851 4 2016-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cloudycante
Second Officer
Flight distance : 558173 ft
Italy

Hi everybody,

just like Jonabdoo from http://forum.dji.com/thread-52578-1-1.html I want to share my after-sale RMA experience, which is far so from being a good one :-/

I had a crash from less then two meters and I ended up with the gimbal broken beyond repair without any professional help: two cables (the famous black one and the less famous gold one around the camera) were broken, and also the roll axis arm sanpped into two pieces.

gold cable

gold cable

black flat cable

black flat cable

Already I was frustrated, because it was one of my first flights!

But the nightmare, was only beginning!

I opened a case by the 20th of April. I received immediately a "resolved" case the very same day.

I then asked again and again to clarify some points I wans't sure of, but when I finally could get to fill the RMA form and send it back in, it was already the 26th of April.

I was in the meanwhile assured over and over that my DJI Care would have covered for the damage: after all, the DJI Care itself protects also from Human Errors!

I then received a UPS shipping label.... but the Shipping Address was wrong! So I had to call in again (twice) to ask to change the address, otherwise they would have shipped the drone back to a different City, which - of course - would have meant the loss of the unit for sure!

Finally, by the 28th of April I had the address changed and I then shipped the unit by the 3rd of May, though UPS only picked it up for shipping the next day.

The bird arrived at DJI's by 9th of May, but it seems they only got to it by 11th, when they wrote me back telling me they had received the unit.

When I finally got my RMA evaluation back, it was evaluted for 84€ to repair ONLY the roll axis arm, with the laconic reason that the unit was: "either out of warranty or misused".

Now, not only the DJI Care I have wasn't even considered...  but justifying an evaluation with the only GENERIC justification that "it was EITHER out of warranty and/or misued" is like giving NO REASON AT ALL!

I STRONGLY believe there's NO CUSTOMER LEGISLATION in europe that consider that ACCEPTABLE!

I could even think to pay for the repair, but I strongly worry that I would end up:

- PAYING almost 200€ for repairing the bird (between the repair fee and the DJI Care)
- .... and having the bird NOT FULLY REPAIRED, since the RMA clearly states they ONLY consider BROKEN the ROLL AXIS ARM, which is frankly the less of the problem... I mean: it is clear to anyone that without new cables the camera and the gimbal won't work for sure, it's not rocket science!

All in all, the WORST AFTER-SALE CUSTOMER SERVICE EXEIRENCE, SO FAR.

I STRONGLY HOPE I will have to change my mind!

What would you do, now, if you were me?

I really don't know what to do, I'm out of ideas right now... and... it's been almost a three weeks now!

My RMA is    160511J2O-P3C6785

2016-5-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am sorry for your experience, I have sent this information to the repair center and they will contact you.
I do not know the specifics because I am in the USA but I will make sure someone contacts you.
2016-5-17
Use props
cloudycante
Second Officer
Italy

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-17 16:08
I am sorry for your experience, I have sent this information to the repair center and they will cont ...

Thanks. I received the unit repaired and I wasn't even deducted a single buck from the DJI Care balance as a token to apologize for the "mistake". I did appreciate your help as I did appreciate the help of every single cs agent I've been in touch with. My impression is you all guys are making the difference, while the overall procedures should be tuned to avoid you to have to compensate for it :-)

All in all, I am glad to see DJI is showing - through its representatives - a willingness to be the best company in the market not only for the quality of its products, but also for the quality of its after sale service (which really makes the difference).

I do hope DJI knows how to reward your commitment, guys.

2016-5-29
Use props
cloudycante
Second Officer
Italy

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-17 16:08
I am sorry for your experience, I have sent this information to the repair center and they will cont ...

Thanks. I received the unit repaired and I wasn't even deducted a single buck from the DJI Care balance as a token to apologize for the "mistake". I did appreciate your help as I did appreciate the help of every single cs agent I've been in touch with. My impression is you all guys are making the difference, while the overall procedures should be tuned to avoid you to have to compensate for it :-)

All in all, I am glad to see DJI is showing - through its representatives - a willingness to be the best company in the market not only for the quality of its products, but also for the quality of its after sale service (which really makes the difference).

I do hope DJI knows how to reward your commitment, guys.

2016-5-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

cloudycante Posted at 2016-5-29 23:02
Thanks. I received the unit repaired and I wasn't even deducted a single buck from the DJI Care ba ...

That's so great to hear, thank you so very much, we all really appreciate it.
2016-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules