Geo Beta App for Android?
1606 5 2016-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

I have been waiting weeks for DJI to release an Android version of the Geo Beta App so us Android users can have the same capabilities as P3 and Inspire users. So far, there is no Geo Beta App for Android, only a Beta App for DJI Go? I don't quite understand...it says "Android Beta App" but only underneath DJI Go. Under the Geo Beta App, it only lists all of the P3's and Inspires. I was told a couple of weeks ago by a DJI moderator that Android now has the Beta App. My question is - where the heck do I download it from? DJI's own website does not have the P4 Beta App. So how are ANY P4 users supposed to use this new feature that's "already been rolled out"?

2016-5-21
Use props
Advocate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1076909 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

From the looks of that site the geo is included in a new beta of the DJI Go app..
2016-5-21
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

Advocate Posted at 2016-5-21 18:01
From the looks of that site the geo is included in a new beta of the DJI Go app..

Yea except when I tried to download the DJI Go Beta App with geofencing, my tablet couldnt open the file. Its in a weird format so i cant even open it to test it. I havent seen one person on here say theyve ben able to use the go beta app for geofencing yet. Theres a glitch in it and they havent figured it out, despite it being on the download page for 2 weeks now. Please fix this DJI so i can actually use your beta app.
2016-5-23
Use props
Advocate
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ah I see.  It's been that long since I used Android I forgot you can download the apk directly to the device.  Out of curiosity have you tried downloading to a PC and transferring onto your tablet from there?
2016-5-23
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

Advocate Posted at 2016-5-23 20:34
Ah I see.  It's been that long since I used Android I forgot you can download the apk directly to th ...

It won't let me download it to my PC at all, it's an app that won't work on Windows, but I guess I could try downloading the installation file then transferring that to the tablet, though I don't see much of a difference in downloading the installation file directly to the tablet or to the PC then the tablet. I can't get it to run on Android, let alone even open or install.
2016-5-29
Use props
Advocate
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try a right-click then 'Save As' to your PC, and then transfer it to the Android tablet from there.
2016-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules