Anyone still flying your inspire 1 ? after the latest update?
4179 34 2015-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ooilouis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119062 ft
Singapore

Anyone still flying your inspire 1 ? after the latest update and the propeller lock news up?
My inspire1 still on the ground since the first day i received .
2015-1-19
Use props
art
lvl.3
Flight distance : 170758 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am flying mine, but choosing my flying locations carefully. Will not use for a real job until prop locks and official app are released.

Just based on the forum comments, I would not try to fly it in confined spaces, but otherwise I feel comfortable with flying in.
2015-1-19
Use props
fenriq81
lvl.1

Chile

art@otek.tv Posted at 2015-1-19 20:37
I am flying mine, but choosing my flying locations carefully. Will not use for a real job until prop ...

Hello
After the update my Inspire 1 is working fine ans flying whihout any problems
Regards
2015-1-19
Use props
Geoffdb
lvl.2

United States

first flight yesterday, no major probs.  return to home did NOT work. hmmmm...more today
2015-1-19
Use props
Blip
lvl.2

United States

Geoffdb Posted at 2015-1-19 22:09
first flight yesterday, no major probs.  return to home did NOT work. hmmmm...more today

What do you mean RTH didn't work? Did you check your RTH settings such as altitude?
2015-1-19
Use props
jebryant10.emai
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56112 ft
United States

I could not get Return to Home to work also? I may be doing something wrong, today will be my 4th flight.
2015-1-19
Use props
travissrt.email
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68555177 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine works perfect but I'm not flying unless I have to until I receive prop locks.  I flew it yesterday and it no longer yaws on it's own and also does not fluctuate altitude.  I have 4 spare batteries arriving today so may take it out this afternoon for a bit.  
2015-1-19
Use props
Zeebadoo
lvl.2

United States

I've been flying my inspire everyday for a week now and it's been very stable and I haven't had any issues. Though it seems that in order to keep it stable that I have to calibrate the compass before every flight. But that's a small price to pay for a platform that flies beautifully.
2015-1-19
Use props
ooilouis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119062 ft
Singapore

Hope they can resolve all the things and we can fly with confidently soon.
2015-1-19
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

ooilouis Posted at 2015-1-20 11:15
Hope they can resolve all the things and we can fly with confidently soon.

Yep flew again to night! here is a link to where I showed off the Inspire to a bunch of people that wanted to see it in person.

Flights after Last Firmware Update
2015-1-19
Use props
pidetectives.em
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flew mine for the first time this afternoon after a week scense I received it and updates. The bird performs like a sports car. I made sure to tight props and calibrate compass. Only issue was with the SD card playback is choopy,lags,freezes   
2015-1-19
Use props
stavros833
lvl.2

United States

I have been flying nonstop this hole time, no issues.
2015-1-19
Use props
dbeck.email
lvl.4

United States

stavros833 Posted at 2015-1-20 12:36
I have been flying nonstop this hole time, no issues.

Is that the same as whole time?  DUH
2015-1-19
Use props
Yoshca
lvl.1

United States

RTH:
Push and hold RTH button until blue light around RTH button.

Had the same problem and re read the instructions.
2015-1-19
Use props
InRenderSpire
lvl.1

United States

Been flying well with two upgrades.
2015-1-19
Use props
InRenderSpire
lvl.1

United States

RTH worked flawlessly for me.

I will say that it is very slow and cautious... I would say that if you intend to use RTH, make certain you leave a bit of battery to give it time to make its way home.

Render
2015-1-19
Use props
outlaw.email
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

No problems here, hand tighten your props well, 8 flights rock solid!
2015-1-19
Use props
Nestor.r.email
lvl.3

United States

Fly everyday and currently editing... No issues here.
2015-1-19
Use props
david.askew
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Latest firmware and ipad app v0.9.2, recalibrated everything to be sure and no issues here. I just give the props a little more force to attach them.
2015-1-20
Use props
alex.lute.email
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1842592 ft
Netherlands

Same here, iOS 0.92 and latest firmware: like an angel! :-)
2015-1-20
Use props
Geoffdb
lvl.2

United States

Checked RTH settings, all are good. Held the RTH button and also confirmed RTH on the display, with no results.

2nd flight attempt yesterday -> FAILED.  Couldn't get the gimbal to power up.  Also no GPS signal, in a wide open area near the ocean.  

2015-1-20
Use props
Geoffdb
lvl.2

United States

Does anyone know where to access the flight data from previous flights?
2015-1-20
Use props
tomswell
lvl.2
Flight distance : 268438 ft
United States

Geoffdb Posted at 2015-1-21 00:24
Does anyone know where to access the flight data from previous flights?

center bottom icon on User  Center Screen.
Watch new "Pilot App Tutorial"
2015-1-20
Use props
tomswell
lvl.2
Flight distance : 268438 ft
United States

Have had no problems , download latest, calibrate IMU, Compass & hand tighten props . RTH has saved my bacon more than once when i could't see machine anymore.
2015-1-20
Use props
josh
New

United States

anyone have extra props for sell? i need some for a shoot next week in Vegas
2015-1-20
Use props
Funnone
lvl.3
United States

http://www.dslrpros.com/dji-inspire-1-prop.html
2015-1-20
Use props
r-preusser
lvl.2

Germany

I've also had around 10 flights in the last 4 days. Everything very smooth and friendly.

Before I've updated to the latest firmware and the IOS 0.9.2 app and did carefully hand tighten the pros.

I've tried to avoid heavy winds but anything else was great.

I love it!
2015-1-20
Use props
telepro123.emai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3502972 ft
  • >>>
United States

Updated firmware and the GPS satellite indicator was one red bar but the GPS said safe to fly and was lit green.  The way it flew was all wobbly.  Landed, cycled the power and then had full satellite bars and it flew steady with GPS lock.  Be warned not to fly with one red satellite bar probably would not be able to do a RTH.
2015-1-20
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

r-preusser Posted at 2015-1-21 07:51
I've also had around 10 flights in the last 4 days. Everything very smooth and friendly.

Before I'v ...

Everything good here as well and I also have avoided flying in any winds over 5mph and I make sure that every transition is smooooooth

Mike
2015-1-20
Use props
chrisgeigerphot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13046529 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am checking the props before every flight but they have never needed tightening. I am not removing the props between flights. I have over 4 hours of flight time now. Still having compass issues causing the GPS to drop out in flight. Happens for a few seconds during every flight. Often several times per flight. I may have to return my unit for repair.
2015-1-20
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Me, stuck waiting for the Apple update App so I can fly. Iam ready the Inspire isn't. It is costing me jobs and money. Real bummer!
2015-1-20
Use props
chrisgeigerphot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13046529 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't think the apple app is coming back. DJI has removed all reference to apple. Looks like it is android from here on.
2015-1-20
Use props
Geoffdb
lvl.2

United States

@tomswell Yes yes bad pilot, I should watch the new vid instead of trusting my 10k hours of manned/unmanned flight time to figure it out lol...
@chrisgeigerphot same issue here, GPS flight mode drops in and out.  DJI wants their unit back, gonna give it a little more time 1st
2015-1-21
Use props
paul.swieconek.
lvl.1

United States

Geoffdb Posted at 2015-1-21 23:51
@tomswell Yes yes bad pilot, I should watch the new vid instead of trusting my 10k hours of manned/u ...

Really frustrating hearing about all the - it fly's perfect with latest update, meanwhile, I get less than consisitant behavior every flight. GPS lock, take off, yellow flashes, green flashes, yellow flashes, home point recorded flashes while in the air. Occasionally a Take off Location recorded verbal when landing and shutting down motors with immediate shut down. Chatted with a few DJI techs. on line and one said wait for new firmware and new iOS app, the other said it was normal behavior and to pick a new flying site.  Bird flew perfect on previous firmware and app. - even flew it out of the box with no firmware update and a Motorola Android Phone, so why does my software load work different then the rest of ye-all ?  Seems like the original software loads in China were perfect, and the changes since have been release hap hazardly without a lot of testing.
2015-1-21
Use props
unblind
lvl.2

United States

Yes! And using iPad mini 2 also...all is well...
2015-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules