Vision plus camera and gimb on V2
1008 4 2016-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hi,
My wifi module has gone on my Vision 2 plus, done the ping test and fail, no live video feed, all movement works vis phone etc...

A new module including fitting is about £300, but I can but a new Phantom 2 basic for £295 from Dji direct.

My question is can the camera/gimble/Range extender be transfered onto the Standard 2 body to recreate the vision 2 plus, and just rebind everything?

My other option is to buy as above, open it up and transfer the wifi module into my existing one, but that would invalidate my warranty.

Also does the Phantom 2 direct from Dji have the newer wifi module with better ventilation?

Thanks in advance

Paul

2016-5-17
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

I take it you are referring to the internal Wi-Fi module on the Vision + ?
A Phantom 2 (basic) does not have the internal Wi-Fi module, so no point buying it and trying to transfer your camera and gimbal.
Only the Phantom 2 Vision + has the internal Wi-Fi module.
2016-5-17
Use props
bsansoucie
New

United States

I have just acquired what appears to be a used Phantom 2 vision plus...  It does have the internal wifi transmitter... But I do not have the range extender.... the gimbal has a red flashing light on it.  I cannot find a wifi SSID to connect to.  I have updated all the firmware on the quad via the DJI Phantom 2 vision assistant... I have not yet updated firmware on camera.  I have checked all of the connections.  I am assuming that the wifi Transmitter has failed.  Can anyone help me out on how to test other than not seeing a SSID?
2016-5-22
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Well if you don't have the range extender on the transmitter then you have nothing to connect your phone to, or anyway for the Phantom to communicate back to your mobile device.
The system works like this - Phone connects to range extender, range extender connects to phantom.
You are missing a key component...
2016-5-22
Use props
bsansoucie
New

United States

Ahhh Thank you... I thought there might be a way to just connect directly to the Phantom's wifi transmitter, and the range extender was exactly that... and extender.  I will acquire a range extender.
2016-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules