
lvl.1

United States

VORTEX.P3 Posted at 2016-5-19 09:47
endotherm I know there powerlines there, but there at least 70m because there are to strong...
I did ...

Powerlines shaped like the one in your picture usually range from 15-30 meters. The wires will be lower, as well. I know the wires from the power lines in my pasture are around 50 feet high.
2016-5-19
Use props
VORTEX.P3
lvl.2

Portugal

cooper3678@gmai Posted at 2016-5-19 22:03
Powerlines shaped like the one in your picture usually range from 15-30 meters. The wires will be  ...

The accident didn't happened around my house... It appened at my cousins house and the house is pretty high and the cables pass above her house... My cousin put his drone at the same hight that the powerlines and the power lines are 53.39m above the ground, so like you can see my drone didn't touched thoose power lines...
2016-5-19
Use props
cooper3678
lvl.1

United States

VORTEX.P3 Posted at 2016-5-19 10:13
The accident didn't happened around my house... It appened at my cousins house and the house is pr ...

Oh, I can't believe I forgot about the corona that the powerlines have. High voltage lines (and transformers) can cause electrical interference that screws with the compass, the sensors, the remote control signal, and cause all sorts of malfunctions in the drone. There's a reason why you don't fly a drone near hundreds of thosuands of volts.
2016-5-19
Use props
VORTEX.P3
lvl.2

Portugal

cooper3678@gmai Posted at 2016-5-19 22:22
Oh, I can't believe I forgot about the corona that the powerlines have. High voltage lines (and tra ...

Well... I didn't knew that... The drone was below the powerlines so... Do you think that could be the problem?...
2016-5-19
Use props
cooper3678
lvl.1

United States

VORTEX.P3 Posted at 2016-5-19 10:23
Well... I didn't knew that... The drone was below the powerlines so... Do you think that could be  ...

Definitely. I've flown within 30-40 feet of my lines (that, looking back on the pictures, aren't as high voltage as yours) and I've gotten compass errors and the drone started flying in an odd way.
2016-5-19
Use props
VORTEX.P3
lvl.2

Portugal

cooper3678@gmai Posted at 2016-5-19 22:26
Definitely. I've flown within 30-40 feet of my lines (that, looking back on the pictures, aren't as ...

So... I think you found the problem...
Now let's see if I will need to pay and how much... And if I will buy a new one or saty with this one, if the repair costs are not to high....

How much do you think that will cost me? The gimble?
2016-5-19
Use props
cooper3678
lvl.1

United States

VORTEX.P3 Posted at 2016-5-19 10:27
So... I think you found the problem...
Now let's see if I will need to pay and how much... And if  ...

Not sure. The gimbal might be 2-300 to replace. They still might cover it under warranty, but the customer service is a bit inconsistent at times.
2016-5-19
Use props
VORTEX.P3
lvl.2

Portugal

cooper3678@gmai Posted at 2016-5-19 22:33
Not sure. The gimbal might be 2-300 to replace. They still might cover it under warranty, but the c ...

They didn't told me the price... but they allready told me that it can't be repaired under warranty...
But why? The drone as less than 2 months and cant be repaired... IT S*CKS
2016-5-19
Use props
endotherm
Second Officer

Australia

VORTEX.P3 Posted at 2016-5-19 23:47
I did ...

I measured the 3D object in Google Earth and the big one on the main street is 30 meters tall from the ground.  I assume the smaller pylons carrying your three wires are no taller (they don't even show up in 3D on Google Earth which suggests they are actually smaller).  The distance between pylons carrying those wires is quite large -- 200 meters -- and you are 100 meters away.  Seeing the cable will be drooping to it's lowest point at your crash site, it is quite feasible that it was hanging at 20m.

The altitude between takeoff and crash was pretty level, yet you show negative altitudes (-2.6m) during the flight.  Did you take off higher than street level?  Your takeoff point was recorded at 0m.  You were up around 16-17m at the time of loss of control, add 3m error in takeoff altitude and you get close to 20m from ground level.  That's awfully close to where the wires are.  If you were flying FPV by looking at your device in order to frame the camera for shooting your pictures, and not looking directly line of sight at the aircraft, as well as not having full situational awareness of hazards around you, it would explain how that came about.  It is easy to get swept up in what the camera sees, forgetting to check the environment around the aircraft.

Sorry for your crash but it could have been worse.  Other RC aircraft colliding with power lines have resulted in a large spark and flames, with nothing left to salvage.  Not to mention the blackout and damage to the power grid which you would have to pay for if they determine the cause of the accident.
2016-5-19
Use props
endotherm
Second Officer

Australia

VORTEX.P3 Posted at 2016-5-20 00:13
The accident didn't happened around my house... It appened at my cousins house and the house is pr ...

I'm not sure where he's measuring 53.39m from, the crash site is about 49m above sea level which might have something to do with the reading, especially if the home point wasn't zeroed correctly.  A double storey house is typically around 8-10m tall.  The house nearby with all the cars is 10-11m tall as it is on a bit of an inclined block of land.
2016-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules