Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Are you happy with the Osmo so far????
902 10 2016-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RegDawg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 54091 ft
United States

I'm just curious if many of you are happy with the Osmo so far? I mean do you find yourself using it more than you DSLR, gopro's, etc. right now? I guess with me my biggest knocks on it right now is you can't just set-it down anywhere and its not something you can just pick-up and shoot within seconds unless you shoot without the app. I guess the gopro is much same but its ruggedness makes up for it I guess. The osmo does shoot some awesome video though which is whats conviinced me to hold on to it for now.
2016-5-18
Use props
jeffmoltenberry
lvl.2

United States

I like the affordability and compactness of the Osmo. If money wasn't an option I would probably have a GoPro for action/water and stabilized DSLR.
2016-5-18
Use props
stuartdye_photo
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi, yes im very happy with my Osmo...i was looking for a replacement for my Dying Gopro 3 Black, the Osmo has given me the oppertunity to shoot angles i would never be able to get with my Big Sony fs700 video camera...well i could but it would cost me alot of money to rig up my sony. I can get instant crane/jib and tracking shots with the Osmo. The thing i like the most about the osmo is its compact size. it does have a few bugs but it works for what i want. And i knew it would NOT be a cheap alternative to a RED EPIC on a Steadicam! Overall what i get for the price is a good deal.
2016-5-18
Use props
LenMiddx
lvl.4
United Kingdom

It’s a hand-held camera that you can use while moving around and still get viewable images — something that you can’t get with any other camera without a third-party gimbal. And, importantly, it’s low-cost.

And that’s it really.

It’s nice that it can do other things (such as time-lapse, panoramas, etc.) — but I can get those done with equipment that I already own.

It’s a bit ‘buggy’, and likely to be so for a few more months before it’s fully functional and up to the standard that we’d all like it to be.

It’s short on some features that people are requesting/complaining about: but expecting timecode on a 450 GBP/600 USD camera? Really?

Still, there are plenty of great examples on Vimeo and YouTube to show what it can do, when its limitations are taken into account.

I haven’t used it that much yet, because of the 'up-down' movement when walking over uneven terrain — but the new Z-axis looks  like it should reduce/eliminate that problem.

There are a number of people who are unhappy with their purchase — but then again, there are a lot of people getting great results.

So. Dji definitely have quality assurance and customer service issues to overcome — but yes, I’m relatively happy so far. But I doubt that it will ever be used for more than a small percentage of my shots.

For the money, it’s great value.
2016-5-18
Use props
efroggy
lvl.2

For many years I had cameras from single 8, Super 8, mini DV and HD Cams, just for home use. Then I had an accident and my right arm is not anymore stable enough for holding a camera steady. I had enough editing shaky videos and I started experimenting with a steadycam construction. After several month of testing and improving the results where quite good, but the setup was much more heavy as my Panasonic HD Camera. Then I came across a DJI Osmo introduction on YouTube and I was fascinated. I ordered it and got it several weeks ago and started testing, watching the results, improving and so on. Very recently I added the Z-axis, some other parts and a better Mic.
Now I am in a state, where I know the limits of the current version and observing this, the results are multiple times better than with my handheld Panasonic and much easier to handle as my self made steadycam.
I am now prepared and feel good to start my holidays using the OSMO on different events. One of it will be a tropical jungel trip in a lost world.
For me, the OSMO is the tool which allows me to continue my hobby even with a handicap. I just like it and I am sure there will be future updates to extend the capabilities. I am optimistic
2016-5-18
Use props
RegDawg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 54091 ft
United States

LenMiddx Posted at 2016-5-18 11:11
It’s a hand-held camera that you can use while moving around and still get viewable images — somet ...

Yeah from the reviews and videos I've seen about the Z-axis, it seems to be a must-have addition to the Osmo right now. The problem is they are so backed-up on orders right now after seeing all the complaints in this forum, its crazy.

Do you guys always shoot using the app or shoot blind? I guess much like a gopro, if you understand the FOV you can shoot blind however you don't have the capability to adjust settings on the fly.
2016-5-18
Use props
efroggy
lvl.2

A few footage i made blind and I aimed ok. The only problems is the date of the file, it defaults to 01.01.2014. You have to find the right time sequential order yourself. Well, I did not find an easier way.
2016-5-18
Use props
Khyber
lvl.2
Flight distance : 373842 ft
United States

I love my osmo with the x5. makes my gopro 4 black look like ass imo.
2016-5-18
Use props
LenMiddx
lvl.4
United Kingdom

RegDawg Posted at 2016-5-18 20:18
Yeah from the reviews and videos I've seen about the Z-axis, it seems to be a must-have addition t ...

So far, it's been a bit hit-and-miss in direct sunshine as the view on the iPhone is very much a silhouette. However, I've just bought a £7/$10 plastic screen off Amazon "Anbee® Foldable 5.5" Screen Cellphone Sunshade Sun Hood Cover for DJI Osmo Handheld Gimbal" -- so I'll see how that works out.

I was fortunate with the Z-axis -- I placed an order for it as soon as it became available, and it was dispatched after 15 days.
2016-5-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Thank you all for those kind and positive comment on DJI Osmo.
I'm very glad that you enjoy it and find it useful.
We will keep growing and hope more future update would bring you more fun.

Any other feedback or sharing would be appreciated.
2016-5-18
Use props
Osmo Tips
lvl.2
United Kingdom

the Osmo is a great addition, and the key word here is "addition" to any content creation kit. It gives you the ability to take certain shots which just wouldn't be possible in a short amount of time, space or budget.
So if you have a shot in mind, that's the best way I've seen works best with the Osmo as opposed to "run and gun" approach.
2016-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules