How much should a used Inspire cost to buy?
3389 11 2016-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chicago Air Dro
lvl.2

Simple Question,If I want to buy a used inspire which one should I get and what price should I have to pay?

Thanks
2016-5-18
Use props
leanlinao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1495906 ft
Philippines

Once you take a drone out of the store, it already has -10% and for the older model like the V1 another -10%. I would do -10% after every 20 hours of flight.
2016-5-18
Use props
leanlinao
lvl.4
Philippines

And another -10% if it has scratches on parts other than the foot of the inspire.
2016-5-18
Use props
leanlinao
lvl.4
Philippines

-1% every 2 hours of flight.
2016-5-18
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

I see plenty of Inspires sell on eBay for $1500 and up. Some very good deals. The other day there was one with dual controllers and 4 batteries that went for $2000.
2016-5-18
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

Check this out: http://www.ebay.com/itm/32211100 ... =STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Looks to be a great deal... depending on where the bidding goes.
2016-5-18
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just sold a v1 inspire1 with 2 47 batteries for $1900.00 soooo?
2016-5-18
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I have a good formula that always works.  The Item must be in Perfect condition also.  Take 60% of the price of it brand new. So lets say the Inspire 1 V2 is out there 3,000 average price new with one battery pack, I would be looking at $1800 to the seller.  

Now if the Aircraft is in Pristine condition , barely flown add maybe add 10% but that is it.  Most folks do not understand depreciation and the risk you take buying used. Also always be  willing to walk, you are the buyer  you are in the drivers seat.  By the same token dont let a couple of bucks get between you and a Real Cream Puff aircraft, those are rare, just dont get carried away.  
Also extras are not worth much, I am sorry to say, I dont care How many packs or props come with it.  Stay focused on the Aircraft and Radio, You will need new packs anyway.  Also look at the seller, if he or she  looks like he or she is in witness protection or there home or car is junk , they more than likely dont take care of their stuff.  

My 2 cents,  26 years RC experience buying , selling.  

good Luck - donnie

2016-5-18
Use props
Chicago Air Dro
lvl.2

Some very good ideas...thank you gentleman.

Is there any tell tale signs that the bird is going to have problems,
or has been mistreated because anyone can do minor crash repairs?

AKA what problems to look for?
2016-5-18
Use props
leanlinao
lvl.4
Philippines

Chicago Air Dro Posted at 2016-5-19 06:09

Is there any tell tale signs that the bird is going to  ...

Bring a flashlight, check for any dents or visible scratches.
2016-5-18
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Chicago Air Dro Posted at 2016-5-18 17:09

Is there any tell tale signs that the bird is going to  ...

That is a tough one, just look it over closely, and Ask a lot of questions, Most RC folks are honest but you must keep your guard up as well.

If you can I would fly it, Also like I said earlier, look at there appearance and how well they take care of there other belongings.Some folks think this is judgmental, it is not, It is just the way it is.  If they dont take care of themselves or there House , car etc. They are not going to take care of the RC aircraft.

I find it funny on the forum sometimes, they post the Inspire or Phantom for sale and list it as "Perfect" , then if you read back in the History of there postings ( They dont know about this feature)  they are asking for advice on how to Repair the Aircraft after they crashed it.

People are funny, I like to think most people are good, you just have to watch out for some..........

Donnie

2016-5-19
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check the prices at  bhphoto.com  they have a used dept. That should give you an idea about a fair price and condition.
2016-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules