Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Standard/Advanced/Pro?
1242 31 2016-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VORTEX.P3
lvl.2

Portugal

Hello,

My drone crashed and know I dont want to repair it because the value is to high...
So know, I was thinking to buy another one, a Standard again, but someone told me to put a little bit of money and buy a Pro or Advanced...
What do you think? What are the differences?

Thanks
2016-5-19
Use props
Barney Rubbel
Captain

http://www.dji.com/products/compare-phantom

Stick with Advanced or Pro.

Barney
2016-5-19
Use props
VORTEX.P3
lvl.2

Portugal

Like I said before, I dont know why, but I can't choose the models...
2016-5-19
Use props
VORTEX.P3
lvl.2

Portugal

But I really don't know witch one... Because is more for fun... I like to take photos and videos from landscapes, the beach... Is not for commercial use and nogthing like that...
More for fun and for personnal use...
2016-5-19
Use props
VORTEX.P3
lvl.2

Portugal

And just one more question...
I have the P3 Standard, will the prop's, battery work with?
2016-5-19
Use props
cooper3678
lvl.1

United States

Hey, it's me again from the other thread. My first phantom was a defective P3S (intermittent signal loss for 30s at a time, nothing else was wrong with it) and although the range wasn't too great (less than 1 mile in a flat rural area), I thought it was awesome. I returned it and bought a P3A, and you get a ton of extra features for the money; I'd say it's worth it. The lightbridge and the 2 antennas keep the signal accurate and responsive for at least 2 miles, which is the farthest I've taken it out. The controller is greatly improved with a lot more features, a more convenient and well built device mount, and again, 2 antennas that give you a lot of room for error (and you get some redundancy which is great incase a part fails).
I'd say the biggest differences are the range and the controller. The advanced also has a device on its underside that allows it to stay stable and hover at low altitudes (think of it like low-range sonar).
If you get the standard and use it a lot, there's a good chance you'll want to buy the advanced in a month or two anyway, because although the standard is well built, the low range really limits the device. I'd say that if you can save or you have the money, you should buy the advanced.
2016-5-19
Use props
labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
Australia

VORTEX.P3 Posted at 2016-5-20 10:18

Propellers and batteries are the same for all P3 models.
The controller for teh standard won't work with the Pro or Advanced because they use Lightbridge rather than wifi.
2016-5-19
Use props
lbarreto560
lvl.1

Australia

The standard is a great value for money. I've been flying the standard for a while and have gotten great range with it. I don't see a point of going 2km because legally you aren't allowed to go out of line of sight.
What I suggest is the standard and buy the inspire 1 device mount and put it onto the standard controller. It helps with the range as the device stays away from the antenna. And it looks better too.
2016-5-19
Use props
dji-p3p1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 534970 ft
Australia

VORTEX.P3 Posted at 2016-5-20 08:16
Like I said before, I dont know why, but I can't choose the models...

Both A & P are fantastic and from a flight/fun perspective they are the same in that area.
So if you aren't or really into any serous photography then the Advanced is good.
If you intend to shoot and play 4K (and have the equipment to do so) then get the Pro
You also get a more powerful charger with the pro.

I've also read on some threads that the Pro has better light bridge capability (I don't know exact details) but a few people with both machines say that it works better over longer distances and the get less dropouts in video. (I don't know how far that is true)..

Considering that the price of the pro is reduced from the intro of the P4 I think The P3P represents possibly best value for the buck....., Go Pro!!!  

2016-5-19
Use props
Flight Raptor
First Officer
Flight distance : 2705617 ft
  • >>>
United States

dji-p3p1 Posted at 2016-5-19 22:48
Both A & P are fantastic and from a flight/fun perspective they are the same in that area.
So if y ...

Agree here.  Highly recommend the Advanced if you don't need 4K (and don't have a powerful computer to process the huge video files).
2016-5-19
Use props
Phantomski
Captain
Flight distance : 12555000 ft
United States

Advanced, unless you have the $$ and want p4, but if you are p3, and do not want to break the bank, the best value is advanced - way more functionality than standard, and not the extra cost for pro, to only gain 4k video...
2016-5-19
Use props
VORTEX.P3
lvl.2

Portugal

I think I will take the Advanced... I have the machine to support and edit 4K but I just think that I wont use that format... Because is just more fore fun flights, aerial photos...
Just one question, the camera quality is the only difference between the Pro and Adv right?
2016-5-20
Use props
185EZ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 245207 ft
United States

VORTEX.P3 Posted at 2016-5-19 17:17
But I really don't know witch one... Because is more for fun... I like to take photos and videos fro ...

No question,
the Advanced
2016-5-20
Use props
185EZ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 245207 ft
United States

VORTEX.P3 Posted at 2016-5-20 02:41
I think I will take the Advanced... I have the machine to support and edit 4K but I just think that  ...

P3P comes with a 100 watt charger vs the 57 watt with the P3A.
I bought one brand new from another member for $35 shipped.
Nice to have an extra charger since you can't charge remote and battery at same time.
100 watt charger saves about 15 minutes charging time vs the 57 watt  charger
2016-5-20
Use props
microcyb
First Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

As a standard owner I can say that upgrade to the Advanced or professional model unless you do modifications like I do to increase your range and such, but the costs for the advanced and pro have gone so far down in price, it is better to just go with a higher line.
2016-5-20
Use props
microcyb
First Officer
United States

VORTEX.P3 Posted at 2016-5-19 20:18

Yes, keep the battery and the props.  Send me your busted standard so I can modify it. Whaa ha ha ha ha haaaaa
2016-5-20
Use props
VORTEX.P3
lvl.2

Portugal

185EZ Posted at 2016-5-21 04:08
P3P comes with a 100 watt charger vs the 57 watt with the P3A.
I bought one brand new from another ...

Yes, I think I will buy the Advanced version and keep all the other sutff from the standard...
One battery, props, charger.... I will be very helpfull i think to have to machines....
The standard has the camera broken, the support, not the gimbal so it can fly and i can operate in from the app, it just i cant see the camera it's all...

But the Advanced version is the best option that I have right now
2016-5-20
Use props
VORTEX.P3
lvl.2

Portugal

microcyb Posted at 2016-5-21 04:12
As a standard owner I can say that upgrade to the Advanced or professional model unless you do modif ...

Saying that, do you recomendo to buy the Advanced?
2016-5-20
Use props
VORTEX.P3
lvl.2

Portugal

microcyb Posted at 2016-5-21 04:13
Yes, keep the battery and the props.  Send me your busted standard so I can modify it. Whaa ha ha  ...

I can sell it to you if you want
2016-5-20
Use props
microcyb
First Officer
United States

VORTEX.P3 Posted at 2016-5-20 16:22
I can sell it to you if you want

I should have a sign that says, I buy busted drones.  

Never bought from anyone overseas, so not sure the shipping fees, customs, etc.
2016-5-20
Use props
microcyb
First Officer
United States

VORTEX.P3 Posted at 2016-5-20 16:22
Saying that, do you recomendo to buy the Advanced?

Yes, buy the advanced.  The prices are so low now, it is much wiser to invest in that model.
Oh and recording in 4K is AWESOME!  Just thought I would say that....
2016-5-20
Use props
VORTEX.P3
lvl.2

Portugal

microcyb Posted at 2016-5-21 04:28
I should have a sign that says, I buy busted drones.  

If you want we can have a discution about that...
That I will say is not for sell the drone... If you want to buy it I can sell it to you, this is not the problem! You can trust, I would send it to you with a tracking number, you could choose the transporter and all that stuff...
If you want I can sell it to you, I really don't like to lie to people... So your choice budy ;)
2016-5-20
Use props
VORTEX.P3
lvl.2

Portugal

microcyb Posted at 2016-5-21 04:30
Yes, buy the advanced.  The prices are so low now, it is much wiser to invest in that model.
Oh an ...

I know recording in 4K is awesome... I have multiple GO PRO'S 4 and the image is just insane! But tell me how many people watch videos in 4K or have the equipement to see 4K videos... That's the problem...
For my need I thinks that the Pro version is just a way to throw money away... So Il will choose the Advanced version
2016-5-20
Use props
microcyb
First Officer
United States

VORTEX.P3 Posted at 2016-5-20 16:33
I know recording in 4K is awesome... I have multiple GO PRO'S 4 and the image is just insane! But  ...

Good choice.  You will love the advanced model.  remember to keep your props and battery as you can use them from your standard.
2016-5-20
Use props
VORTEX.P3
lvl.2

Portugal

microcyb Posted at 2016-5-21 04:40
Good choice.  You will love the advanced model.  remember to keep your props and battery as you ca ...

How that? Don't understand what you mean by that...
2016-5-20
Use props
microcyb
First Officer
United States

VORTEX.P3 Posted at 2016-5-20 16:51
How that? Don't understand what you mean by that...

You have the standard and want to upgrade to the advanced.
The props and the battery work for all DJI Phantom 3 models so if you sell your standard for parts, at least keep those.
2016-5-20
Use props
VORTEX.P3
lvl.2

Portugal

microcyb Posted at 2016-5-21 05:21
You have the standard and want to upgrade to the advanced.
The props and the battery work for all  ...

Yes for sure, thoose parts I wont sell them for anything
2016-5-20
Use props
vinojaya6
lvl.2

Indonesia

Don't buy the standard if you like with long range, the standard very2 short range, from my experience.
2016-5-20
Use props
VORTEX.P3
lvl.2

Portugal

vinojaya6 Posted at 2016-5-21 05:45
Don't buy the standard if you like with long range, the standard very2 short range, from my experien ...

I will buy the Advanced
2016-5-20
Use props
rodger
Captain
Flight distance : 15812070 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Pro or the P4 is the way to go.
2016-5-20
Use props
VORTEX.P3
lvl.2

Portugal

rodger Posted at 2016-5-21 07:48
The Pro or the P4 is the way to go.

And the advanced?
2016-5-21
Use props
rodger
Captain
Flight distance : 15812070 ft
  • >>>
United States

To be honest I have never used an Advanced. So an opinion would not be fair. I have a P3P V2 and the P4. I am going to sell the P3P V2 and a ton of accessories.
2016-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules