Prop Locks Update Please
2675 11 2015-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fawkem911
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI,

Please could you provide some infomation regarding shipment of prop locks, when are they expected to be shipped and what shipping method will be used? (Europe based but I'm sure everyone would like to know. Will this be DHL Express, the same method as the craft)

Alternatively is there anything we can do to be able to fly whilst we wait? If we hand tighten the props suffiecently (as with standard nuts on F550 and other crafts) and fly in a rather docile manner in calm to light wind we will be ok. I'm guessing aggressive flying and strong wind could result in motor compensation and prop release.

I want to fly, but I just have this picture in my head of some props popping off.. (feel sorry for the poor souls this has happened to.)

Thanks
2015-1-19
Use props
hej
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2040512 ft
Sweden

I am not DJI but I believe you can fly if you tighten the props really good and stay clear of turbulence. Do not, as i did, go straight up 100 meters, release throttle. The you will have the dance of death if you are unlucky. I did tighten the props by hand but I could probably twist another quarter.  But then again, it is a gamble. you are most likely not drop a prop but would you not hate you self if you did? A specially now when there are no spare parts  and DJI repair shops who can help you in case of a real quick landing. I wish I knew there where problems with the props cause I was suppose to make a commercial  shoot with the inspire and now it seems I have to rent another system.  I would have grounded it until the locks where here. If you dont have those commitments, the its easier to take the chance.  ;c)

DJI official message is: "Don't fly it! If you have to, tighten the props really good."
2015-1-19
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

It was reported last week that they would go out this week. Seems awful quick to me, who knows? It is what it is!
2015-1-19
Use props
nwellborn85
lvl.2

United States

I couldn't resist and flew mine yesterday a good 4 or 5 times.  Winds were about 10-15 mph and I didn't have it fall to the ground.  I made sure to hand tighten the props extremely well before going for it.  I made sure to avoid water and didn't go higher than 300 ft.  I checked the props after each flight and they didn't seem to come loose or anything.  It's a risk but based on my experience if you tighten the props well you shouldn't have an issue.
2015-1-19
Use props
mike.hamel.emai
lvl.1

Germany

I think it will take a while for the locks and next week is chinese new year where all factory close for 3 weeks.
2015-1-20
Use props
marvelles
lvl.4
Flight distance : 600479 ft
Germany

in germany are the locks on the way.....i speak with my dealer today.
i will get my pros next we :-)
2015-1-20
Use props
PixelArtFilms
lvl.2
Flight distance : 372631 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you go back to what DJI reported they say under certain condition to use the prop locks so if you fall under those condition then use at will otherwise tighten down the props and fly away.
2015-1-20
Use props
AnticipateMedia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 309626 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been tightening the props hard. SO hard that when I try to take the black ones off, they don't freely spin off without me holding the motor bell. (They still turn the motor, even while loosened).  This is actually a good thing. I can't see any issues with the threads or post, and as long as I hold the motor, they will spin off freely. The silver ones still spin off freely. All spin on ok.

So tighten hard until those locks come.
2015-1-20
Use props
josh
New

United States

anyone have extra props for sell? i need some for a shoot next week in Vegas
2015-1-20
Use props
lzrman.email
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7598451 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I have grounded my unit for both the prop locks and waiting on IOS app sucks but it's a expensive tool I wouldn't wanna break.
2015-1-21
Use props
jo.email
New

Australia

I received this from DJI yesterday.

Right now, the prop lock is not ready.
We would keep you informed for the updated news.

So .... Shipping is not the issue as it seems the locks aren't even ready for distribution yet! As suggested above, with the Chinese New Year just around the corner we maybe waiting for a long time!!!!
2015-1-22
Use props
jo.email
New

Australia

jo.email Posted at 2015-1-23 06:39
I received this from DJI yesterday.

Right now, the prop lock is not ready.

I received this today....

These Propeller Locks will become available next Monday. If you ordered your Inspire 1 from the DJI Online Store, they will automatically be shipped to you. If you purchased your Inspire 1 at an authorized DJI dealer, you can collect them there. DJI recommends that you do not attempt flying your Inspire 1 before receiving and installing the Propeller Locks.
2015-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules