Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Northseasurfer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32184951 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Folks,
I've just picked up the X5R and am looking for some tutorial on workflow and grading the DNG files. I shot the Steam Locomotive 'The Flying Scotsman' crossing the Forth Rail Bridge in Scotland last sunday and then immediatley uploaded the footage to my FB page using the microSD H.264 proxy footage. I did this just for speed as it was a bit of a local news item which fortunately gave my business a bit of exposure. I'm looking for some online tutorials or advice on handling the files. I've been experimenting with Davinci Resolve and reckon thats the way forward. What do you all use!?
Here's the video....
Thanks in advance
Peter
2016-5-20
Use props
flighttime1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

Very smooth flying and pans. Nice work. Sorry I haven't upgraded from the X5 yet but my best advice is that you can use Lightroom, or Photoshop with Camera Raw for color grading. DNG files auto open in Camera Raw when you use Photoshop. Open all files you wish to grade, color correct a single file then select all and sync. In Lightroom you would then export. In Photoshop just click done and treat the files as you would normally. for editing.
2016-5-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Very nice, saw a Phantom pop in there too towards the end.
2016-5-20
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Well done, I was just going to say I hope he pulls back to get some more perspective at 1:13, and just like you read my mind, You did it, so cool.

I love it- donnie
2016-5-21
Use props
Northseasurfer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32184951 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for the kind words folks! I managed to export the 1 min sequence to Prores HQ and it looks gorgeous however it's 10gig FFS!!
2016-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules