Authentic SJ4000 Awesome Deal
1017 8 2016-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

So I randomly went to B&H Photo lst week looking for another Original (Real) SJ4000 camera because they make BEAUTIFUL 12MP photos and super nice videos in 1080P.

And It just so happened they had the Black, Authentic SJ4000 for $59.84 delivered via Priority Mail.....so I bought one.

Fast Forward a few days.......It arrived today (perfect and with all the accessories) and I thought to myself..."damn, that's a pretty good deal"...so I looked around and the average price was around $72.00 - $81.00 pretty much everywhere and I was like ...MAN...I better go back and get another.....but now they were $72.00

I shoulda got three.   If you've never used one, the video is EVERY bit as good as the Phantom 3 advanced 1080P camera as far as color, clarity and actually exceeds the P3A camera in low lighting and color fidelity imo.

Oh well...at least I got one at that super price  {:4_181:}

2016-5-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Love the 4K video from my Phantom 3 Pro' but I miss the controls I have on my D800.
http://www.imaging-resource.com/ ... nikon-d800VIDEO.HTM
Nikon D800 Basic Video Specs
1,920 x 1,080 (Full HD / 1080p) or 1,280 x 720 (720p) recording
TTL (through the lens) matrix metering using the main image sensor
MOV file format, with H.264/MPEG-4 AVC encoding
Choice of two compression levels; High or Normal quality
Autofocus can be triggered during movie recording by pressing the shutter button, or continuous AF can be enabled
Focus point can be set manually, set automatically over wide or normal area, or set via face detection
Focus mode and point location can be set both before and during recording
Manual focus also available
Program, Aperture- or Shutter-priority, and Manual exposure are available, set before recording
Exposure compensation can be controlled in Program or priority exposure modes, both before and during recording
Aperture and/or shutter speed can be controlled in priority or Manual modes, both before and during recording
ISO sensitivity can be controlled in Manual exposure mode, both before and during recording
Color space and picture control can be set before recording; white balance can be adjusted before or during capture
Built-in monaural microphone and external stereo 3.5mm microphone jack; also has a 3.5mm stereo headphone jack
20-step microphone sensitivity adjustment available, including level display with peak hold indication; levels can also be controlled automatically, or sound disabled
30-step headphone levels adjustment available, or sound can be disabled
11-step LCD brightness adjustment available, plus automatic brightness adjustment based on ambient light level sensor
Microphone and headphone levels adjustments must be set before capture; LCD brightness can be adjusted before or during capture
Optional virtual horizon, histogram, and framing guide displays can be enabled before or during capture
Can simultaneously display video feed on monitor, and output uncompressed 8-bit 4:2:2 video feed without any overlays via HDMI
Can interrupt movie capture to record a still image, but movie capture will not resume afterwards
Movies can be "trimmed" in-camera, selecting just the portion you want and optionally saving it as a new file
Single frames from a movie can be extracted and saved as JPEG still image files
Up to 20 index points can be set during video capture by pressing depth-of-field preview button; you can jump straight to index frames in editing and playback
Auto / 50 Hz / 60 Hz flicker reduction function
No spec for it, but rolling shutter seems relatively slight (see rolling shutter section at the end of this page for examples)
Video duration limited to 20 minutes for High quality, or 29 minutes, 59 seconds for Normal quality
File size restricted to 4 GB maximum
Dual card slots; can select which movies will be recorded to, but there is no overflow or mirroring capability for movies
Nikon D800 Video Speeds & Feeds: Image size, frame rate, and file format
The Nikon D800 offers two different video resolutions and five frame rates, although only three or four rates are available at any given resolution.

Nikon D800 Video Options
MOV files, H.264/MPEG-4 encoding
Resolution
Aspect Ratio
Available Frame Rates
Average Bit Rate
1,920 x 1,080

16:9

29.97 frames per second
(progressive)

24 Mbps
12 Mbps
25 frames per second
(progressive)

24 Mbps
12 Mbps
23.976 frames per second
(progressive)

24 Mbps
12 Mbps
1,280 x 720

16:9

59.94 frames per second
(progressive)

24 Mbps
12 Mbps
50 frames per second
(progressive)

24 Mbps
12 Mbps
29.97 frames per second
(progressive)

12 Mbps
8 Mbps
25 frames per second
(progressive)

12 Mbps
8 Mbps

All of the D800's video modes are progressive scan, meaning that every video line is scanned, one after the other, for every frame. Compared to interlaced scanning, progressive scan video is much better for viewing videos on a computer screen. (Interlaced works fine for high-definition TVs, but some computer video players that de-interlace poorly will produce bad tearing of moving objects.)

The 24 frames/second mode is popular with some people, who feel it gives a more "movie like" look to their videos because 24fps is the frame rate for cinema. The lower frame rate can look choppy, though, particularly when shooting in bright light with fast shutter speeds. Note also that you can't match the frame rate to the shutter speed for 24p capture; the slowest frame rate in this mode is still 25 frames per second; other modes allow you to match the frame rate to the shutter speed.

The 60 / 50 frames/second frame rates available in 1,280 x 720 mode are great for capturing smooth-looking action, but won't be as good in low-light situations, because the camera can't use a shutter speed longer than 1/60th or 1/50th second, respectively.

The Nikon D800 saves its video files in the MOV format, using H.264/MPEG-4 encoding. Pretty much any computer or editing program made within the last 5 years should be able to play its files with little problem, although the full 1,920 x 1,080 resolution files may strain older systems.

Nikon D800 video quality
Video quality from the Nikon D800 is excellent, with lots of fine detail, pleasing color, and relatively minimal rolling shutter artifacts. Our sample clips of Charlotte the wonder dog catching a frisbee show more subtle detail than is typical of most cameras, for example in the decorative grass. To our eye, the D800 matches or even betters the Canon 5D Mark III in terms of fine detail, which is an impressive feat given the higher compression of D800 videos. (Although file sizes for longer clips will still be hefty; expect around 2.5 to 3MB/second of video shot at the highest resolution.)

Even at higher ISOs, noise is quite well-controlled and fine-grained. Coupled with the ability to control exposure manually, this makes the Nikon D800 well-suited even for night shooting. For daytime shooting, the D800 biases automatic exposure in an attempt to attain a shallow depth of field. That can yield choppy-looking video, because the use of shorter shutter speeds means there's less motion blurring, something which our eyes interpret as being unnatural. Of course, you can override the D800's chosen shutter speed by switching to Manual or Priority exposure, if you prefer to match your shutter speed and frame rate for more natural-looking video.

We did notice some tendency to aliasing, especially for 720p video at the 60p frame rate. For real-world shooting, you can see this in our rolling shutter and night videos in particular. The roof of the house exhibits aliasing in the rolling shutter videos, while in the night video it's present in the corrugated roof of the shop's porch, and in the lintel of the premises next door. The aliasing is significantly more prominent at 60p than at other rates, but it's present even in 1080p 24fps video to a lesser degree. We tried the same controlled test that we used with the Nikon D600, and thankfully didn't see anywhere near as severe an effect as we did with video from that camera.

RedHotPoker
2016-5-18
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

Anything over 1080P is...in the VAST majority of cases as far as drone video is concerned......unnecessary overkill.

THAT according to professional photographes I know who shoots international events, aviation events and some other big deal photography kind of stuff for big rollers.
2016-5-18
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

unless you want to extract a bit better quality stills from video.. That, currently, is probably the only reason to be above HD... In a few years, maybe not so much.....
2016-5-18
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

gtokarsk Posted at 2016-5-19 05:50
unless you want to extract a bit better quality stills from video.. That, currently, is probably the ...

Agreed. If you need stills.   That was ONE of the few exceptions.   Most folks buzzing around probably dont.    But I agree, as more and more 4K TV's and monitors become available and low priced...then yes.
2016-5-18
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Cessna172 Posted at 2016-5-18 23:35
Anything over 1080P is...in the VAST majority of cases as far as drone video is concerned......unnec ...

This is true....now...
If you want your videos still to be seen as 'acceptable' in a year or two years time, believe me, use the highest resolution all the time, whatever professional photographers tell you today.
2016-5-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Cessna172 Posted at 2016-5-18 15:35
Anything over 1080P is...in the VAST majority of cases as far as drone video is concerned......unnec ...

I Guess, you never attended a production from our Canadian masters of video, IMAX.

As then, seeing is believing. Hahaha
Tell them photographers to have a look up here...

RedHotPoker
2016-5-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

If I was to consider hanging another camera off my aircraft, this would be the one: http://z-cam.com/

It has a interchangeable lens mount, uses the same sensor as the Panasonic GH4 and has an impeccable design pedigree. It can shoot 4K, up to 16 Megapixel stills and can do slo-mo at 240 fps.
2016-5-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I would strap on a Phase One... 100MP
https://www.vistek.ca/store/ProP ... -year-warranty.aspx

It's a steal at $62,495. Haha

RedHotPoker
2016-5-18
Use props