Impossible to Pre-Balance Roll Axis
1983 7 2016-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jordy808
New

United States

Hey guys,

So as explained and demonstrated in this short video I've embedded: I am unable to balance the roll axis before using the DJI Assistant app.

From what I've seen in other tutorials, the gimbal should be able to be set in ANY position and stay there, but after countless hours, I CANNOT seem to get it right. Any time the gimbal is rotated on its x axis past 3 or 9 o clock, it slowly falls back to center.

Can anyone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me resolve this problem?
https://youtu.be/AwwCwCwAoRs
2016-5-19
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello.
Could you please connect your Ronin-M to the Assistant software and show us the live data of each axis?
In the Assistant software, you can adjust each axis by the Auto Tune Stability, also, you may need to Calibrate the system.

Thanks.
2016-5-19
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.3
Argentina

Every axis you adjust affects the other axis, yo didn't undestand it yet, if the roll axis falls back to center every time you turn it around, means that it is bottom heavy, and you may think "there is no adjustment for roll axis to move up&down", but you do have one, it's your tilt axis, raise it up a bit so the roll is perfect, "then my tilt will be off", No. Move the doveplate (where the camere is screw in) to balance it, then it will be perfect, the more you are close to the perfect balance, the more the other axis will go crazy, yo will get it the more you do it, for me the hardest axis is the tilt
2016-5-20
Use props
jordy808
New

United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-20 14:48
Hello.
Could you please connect your Ronin-M to the Assistant software and show us the live date of  ...

Hello,thank you for your prompt reply Adela;

Pre Calibration

Pre Calibration

Post Calibration

Post Calibration

Post Auto Tune

Post Auto Tune
To the last poster, I understand that all the axis work in conjunction with one another, but the only way that I am able to get the Roll Axis to stay when turned on its side is when the tilt bars are brought up to a certain point, but when they are at that point, it no longer has that balance. I am so at a loss for what to do...
2016-5-23
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

jordy808@gmail. Posted at 2016-5-24 09:21
Hello,thank you for your prompt reply Adela;To the last poster, I understand that all the axis wor ...

Thanks for your information.
According to the provided data, we can judge that you've balanced the camera.
Please run the Auto Tune Stability function, before the normal using, the system calibration would be recommended. After the calibrations, if there's no problem, then it should be working OK.
Please pay attention to below endpoint information of the Ronin-M. I'd suggest you to check the endpoint setting in your App. Ronin M performance.png
2016-5-23
Use props
jordy808
New

United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-24 02:14
Thanks for your information.
According to the provided data, we can judge that you've balanced the ...

Thank you for your help today Adela. I really do appreciate it.
2016-5-24
Use props
CruxisX
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2146 ft
  • >>>
United States

The great thing about the Ronin & RoninM series is that it doesn't have to be 100% balanced for it to work. Most of the time it's not even worth the time, especially if you're in a tight situation. As long as it's not at +/- 10 for the power
2016-5-24
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

jordy808@gmail. Posted at 2016-5-24 22:28
Thank you for your help today Adela. I really do appreciate it.

You're welcome.
For any issue, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks.
2016-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules