Pairing P3P Remote Impossible
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
juerg.baumann1
lvl.2
  • >>>

I installed the Remote FW Version 1.5.80 using the App Version 2.8.1 on my iPhone 6 using iOS 9.3.2. Unfortunately I hit the RTH button. Now the status LED is solid white the ring around the RTH button is white and I cannot leave this status anymore.

Trying to Link in the app shows me the Link/cancel pop-up but when you hit Link the pop-up dissapears but nothing happens. When I try "Remote Controller Calibration" also nothing happens after hitting "Calibrate". Any ideo on how I can leave the RTH function? Pressing the RTH button over a shorth or longer interval does not help.

2016-5-19
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Search around "firmware update" on the forums.. there's a lot of talk.
Bottom line, the firmware on the radio and the drone have to be in sync... u cannot mix and match.. if you upgrade the radio, you have to upgrade the drone to a specific version as well.... in my case, on my P3A, it's 1.6.0 on the RC and 1.8.80 on the drone. 1.5.80 on the radio, required 1.7.60 on the drone, I believe.
Ifs the link on the radio green or red once you power on your radio and the drone?

2016-5-19
Use props
juerg.baumann1
lvl.2
  • >>>

Hi Phantomski

I know that the P3P and the remote must be in sync regarding their FW versions. Both units carry the latest FW versions. However, the remote always shows the white status LED. Also directly after the start-up. It looks to me as if its sendin out the RTH signal. I need to leave this mode, but I can't. Any trick on how to reset the remote?
2016-5-19
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Juerg, what's the color of your RC LED indicator? If it is light cyan, you can try this method to re-upgrade the RC:
Try to hold the C1, C2, video record, ISO dial buttons simultaneously to turn on the remote controller. Then launch App, download the upgrade package in Overall Status, and re-upgrade.
2016-5-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

If you try DJI-Paladin's advice and you're still having issues I would recommend trying to reset the remote controller itself using the following button commands:

- Turn on the controller, and leave the aircraft off.
- Press and hold C1, C2, and Shutter on the controller, which will generate a quick audio queue, then turn the controller off while still holding the buttons.
- When you turn the RC back on, it should remove any lingering presets that could be causing communication issues.

Please note that it could potentially reset the connection between your aircraft and RC, so you may need to link the two together again after performing this combination.
2016-5-20
Use props
juerg.baumann1
lvl.2
  • >>>

Hi Jamie and Aladin

thanks for your help - but still no luck: The behavior is now the following:

Android DJI Go App:        FW 1.5.80 installation stopps afer 34% -> failed
iPhone App:                   FW 1.5.80 is donloaded to phone but installation progress remains on 0% -> failed display after abour 30s
                                    another strange thing, the DJI Go iOS App hops straight to P4 and I cannot change it anymore, although the remote is for a P3P (GL 300 RC is displayed on the Installation screen and
                                    GL 300B C1 is printed on the back of the remote

Any more tips before I will have to send everything to the Netherlands? Help is really appreciated
2016-5-21
Use props
juerg.baumann1
lvl.2
  • >>>

Btw: The status LED on the remote is CYAN
2016-5-21
Use props
juerg.baumann1
lvl.2
  • >>>

After Pressing the linking button in the DJI App (iOS or Android version) nothing happens. The Pop-Up Windows telling that pairing is in process never shows up.
2016-5-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

juerg.baumann1 Posted at 2016-5-22 06:34
Hi Jamie and Aladin

thanks for your help - but still no luck: The behavior is now the following:

Try this. RC off, then press all at the same time and then press power. Then power cycle the RC and plug it into the app via USB cable. In the about page what does it say the RC is on. If your aircraft is on 1.8 then you must have your RC on 1.6.
So after the button combination you can get your RC to 1.5.8 by holding the graduation cap from the home page for 5-10 seconds  (aircraft OFF) and that will get you to the RC firmware update page. Make sure you have internet and download 1.5.8. After that you can update the RC to 1.6 from the home page.
Here's the button combination.
C1, C2, video, photo,camera settings, then while all those are pressed power up the RC.
Hope that works.
2016-5-22
Use props
juerg.baumann1
lvl.2
  • >>>

Hi Ken

By doing what you proposed, the following happens. after pressing the graduation button the following is displayed (iPhone 6):
Product:                 GL300 RC
Current Version:       unknown
Select Firmware Version   (1.5.80 <- this is the only choice offered)
Download 100% complete -> Installing 0%

The Status LED changes from CYAN to BLUE and the Remote start to beep in 3 beep rhythm regularly for about 15s. The it stops beeping. The installation stays at 0% and the Text "Firmware Installation Failed. Restart and retry appears after abou anouther 30s.

Any other options?
2016-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules